Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The double standard is real

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I will say the guy looks like an inbred incel of the tiki torch variety.

If I had to make odds on motive I'd divide evenly between religious motivation, racial motivation, and some beef related to him being a frustrated incel.

I will also add that if someone had choked him out, shot him, or sat on him until he suffocated that no one on this site would be erecting memorials or getting upset in the slightest about it.
    Classmates of the creep in Atlanta are saying he was religious. We already know he was something of an incel/sexually frustrated per his own confession. I should be a profiler.

I think fear of being called racist a-hole for mentioning the fact that the Asian run massage parlors might have been rub and tugs is why I did not dismiss the racial motivation out of hand. One pic I saw of one of the businesses seemed to suggest they weren't upscale "Spas".

On second thought, you don't have to be a genius to look at that guy and think incel. He's like a webster's dictionary picture of one.

Blog Entries

Classmates of the creep in Atlanta are saying he was religious. We already know he was something of an incel/sexually frustrated per his own confession. I should be a profiler.

I think fear of being called racist a-hole for mentioning the fact that the Asian run massage parlors might have been rub and tugs is why I did not dismiss the racial motivation out of hand. One pic I saw of one of the businesses seemed to suggest they weren't upscale "Spas".
    Maybe his motivation was centered around rejection and not racism?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Maybe his motivation was centered around rejection and not racism?
    I believe he told police he's a sex addict and they are temptation. It might be possible they shut him out for being a creep but I think he is just blaming them for his compulsion/lack of willpower. Something having a girlfriend might have been a more healthier outlet for.

They are not saying it outright but I'm guessing he was going and getting handys

There will probably be a lot of stories in the media about that in the coming weeks.

I'm also guessing it's attention that industry does not want at all.

I have had this discussion a thousand times over with a couple of them. Especially the Baltimore City policeman. On one hand, they play the good soldier, doing their jobs, while acknowledging all of the above. On the other hand, they don't trust the system to be fair to all. Not going to say whether they are justified for feeling that way, but those feelings are real.
    There is a study that shows, based on criminal interactions with police, whites are more likely to be shot than blacks. A higher percentage of blacks are killed by police based on percentage of population, but we can't use that as the standard because while black males make up 6% of the population, they commit over 40% of violent crimes. Violent criminals, regardless of race, are more likely to be killed by police.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I believe he told police he's a sex addict and they are temptation. It might be possible they shut him out for being a creep but I think he is just blaming them for his compulsion/lack of willpower. Something having a girlfriend might have been a more healthier outlet for.
    Is fetishizing a group because of physical characteristics considered racism?

Is fetishizing a group because of physical characteristics considered racism?
    You know I was coming back to this to say it still could be all three, racism, religion, sexual frustration because the fact they don't look like him of course that might make them a convenient scapegoat for his moral failings.

That was a big blind spot type of moment for me. Of course racism could be playing a part.

I don't know if it's fetishism though. Could be. My brothers and I joke that our Dad, who was in the Navy, seemed to have a fondness for Asian women. We think he might have acquired that while cruising in the Philippines as a young man, lol.

I was thinking that the Handy Massage Parlor industry seems to be a niche that attracts Asian proprietors. I thought it might have just been due to that but it after some reflection realized you can't rule it out a racial element because of that. It would be a politically convenient conclusion to draw if you were vested in ruling it out. I think I was being guilty of that.

Now if the story starts being reported as just an incident of hate/racially motivated violence by a "white supremacist" etc. and ignores the religious/incel part of it completely then that would be political expediency too.

The "gun" thing will get played hard though as he bought it a couple hours before the shooting. I'm not sure how that's possible. Must be easy still to get a gun in Georgia. You can't walk out with a gun in Maryland same day and haven't been able to for a long time.

Blog Entries

I have had this discussion a thousand times over with a couple of them. Especially the Baltimore City policeman. On one hand, they play the good soldier, doing their jobs, while acknowledging all of the above. On the other hand, they don't trust the system to be fair to all. Not going to say whether they are justified for feeling that way, but those feelings are real.
    Did you ever listen to that ex-Baltimore City police officer who was on Joe Rogan a few times?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Did you ever listen to that ex-Baltimore City police officer who was on Joe Rogan a few times?
    No. I'll have to check it out.

Blog Entries

No. I'll have to check it out.
    It was a good podcast.

Part of a much larger podcast.

One thing to note - this clip seems to have been edited quite a bit. I would recommend checking out the entire podcast on Spotify or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Although the PIT maneuver was used I'm reading it was "after a short pursuit" and he was arrested "without incident".

They apparently tracked his cell as his parents tipped them off as to his identity based on surveillance photos maybe. So they knew where he was and who he was. I'm guessing they tracked his cell knew the ID of his car and came up behind his car and spun it and he gave up without any sort of fight. Maybe they turned on their sirens and he didn't pull over right away so they made him stop with PIT.

Also this, " Long did not resist during his arrest in Crisp County, about 150 miles south of Atlanta, police officials said. When investigators interviewed him later, he "made indicators that he has some issues, potentially sexual addiction, and may have frequented some of these places in the past," Reynolds told reporters."

So Incel/weirdo it is.
    After a short pursuit???? How many black men have we seen get killed while simply running away? Why don't they get the courtesy of a brief pursuit before apprehension? Why do black folk get shot in the back when a cop is in pursuit?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What about Tony Timpa, Daniel Shaver, or Martin Gugino. All white, all killed by the police. And yet virtually no national media attention.

The issue is police brutality against everyone. Not a race issue.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    What about Tony Timpa, Daniel Shaver, or Martin Gugino. All white, all killed by the police. And yet virtually no national media attention.

The issue is police brutality against everyone. Not a race issue.
    How many Black mass murderers that you know of were apprehended by the police without so much as a taser being used?