Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Are we full circle, back to the 20’s with “blackface”?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    If you think that's crazy, get a load of this. Some guy did a peaceful non-violent protest by taking a knee before a football game, and the freaking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES called the guy a son of a b**** and called for him to get fired!! Can you believe a sitting president tried to get someone cancelled for something dumb like that?? Crazy right?
    If it makes you feel any better what happened to Colin Kaepernick had nothing to do with the fact he's black or what he alleges he was kneeling for but the fact he chose to do something taboo to make his point.

Any white man who knelt for the flag and anthem for any reason based on the same logic, the US is bad and I won't kneel for it, would have gotten the same response i.e. boos, insults, hysterical youtube videos etc... If the white player was maybe marginally talented in a way that his value did not offset the bad PR and was actually insulting people reaching out to him in good faith (I can't emphasize that strongly enough) by tweeting vile insults at them while they were in the process of hiring him... well then that guy would likely have a hard time finding a job as well.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 03-16-2021 at 11:24 AM.

If you think that's crazy, get a load of this. Some guy did a peaceful non-violent protest by taking a knee before a football game, and the freaking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES called the guy a son of a b**** and called for him to get fired!! Can you believe a sitting president tried to get someone cancelled for something dumb like that?? Crazy right?
    Before we switch topics, I need to know.... are you really that ignorant to the topic of kap, or are you just trying to get attention with exaggeration? I just need to know how to respond

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Before we switch topics, I need to know.... are you really that ignorant to the topic of kap, or are you just trying to get attention with exaggeration? I just need to know how to respond
    Did the right try to cancel Colin Kaepernick and the NFL or no? Or do wanna just keep being a hypocrite about the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Before we switch topics, I need to know.... are you really that ignorant to the topic of kap,
    The answer to that is yes.

Kaep chose a path and canceled himself. Good for him I say, playing football hurts and money still coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    If it makes you feel any better what happened to Colin Kaepernick had nothing to do with the fact he's black or what he alleges he was kneeling for but the fact he chose to do something taboo to make his point.

Any white man who knelt for the flag and anthem for any reason based on the same logic, the US is bad and I won't kneel for it, would have gotten the same response i.e. boos, insults, hysterical youtube videos etc... If the white player was maybe marginally talented in a way that his value did not offset the bad PR and was actually insulting people reaching out to him in good faith (I can't emphasize that strongly enough) by tweeting vile insults at them while they were in the process of hiring him... well then that guy would likely have a hard time finding a job as well.
    Wait...is Kaep black? Or white? Arnt his parents ..one of each? Does he have an internal struggle about why people boo him? Lmao.

How does B&C try and bring Kaep into a post about the Grammies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the right try to cancel Colin Kaepernick and the NFL or no? Or do wanna just keep being a hypocrite about the whole thing.

No, The right didn’t try to cancel kap. He was already out of the league.

Just a little history lesson of facts for you

Kap was declining in talent. It happens to most players. He was demoted. Then was offered an extension with no guarantee as a starter. Again, this is common in the nfl
    Kap declined the offer and walked away. He was out of the league. He never got cut. He was never fired. He declined his contract and walked away. 100% on kap.
    Trump never called kap a son of a bitch
    In 2017, active nfl players decided to kneel during the national anthem.
    Fans thought that was disrespectful. Trump said he would like to see an owner fire someone that disrespected the flag. Trump said he would like to see an owner make those claims

“ Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, “Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!” You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, “That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.” And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week.”

No one canceled kap. Trump never said to not let kap play football.
    I hope this helps you understand history.

No, The right didn’t try to cancel kap. He was already out of the league.

Just a little history lesson of facts for you

Kap was declining in talent. It happens to most players. He was demoted. Then was offered an extension with no guarantee as a starter. Again, this is common in the nfl
    Kap declined the offer and walked away. He was out of the league. He never got cut. He was never fired. He declined his contract and walked away. 100% on kap.
    Trump never called kap a son of a bitch
    In 2017, active nfl players decided to kneel during the national anthem.
    Fans thought that was disrespectful. Trump said he would like to see an owner fire someone that disrespected the flag. Trump said he would like to see an owner make those claims

“ Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, “Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!” You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, “That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.” And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week.”

No one canceled kap. Trump never said to not let kap play football.
    I hope this helps you understand history.
    Lololol you all tried to cancel everyone who knelt. Don't act dumb

Lololol you all tried to cancel everyone who knelt. Don't act dumb

I was interested in the tryout Kaep was going to have in Baltimore. Then after his wife posted something dumb I started to think differently. Canceled. Himself. Possibly didn't even want to get back in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    I was interested in the tryout Kaep was going to have in Baltimore. Then after his wife posted something dumb I started to think differently. Canceled. Himself. Possibly didn't even want to get back in the league.
    I wanted him in Baltimore too. I think he would have had a legitimate chance to play and start here. The tweet thing was maddening on two levels, one he blew up that possibility, two he was mocking two of the most beloved sports figures in Baltimore NFL history.

Very frustrating and hard to argue it was not self inflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    See what you did there? When the left thinks someone does something dumb, they say they canceled themselves. When the right thinks someone does something dumb, you also say they canceled themselves. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I wanted him in Baltimore too. I think he would have had a legitimate chance to play and start here. The tweet thing was maddening on two levels, one he blew up that possibility, two he was mocking two of the most beloved sports figures in Baltimore NFL history.

Very frustrating and hard to argue it was not self inflicted.
    So when the left cancels someone, it's never that the person self inflicted their wounds huh.