Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone following this “PRO” bill the dems are ramming through?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Well ..in RTW states ..that’s how it works. You can work for a Union company and not join said Union. You still make the same pay as Union guys. Your benefits may be slightly different but the pay is the same. Otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue.

Now ..in an At Will State ( MD) you can’t work for a Union company w/o joining the Union. And Union and Non-Union companies definitely do not pay the same. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They should let the non union workers negotiate their own contracts but the unions got to be the big dogs with EXCLUSIVE negotiating rights. Just give that up instead.

Why haven’t any of you answered the question of “ how is it ok for someone to make the Union pay and get Union benefits and not pay dues?”

You’ve made it clear it’s not ok to Force someone to join a Union. But that was never the question and this bill doesn’t address that.

Why should the union guy get paid more for the same work???

Ok. First off ...a large chunk of Dues does not go to the DNC. Most Unions and especially Locals have a Political PAC fund. This is where the politics money comes from. Not Dues.

And i have bridge to sell you

Ok. First off ...a large chunk of Dues does not go to the DNC. Most Unions and especially Locals have a Political PAC fund. This is where the politics money comes from. Not Dues.

As for you wife or any MD teacher for that matter. Here’s a couple things.

First and foremost, thanks for being a teacher , not a glamorous job. They are ALL underpaid in my opinion.

Now. If your wife and some, a lot of her peers don’t like things about the Union that’s an invite to get involved! Run for office. Make a difference. Change shit. That’s the beauty of Unions. Their a democracy! Vote for officers you want. Make them change shit.

How much does your wife pay after taxes for Health insurance? Because $1300 a year isn’t a lot to pay in Dues to get all the Union benefits. That’s like $26 dollars a week? And most dues come out before taxes. So you’d miss maybe $15 a week?

And one more time for the cheap seats ....no one is being “Forced” to pay dues. If you don’t want to pay dues and don’t wanna be Union then simply work somewhere that’s not.
    I guess for a teacher that would be private school. I don’t believe they are Union. So maybe aCatholic school or a charter school or any other Private school.

Hmmm. So for someone like my wife, that has worked for the same location for 29 years, your answer is to find a new job now.

And yes, union dues go to political campaigns. And even worse, union thugs pump propaganda on to employees to vote dem. My wife gets all kinds of crap from her union telling her who the union wants her to vote for. In the 20 years, they have never supported a republican.

Union dues should be voluntary. If someone like you, thinks they can’t negotiate better pay based on merit, then the union is great

My wife, who has only received 5 star ratings on every single annual review, will get the same pay increase as every other teacher in the county. Even the ones that get 2 stars.

As for the claim the unions are the reason for her health coverage. That is such a week minded argument. With that logic, should a portion of your pay go to Edison’s estate, since he invented the light bulb. And you use a light bulb every day. And , hold on to your hat, he was a non union guy. So you better thank a non union workers the next time your turn on a light switch

Like I said, unions are great for some people. Those that don’t have the ability to negotiate. And I do t have a problem with those people joining forces to negotiate things. But don’t force everyone to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Why should the union guy get paid more for the same work???
    In the case of a company that’s in a RTW ...the Union guy negotiated his pay. And benefits. The guy who comes off the steeet and refuses to join the Union didn’t negotiate shit. He just jumped in at the Union rate. He did zero work to get that.

Ok. Have you ever been Union? Ever held office or been on a committee or board of a Union? Then how do you know where the money goes? You do realize that the Union can’t just spend members $ on whatever. They have a vote to spend money.

Wow. It shouldn’t surprise me but it does.

You guys sit down here and talk shit about every Dem and or Liberal thing and anyone who thinks that way. You wonder how anyone can be that stupid. Tell everyone that they are just eating the big bullshit sandwich and smiling.

And here you guys are doing the same damn thing. Most of you know about Unions what this country has shoveled down you pie holes since Reagan. Unions Bad. Get Rid if Unions. You don’t need a Union. We got you. Republicans have been supporting big business ever since. What better way to increase corporate profit than to pay your workers less. Let’s increase RTW.

Then they pour honey in your ear and tell you the cost of products goes up because of Unions. Unions killed the Auto industry. They cost to much for us to keep up with Japan. Funny. A non-union made Tundra cost the exact same as a Union made F-150! How is that possible? Doesnt Ford wanna make money??? How does ANY German made car company make money? Their All Unions.

We can argue this shit till the Sun explodes. I’m prob never gonna change your mind and you def ain’t gonna change mine. I’m proudly 3rd generation Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    They should let the non union workers negotiate their own contracts but the unions got to be the big dogs with EXCLUSIVE negotiating rights. Just give that up instead.
    This issue only happens in RTW. Nowhere else do Union and nonunion employees do the same work for the same company.

I don’t care if anyone is Union. You wanna be your own person ..great. Negotiate your own package and God Bless. But don’t poop on Unions and then come work for a Unionized company and reap the benefits they fought and negotiated for and not be willing to join and pay dues. That’s just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Hmmm. So for someone like my wife, that has worked for the same location for 29 years, your answer is to find a new job now.

And yes, union dues go to political campaigns. And even worse, union thugs pump propaganda on to employees to vote dem. My wife gets all kinds of crap from her union telling her who the union wants her to vote for. In the 20 years, they have never supported a republican.

Union dues should be voluntary. If someone like you, thinks they can’t negotiate better pay based on merit, then the union is great

My wife, who has only received 5 star ratings on every single annual review, will get the same pay increase as every other teacher in the county. Even the ones that get 2 stars.

As for the claim the unions are the reason for her health coverage. That is such a week minded argument. With that logic, should a portion of your pay go to Edison’s estate, since he invented the light bulb. And you use a light bulb every day. And , hold on to your hat, he was a non union guy. So you better thank a non union workers the next time your turn on a light switch

Like I said, unions are great for some people. Those that don’t have the ability to negotiate. And I do t have a problem with those people joining forces to negotiate things. But don’t force everyone to pay for it.
    First ...the Union negotiated her / their Health Insurance and the rest of their package. They didn’t invent it. I didn’t say they did. The county negotiated in good faith with the Union and came to an agreement on Health and Welfare package.

You don’t negotiate your health insurance when you apply for a non Union job. You either take/ buy what they offer or you buy your own privately.

As far as the politics crap and propaganda....so what. Don’t listen. Don’t read it. If she’s not part of the Union it’s not like she’s going to Union meetings. I mean who cares?

You’re right about one thing ....I’ve not seen a Republican on any “suggested ballots “ from a Union. In fact most don’t openly support any Republicans. Mostly because Republicans hate Unions. They are Pro-Corporate not Pro-Worker. Not that the Dems are either. But it’s always been that way.

Either way ...you vote is secret. Pull whatever lever you want. It doesn’t matter what anyone tells you or tries to convince you of ...make your choice.

Blog Entries

Really...how much?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It doesn’t force a Union on anyone. It simply makes you belong
    Things that make you go "Hmm."

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg; 03-12-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Sorry to hear that. Not every story is like that. Not all locals are equal.

But I was FORCED and also made to join if I wanted that job.