Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Anyone following this “PRO” bill the dems are ramming through?

Looks like they are attacking “right to work” states. Making it illegal to have a right to work law. Basically means that unions will be forced on companies. Anyone that works for a company that has a union in the progression, will have to join a union. Independent trade workers will all have to pay union dues. My wife, a teacher, that had the option to opt out of the union, will now be required to pay union dues.

Basically, the dems are pushing a bill that will force people to fund democratic campaigns.

Are we officially a one party country yet? I really don’t see how anyone other than a dem can win office anymore

2. Re: Anyone following this “PRO” bill the dems are ramming through?

Hey....this is what the People voted for, after all. Kind of.....

Re: Anyone following this “PRO” bill the dems are ramming through?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Looks like they are attacking “right to work” states. Making it illegal to have a right to work law. Basically means that unions will be forced on companies. Anyone that works for a company that has a union in the progression, will have to join a union. Independent trade workers will all have to pay union dues. My wife, a teacher, that had the option to opt out of the union, will now be required to pay union dues.

Basically, the dems are pushing a bill that will force people to fund democratic campaigns.

Are we officially a one party country yet? I really don’t see how anyone other than a dem can win office anymore
    They are doing everything in their power to turn into a one party country before the next election:
    Scary times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad ...as usual you pick and choose what to post about a bill you don’t like to get attention.

PRO was passed by the House under Trump. It failed in the Senate then.

PRO seeks to re-level the field. Anti-Union and RTW laws and policies have just about killed labor Unions in the US. It doesn’t “force” Unions on any company. If your company has Union workers with a contract and also has non-union workers doing the same work ..yes they have to join the Union and pay Dues. And why shouldnt they? Why is it ok for Johnny Rotten to get the Union pay, benefits, working conditions and not have to pay Dues to get them? Why does he get a free seat at the table when everyone else is paying?

I mean lemme ask you guys a question. Most of not all of you work? Do you...

Enjoy a 40 hr work week with OT after 40?

Enjoy Vacation time off with pay?
    Enjoy paid Holidays?
    Have you ever used FMLA time?
    Do your children work long hrs for low pay all while under 18?
    Do you have employer sponsored health insurance?
    How bout a lunch break?
    Maybe your handicap and use the ADA?
    Maybe you’re old and still need to work? ADEA

These are just a few.
    If you answered yes to any or all of these ...Thank a Union Member.

Organized Labor built the Middle Class and they built America. Why shouldn’t the working man have a voice ?

Remember “United we Stand...Divided we Fall”.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Vlad ...as usual you pick and choose what to post about a bill you don’t like to get attention.

PRO seeks to re-level the field. Anti-Union and RTW laws and policies have just about killed labor Unions in the US. It doesn’t “force” Unions on any company. If your company has Union workers with a contract and also has non-union workers doing the same work ..yes they have to join the Union and pay Dues. And why shouldnt they? Why is it ok for Johnny Rotten to get the Union pay, benefits, working conditions and not have to pay Dues to get them? Why does he get a free seat at the table when everyone else is paying?

Enjoy paid Holidays?
    How bout a lunch break?

These are just a few.

Organized Labor built the Middle Class and they built America. Why shouldn’t the working man have a voice ?

Why is it okay for you to force people to pay money to an organization they don't want to join?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Enjoy paid Holidays?
    How bout a lunch break?

These are just a few.

You crack me up. We all know you are a dem union guy. So of course you love a bill that forced people to pay union dues. The reality is that a overwhelming majority of this country is not in a union and they are happy they dont have to pay dues.

Why on earth do you feel the need to have someone thank you, for something you had nothing to do with? If I have vacation time, thank a union member? Seriously? You sound like an insecure brain dead robot.
    That is like saying if you like tacos, you should thank every Mexican that you see.

Congrats, you are a union guy and you are happy to have someone make decisions for you. But you are the minority. If unions are so great, why do you need a bill to force people to pay dues when they don’t want to.
    Last edited by Vlad the lad; 03-11-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Why is it okay for you to force people to pay money to an organization they don't want to join?
    Don’t force anyone. It’s a job requirement if that shop or whatever is Union. If you don’t wanna join said Union don’t accept that job. Freedom of choice

There are “open shop” jobs available. In basically every trade or profession that has a Union. By all means work for them if you don’t support a Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You crack me up. We all know you are a dem union guy. So of course you love a bill that forced people to pay union dues. The reality is that a overwhelming majority of this country is not in a union and they are happy they dont have to pay dues.

Why on earth do you feel the need to have someone thank you, for something you had nothing to do with? If I have vacation time, thank a union member? Seriously? You sound like an insecure brain dead robot.
    That is like saying if you like tacos, you should thank every Mexican that you see.

Congrats, you are a union guy and you are happy to have someone make decisions for you. But you are the minority. If unions are so great, why do you need a bill to force people to pay dues when they don’t want to.
    That’s not what the bill is doing. Damn.

If you don’t want to pay dues ...don’t work for a Union company. Simple really. Why is it ok for you to make what I make , have the same benefits I have and that I or my Union collectively bargained for ..and you not pay dues like me?

You guys just think Unions tax the shit outa us dumbass workers with dues don’t you? Lemme educate you a bit.

Most Union dues are 2x hourly rate a week before taxes. Some local Unions have “in house dues “ that are paid out of pocket to the Union Hall. Most I’ve seen is $25 a month.

Weekly check off dues are our ( workers ) contributions to our funds. Also they pay our officers , organizers and office staff. I know a percent of ours goes to our training school to pay our teachers who teach our apprenticeship classes.

So let’s see if Union guy makes $35 an hour. He pays $70 a week for Health Insurance, pension , Annuity , training , life insurance, disability insurance. So that’s $280 a month plus. $25 to the Local so a total of $305 a month.

What’s all that cost you at your job?

When you want a raise ...how do you get it? Go and plead your case to your boss?

If you want better health insurance..how do you get that?

Does your boss pay for your continuing education?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

No, it passed in the House under Pelosi. Trump (no president) has control over what the House passes, especially when controlled by another party.

So it doesn't force a union onto a company, it forces a union onto the employees. Is that better? Johnny Rotten might very well EARN MORE if pay was based on merit and not predetermined set wages, so maybe Johnny Rotten is getting screwed , , , and now twice when you make him pay union dues . . . and three times if he doesn't want to support the Democrat party.

Enjoy paid Holidays?
    How bout a lunch break?

These are just a few.

Those things you credit to unions were done LONG ago. And not all of those things are from unions, many are codified into law. If they were strictly due to unions right to work states wouldn't have those things.

Organized labor did not build the middle class, the free flow of capital and freedom of movement had a much bigger role.

As for the working man's voice, WHAT ABOUT THE WORKING MAN THAT DOESN'T WANT TO JOIN THE UNION OR PAY IT DUES?

FREEDOM! Let the working man make his choice. Unions are dead in this country because they aren't needed any longer. The only way they can survive is government employee unions and forcing THE WORKING MAN to pay up.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That’s not what the bill is doing. Damn.

If you don’t want to pay dues ...don’t work for a Union company. Simple really. Why is it ok for you to make what I make , have the same benefits I have and that I or my Union collectively bargained for ..and you not pay dues like me?

So you were championing THE WORKING MAN'S VOICE but now you want him to shut up and work where you approve if he doesn't want to pay union dues.

You need to pick one thing or the other: The Working Man's freedom or his servitude to a union if he dare try and get a job you deem he can't have unless he pays you and your union.

Sounds like a Mafia Protection Racket.

That's a nice job you have there, it would be a shame if something happened to it.

Don’t force anyone. It’s a job requirement if that shop or whatever is Union. If you don’t wanna join said Union don’t accept that job. Freedom of choice

There are “open shop” jobs available. In basically every trade or profession that has a Union. By all means work for them if you don’t support a Union.

Does the company have a choice or not of whether it has union workers?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock