Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should Maryland Change the State Song?

While we're at it we should change the name of the state flower The Blackeyed Susan. Sounds like a battered wife and we shouldn't be honoring a flower that has domestic abuse undertones.

Blog Entries

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    While we're at it we should change the name of the state flower The Blackeyed Susan. Sounds like a battered wife and we shouldn't be honoring a flower that has domestic abuse undertones.
    How about "Browneyed" Susan?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    How about "Browneyed" Susan?
    https://youtu.be/kqXSBe-qMGo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    I remember learning that the Maryland state song was "Oh Christmas Tree" in elementary school. Or "Oh Tannenbaum" for my German brethren.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It's the same music, not lyrics. The Baltimore Colts fight song is what you hear at Ravens games that then also included the state song, so at the end of the familiar tune the band would play "Maryland, my Maryland" though the lyrics were not used.

They could just rewrite the lyrics. Maybe Cardi B would work in some WAP lyrics to it.

Blog Entries

Once you start down the renaming/cancelling path due to history where do you stop?

In 1664, led by the third Lord Baltimore, plantation owner and Proprietary Governor Charles Calvert, Maryland became the first colony to mandate lifelong servitude for all black slaves, the first to make the children of slaves their master's property for life, and the first to ban interracial marriages.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Once you start down the renaming/cancelling path due to history where do you stop?

In 1664, led by the third Lord Baltimore, plantation owner and Proprietary Governor Charles Calvert, Maryland became the first colony to mandate lifelong servitude for all black slaves, the first to make the children of slaves their master's property for life, and the first to ban interracial marriages.
    They stop several generations down the road when everyone has forgotten about their history, so no one can learn from the mistakes they've made and won't object to the government making those "mistakes" again.

I've often wondered if the uptick in the identity and racial politics has to do with the Globalists realizing that a lot of Americans are fed up with their objectives - particularly Black Americans. The whole "Blexit" movement has to be scary for them because it means they won't be able to keep their thumb on the Black population in America as much.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.