Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Every team’s longest completion ever

Shout out to the following WRs that people may have forgotten about

Robert Brooks - legit serious deep threat for the Pack; that 1995 season went 102/167 for 1497 yards and 13 TD and was a Pro Bowl snub. I believe he was once Madden's fastest rated player.

Andre' Davis - in 2004 he only caught 16 passes... for 416 yards

Tony Martin - 11 year career, four 1000 yard seasons, 9065 career yards and 56 TD. Like many burners, he caught about half his targets.

Mike Quick - of course he'd make the list. 5x Pro Bowler, 2x All Pro, career 17.8 YPR, he absolutely lived up to his name for the Iggles. Note that play was a Walk-Off and is one of Philly's most iconic plays.

Pat Studstill - one year wonder did more kicking for the Lions than playmaking at flanker... but in 1966 he caught 67 passes for 1266 yards and 5 TD. This was 1966!!

Michael Haynes - Featured player for the Jerry Glanville Run-And-Shoot Falcons; had the longest reception in the NFL two consecutive seasons (89 yards in 1992, 98 yards in 1993) and led the league in YPR (22.4) in 1991.

John Taylor - This was the guy in San Francisco before Jerry Rice took over. 2x Pro Bowls, 3x Super Bowls, 2nd Team All 1980s

Wesley Walker - Yes the Jets had somebody in the 1980s besides Al Toon. 2x Pro Bowls, 1x All Pro, 8306 career yards and a hefty 71 receiving TD

Haywood Jeffires - the second Run-And-Shoot WR on the list, I remember (vaguely) this guy being a stud for Warren Moon. 3x Pro Bowl, 1x All Pro, 6334 yards and 50 TD. One guy featured however that was NOT known as a burner, he only averaged 11.8 YPR.

Some of these other guys go without saying.

PS: RIP Vincent Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    That video only featured regular season plays. I don't think they considered playoff games for any franchise.
    makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Shout out to the following WRs that people may have forgotten about

Robert Brooks - legit serious deep threat for the Pack; that 1995 season went 102/167 for 1497 yards and 13 TD and was a Pro Bowl snub. I believe he was once Madden's fastest rated player.

Andre' Davis - in 2004 he only caught 16 passes... for 416 yards

Tony Martin - 11 year career, four 1000 yard seasons, 9065 career yards and 56 TD. Like many burners, he caught about half his targets.

Mike Quick - of course he'd make the list. 5x Pro Bowler, 2x All Pro, career 17.8 YPR, he absolutely lived up to his name for the Iggles. Note that play was a Walk-Off and is one of Philly's most iconic plays.

Pat Studstill - one year wonder did more kicking for the Lions than playmaking at flanker... but in 1966 he caught 67 passes for 1266 yards and 5 TD. This was 1966!!

Michael Haynes - Featured player for the Jerry Glanville Run-And-Shoot Falcons; had the longest reception in the NFL two consecutive seasons (89 yards in 1992, 98 yards in 1993) and led the league in YPR (22.4) in 1991.

John Taylor - This was the guy in San Francisco before Jerry Rice took over. 2x Pro Bowls, 3x Super Bowls, 2nd Team All 1980s

Wesley Walker - Yes the Jets had somebody in the 1980s besides Al Toon. 2x Pro Bowls, 1x All Pro, 8306 career yards and a hefty 71 receiving TD

Haywood Jeffires - the second Run-And-Shoot WR on the list, I remember (vaguely) this guy being a stud for Warren Moon. 3x Pro Bowl, 1x All Pro, 6334 yards and 50 TD. One guy featured however that was NOT known as a burner, he only averaged 11.8 YPR.

Some of these other guys go without saying.

PS: RIP Vincent Jackson
    I once tried to cover Andre’ Davis one on one in high school.

It didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave it to the Bucs for their longest completion to not even be a TD

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Every team’s longest completion ever

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    the video got ours wrong. they list the Mike Wallace 95 yard TD, but the Shannon Sharpe TD was 96 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFZ4Scqh4w

maybe they meant longest regular season pass?
    PTO, I was thinking about that very same thing. Maybe Sharpe (as you posted) is a TE or maybe it was in a Playoff game? I do believe you are correct though... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    PTO, I was thinking about that very same thing. Maybe Sharpe (as you posted) is a TE or maybe it was in a Playoff game? I do believe you are correct though... Bc
    BC - Every team's longest pass completion was from a regular season game. I don't think playoff games were considered for this exercise.

The odd thing about the Roethlisberger 97 yard TD pass to Juju is... that they did it twice, making Juju the only WR with two 95+ yard TD's. Here's the other one (I know you probably don't care because it's the Steelers but it's just strange it happened twice).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t00Vt2_zw9o

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    BC - Every team's longest pass completion was from a regular season game. I don't think playoff games were considered for this exercise.
    OK, thanks. That makes more sense... Bc

P.S. - Sharpe's TD was a beautiful thing though. I remember that and this :

https://youtu.be/C__R2dGa6qs

about that Playoff game with the Raiders... Bc