Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I wish we never got rid of Juszczyk

I know we have Ricard, who is much cheaper and a decent fullback (but aint lining up in the slot or makin anyone miss). Juszczyk in this offense would be so special. I'm just sitting here thinking about how expensive he probably is gonna be in FA, and a reunion highly unlikely, but damn, I wish we had that guy back.

Re: I wish we never got rid of Juszczyk

I don't know if he really WILL be that expensive.

Almost no one uses a FB, and he's 30 years old.

It made sense not to match SF. They had a ton of cap space and were willing to overpay a bit to get quality players in, especially considering the overall cap was lower at the time, they made him the highest paid FB in the NFL and he had yet to really develop himself as a pass catcher a whole ton.

I would definitely welcome him back though, Ricard only has one year remaining on his contract, they could probably use both of them in 2021 because of how run/heavy set oriented Roman's offense can be. Then decide if you want to keep one or both moving forward.

This offense could do some cool things with him for sure

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    It made sense not to match SF. They had a ton of cap space and were willing to overpay a bit to get quality players in, especially considering the overall cap was lower at the time, they made him the highest paid FB in the NFL and he had yet to really develop himself as a pass catcher a whole ton.

I would definitely welcome him back though, Ricard only has one year remaining on his contract, they could probably use both of them in 2021 because of how run/heavy set oriented Roman's offense can be. Then decide if you want to keep one or both moving forward.

This offense could do some cool things with him for sure
    This. Just one of those things where we didn't really have a choice

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This. Just one of those things where we didn't really have a choice

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-fran...uszczyk-12411/

Really was not making much when you look at it. Has a little bit less than a Boyle-type contract. I said in an earlier post on another thread how he is a free agent and would be interested in having him back. I'm sure Roman would have better use with him than any WR we would sign haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post

Really was not making much when you look at it. Has a little bit less than a Boyle-type contract. I said in an earlier post on another thread how he is a free agent and would be interested in having him back. I'm sure Roman would have better use with him than any WR we would sign haha.
    Yea we could definitely make use of him in the run game. Hes prolly pounding the table for him rather than any wr in the planet

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

He was a horrible blocker, I remember him missing several big blocks that cost us games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post

Juice was the highest paid fullback of all time. It's less than Boyle because fullbacks don't make anything close to what a TE can make. Hunter Henry won't get the same as Tyreek Hill but that doesn't mean that the $12 million a year it will cost for Henry won't be a lot.

You can find players in the draft or even undrafted players who can play FB and catch. Rhamondre Stevenson from Oklahoma for example is someone who got 500 yards on the ground, 250 through the air and has a reputation as a good blocker. I'd be looking for the next player to turn into Juszczyk instead of paying Juszczyk
    Last edited by GOTA; 03-04-2021 at 08:22 AM.

5 RB set with Dobbins Edwards Hill Ricard and Juice-check let's GOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    5 RB set with Dobbins Edwards Hill Ricard and Juice-check let's GOOOO
    Let's NOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
    (That's meant to be not rather than noot.)

Blog Entries

With Ricard now on offense full time I think he's a comparable replacement. And I loved Juice, started the welcome thread when he was drafted.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I know we have Ricard, who is much cheaper and a decent fullback (but aint lining up in the slot or makin anyone miss). Juszczyk in this offense would be so special. I'm just sitting here thinking about how expensive he probably is gonna be in FA, and a reunion highly unlikely, but damn, I wish we had that guy back.

It made sense letting him go after his rookie contract because that version of the Ravens offense didn't use him to his full capacity but Juszczyk would be great in the current offense.

I think you're right, he'll be expensive. With how key he is to the 49ers offense, the bidding might get quite high between teams running the Shanahan system, where he has most value.