Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: I wish we never got rid of Juszczyk

its also a credit to SF that they used him more effectively.

The reduced Cap will have all kinds of players available in FA - having been released from their teams account Cap considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-fran...uszczyk-12411/

Really was not making much when you look at it. Has a little bit less than a Boyle-type contract. I said in an earlier post on another thread how he is a free agent and would be interested in having him back. I'm sure Roman would have better use with him than any WR we would sign haha.
    At the time it was a pretty significant contract when the cap was lower for what was considered a dying position, when you see how he evolved as a pass catcher it turned out to be a good investment but I won't fault Ozzie for not wanting to match or go over what SF gave him.

FB's are pretty easy to come by, you can usually get a good one for dirt cheap via a mid-late round pick or UDFA. Not that many teams even use them anymore. Which I think was the Ravens mentality, it's an easy position to replace for cheap without doling out a chunk of money for a 2nd contract

With that said I would gladly welcome him back

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Duvernay gained a lot of his receiving yards on bubble screens in college
    Duvernay was sorely underutilized for the dynamic he adds when he has the ball.

Lamar also makes 6 RBs with that set.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Duvernay was sorely underutilized for the dynamic he adds when he has the ball.

Lamar also makes 6 RBs with that set.
    Agreed. Duvernay was the most underutilized guy on the entire team in 2020. Duv was electric with the ball in his hands and Roman just never made it a priority to get him touches. Look at how Kyle Shannahan used Deebo Samuel in 2019 (he was injured most of 2020), we could've done something similar with Duv but we opted to not manufacture many touches for him.

Really squandered his rookie season on offense, it took them way too long to give him the PR job as well, he was the best returner on the team by a mile and it was apparent very early

Blog Entries

Ricard is a much better blocker which is what they really need. He has good hands and can run defenders over. He can also play d-line. They don't need him to lineup in the slot and make people miss. That's why they have Marquise Brown, Dobbins and Duvernay and Lamar. There's no question they'd rather have Ricard over Juz.