Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Chris Simms QB Rankings

Chris Simms has always done this with his rankings, he's Mr. Hot Take

He had KJ Hamler over Jerry Jeudy in his 2020 WR rankings, he's way too fickle and fan-boyish to put stock into with how he grades prospects

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Haven't looked at the QBs nearly as close as I used to.
    But, I respect Chris Simms QB analysis way more then most of the order draft guys out there.

I remember last year Chris was one of the few people (like me) that Justin Herbert ahead of Tua.
    Way ahead of Tua. He didn't think Tua was a first rounder, IIRC. I don't know much about college QBs but the tape of Tua working out before the draft was extremely underwhelming to me. His deep ball on his tape with nobody on the field the guy had to stop to catch it at his knees. And this what was on the tape.

I watch him and Florio many days on PFT and his QB record is pretty good. He had Jackson as his top QB in 2018 and had Josh Allen a close second and when close to the draft equivocated to maybe Allen as the top guy. He took a lot of heat at the time, especially about Jackson.

3. Re: Chris Simms QB Rankings

Nope, none of this.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

He had KJ Hamler over Jerry Jeudy in his 2020 WR rankings, he's way too fickle and fan-boyish to put stock into with how he grades prospects
    He doesn't put his stock into his other rankings. I don't know how much WR work he does but he studies everything the QBs in college have on tape. I don't always agree with him but I don't get the impression he throws crap against the wall to get hits. I believe he is giving his honest opinion and he has a decent record over the last 3 years.

Who had Herbert ahead of Tua and who had Tua as low first rounder at best? Simms.

I definitely disagree with that assumption on Simms. I have followed him for couple years. I actually liked him way back when he was drafted. Sadly his NFL career was never very good.

He has been spot on last few years on his QB rankings. He called Lamar and Allen back when the entire country was talking up Josh Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. He was pretty much the only one talking about Lamar and Allen being the best in that draft.

I watched the episode last night, its pretty good. Very informative. Simms tends to take criticism more than he leads on, he referenced it quite alot in the video.

He knows the Ravens well, he often does videos and talks about the Ravens.

I have only watched few highlight reels on Wilson but he very well might be the best QB talent wise in this draft. He does remind you of Mahomes a bit with his playing style.

Blog Entries

On thing I’ve noticed about Simms is he doesn’t engage on social media. He posts something and never returns. Dudes are arguing with nobody because he doesn’t read it.

Probably a good sanity tactic

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

In think Mac is going to be the steal of the draft.
    "That's what."
    — She

With all the QB needy teams, I wouldn't be surprised if ALL 6 of them go in the first round. There are going to be a lot of great prospects that slide down the board because of that need, which will benefit us.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I definitely disagree with that assumption on Simms. I have followed him for couple years. I actually liked him way back when he was drafted. Sadly his NFL career was never very good.

He has been spot on last few years on his QB rankings. He called Lamar and Allen back when the entire country was talking up Josh Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. He was pretty much the only one talking about Lamar and Allen being the best in that draft.

I watched the episode last night, its pretty good. Very informative. Simms tends to take criticism more than he leads on, he referenced it quite alot in the video.

He knows the Ravens well, he often does videos and talks about the Ravens.

I have only watched few highlight reels on Wilson but he very well might be the best QB talent wise in this draft. He does remind you of Mahomes a bit with his playing style.
    I still see him tend to lean into the hot takes a lot

I agree, he was one of the few people talking up Lamar that year... but he's also done a number of rankings where he just tries to stir the put and be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. Like not putting Jeudy in his top 5 WR's was just silly hot take material if you actually watched his college film. The kid nearly had a 1000 yd rookie season with some of the worst/inconsistent QB play in the NFL.

Simms had Hamler over Jeudy, coincidentally they played in the same offense, Jeudy obviously started over him and had over 2x the production.

I agree, he was one of the few people talking up Lamar that year... but he's also done a number of rankings where he just tries to stir the put and be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian. Like not putting Jeudy in his top 5 WR's was just silly hot take material if you actually watched his college film. The kid nearly had a 1000 yd rookie season with some of the worst/inconsistent QB play in the NFL.

Simms had Hamler over Jeudy, coincidentally they played in the same offense, Jeudy obviously started over him and had over 2x the production.
    As in KJ Hamler? He was from Penn State.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    As in KJ Hamler? He was from Penn State.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    They both play for the Broncos

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have been watching and listening to as many shows and pod casts I can find on the draft. One thing I keep hearing most recently from Mel Kiper is this years Draft Class (WR and O Line) are supposed to be the deepest positions. That is great because those are two of the top 3 weakest positions on the team.

But I hope this year doesnt resemble 2017 when they went all defense because every other team was loading up on WRS.

One thing that kind of stands out this year with the WR prospects is Lack of size. It looks like most are smaller, burner WRS in the 180-200 lb range & 5' 8-6' range on a lot of them .

Not saying that is all around a bad thing, but the Ravens need a big boundary target and this year they look in short supply