Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chris Simms QB Rankings

This has no bearing on the Ravens, so this is for fun, but Simms is usually spot on with his QB rankings, however controversial they may be. How do you all feel about this list?

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/...21407075897346

1. Zach Wilson
    2. Trevor Lawrence
    3. Mac Jones
    4. Kellen Mond
    5. Justin Fields
    6. Trey Lance

I haven't looked too much at Qb's since we already have ours, but I kinda like it. Definitely bold. I will say that Mond looked incredible to me during the Senior Bowl. Made several high-level tight-window throws that I don't usually see from him. I've never been too much of a believer in Trey Lance.

Also, I think there's a subconscious feeling among many pro and armchair scouts that Zach Wilson's tape looks better than Lawrence's, and Simms is just the first to have the balls to say it. Some throws Wilson makes off-platform are incredible.

What do y'all think

Re: Chris Simms QB Rankings

I like it that he's got Mac Jones up high. He's criminally underrated. Imo Lance came out 1 yr too early and would need at least a year to learn behind a vet.

Blog Entries

He has to throw a curve ball to get people to listen to his podcast explanation, otherwise it's the same as other ratings.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I like it that he's got Mac Jones up high. He's criminally underrated. Imo Lance came out 1 yr too early and would need at least a year to learn behind a vet.
    I agree with you on all of this. I like Mac at 3. His decision making is really good, and from a traits perspective, I think his arm is a tick better than Burrow, so it's just fine. And you're definitely right with Lance. He's definitely gonna need a year. I don't see him being able to process at an NFL level any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He has to throw a curve ball to get people to listen to his podcast explanation, otherwise it's the same as other ratings.
    This would apply to almost anybody else, but dude has a pristine record when it comes to evaluations. He's nailed the order of the past 4 drafts with the Qb's with his only mistake being ranking Daniel Jones lower than what would be.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I agree with you on all of this. I like Mac at 3. His decision making is really good, and from a traits perspective, I think his arm is a tick better than Burrow, so it's just fine. And you're definitely right with Lance. He's definitely gonna need a year. I don't see him being able to process at an NFL level any time soon.
    He throws a really nice deep ball and also had the best receiving corps out there. His pocket presence and his ability to move was top notch. One of these days I'd really like to take a look at Wilson since I don't know the last time I seen a BYU game but he seems like a really exciting prospect.

Blog Entries

This would apply to almost anybody else, but dude has a pristine record when it comes to evaluations. He's nailed the order of the past 4 drafts with the Qb's with his only mistake being ranking Daniel Jones lower than what would be.
    Pretty sure he had LJ as his top pick in 2018. And I recall last summer he ranked all 32 teams QB's and had Tom Brady at 15 with the obligatory "listen to my podcast to find out why"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This has no bearing on the Ravens, so this is for fun, but Simms is usually spot on with his QB rankings, however controversial they may be. How do you all feel about this list?

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/...21407075897346

1. Zach Wilson
    2. Trevor Lawrence
    3. Mac Jones
    4. Kellen Mond
    5. Justin Fields
    6. Trey Lance

I haven't looked too much at Qb's since we already have ours, but I kinda like it. Definitely bold. I will say that Mond looked incredible to me during the Senior Bowl. Made several high-level tight-window throws that I don't usually see from him. I've never been too much of a believer in Trey Lance.

Also, I think there's a subconscious feeling among many pro and armchair scouts that Zach Wilson's tape looks better than Lawrence's, and Simms is just the first to have the balls to say it. Some throws Wilson makes off-platform are incredible.

What do y'all think
    Haven't looked at the QBs nearly as close as I used to.
    But, I respect Chris Simms QB analysis way more then most of the order draft guys out there.

I remember last year Chris was one of the few people (like me) that Justin Herbert ahead of Tua.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

I think he put something on paper to get people to talk about it.
    I don’t think anyone in their right mind actually thinks there has been a better pro prospect for several years than Trevor Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he had LJ as his top pick in 2018.
    I thought I heard him say on a podcast episode, that he initially had LJ as the #1 QB that year. But he was kicking himself since then; that was his first season doing rankings, or one of his first, and he let himself get swayed by other opinions he was hearing. Figured "those guys must know something, there must be something I'm missing", and moved LJ down his list as draft-season wore on.

Interesting story on "the education of a young analyst", or something.

Blog Entries

I think he’s the best QB in the draft.