Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Lawson, Reddick and Ingram

I'm a buyer beware on Reddick honestly. He had 12 sacks, but 5 of them came vs the Giants. That's nearly 50%% of his sack production. Same thing with Leonard Floyd if he is let go. 7 of his sacks came against the Seahawks. I am skeptical of counting on them being double digit guys. But they are going to get paid like it.

Re: Lawson, Reddick and Ingram

I prefer Lawson substantially over the other two, but I don't think he will be in our budget. Ingram might be. Imagine if Wolfe is re-signed along with McPhee and Ingram is brought in. We'd have 5 of our defensive line over the age of 31.

Spotrac has Carl Lawson at 8.8M market value, not a bargain but considering Judon is listed at having nearly double the market value... definitely a route I would rather go over giving Judon a bag or another franchise tag... please no

I'm at the point where if Judon leaves and somehow turns into a sack machine in a different scheme AFTER getting a huge contract... so be it. Wouldn't bother me one bit, I'm not taking that gamble, it's not like he's super young anymore either, I feel he's at his ceiling already

I see him as an edge setting run game dominant guy... Judon has a skill set, it's just not one that is worth mega money in a passing league

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I'm a buyer beware on Reddick honestly. He had 12 sacks, but 5 of them came vs the Giants. That's nearly 50%% of his sack production. Same thing with Leonard Floyd if he is let go. 7 of his sacks came against the Seahawks. I am skeptical of counting on them being double digit guys. But they are going to get paid like it.
    It's a minor red flag but there's a long history of double digit sack guys feasting on poor opponents. Derrick Thomas had his 20 sack season in 1990; 7 of them came against Seattle (which set the NFL record for one game).

5. Re: Lawson, Reddick and Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It's a minor red flag but there's a long history of double digit sack guys feasting on poor opponents. Derrick Thomas had his 20 sack season in 1990; 7 of them came against Seattle (which set the NFL record for one game).
    Yeah i'm not completely against it, but I sure as hell a skeptical of it. I'd have to look more at the other games and see how they got home and what their weaknesses were/are.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Spotrac has Carl Lawson at 8.8M market value,
    That's really good value at that position. I think he's better than Judon regardless of value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't know about rushing the passer but they'd make a great law firm.
    LOL, like "Dewey, Screwem, and Howe" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Spotrac has Carl Lawson at 8.8M market value

And thank you Mr. Judon for your services....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, like "Dewey, Screwem, and Howe" ... Bc
    Or Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, Hungerdunger, and McCormick.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, like "Dewey, Screwem, and Howe"
    I thought it was Cheatem.

Like, "Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe".

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That's really good value at that position. I think he's better than Judon regardless of value.
    Not sure if he's better, but he's younger and still growing as a player... in terms of value for money, it's a big yes from me

I like getting young players off of bad teams, it just feels like there is so much untapped potential because they come from less-than-stellar coaching and a losing culture. Think that just means there's a lot of room for growth with better coaching in a winning culture that will get them motivated

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post

And thank you Mr. Judon for your services....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Judon can go sign with Dan Snyder for $16M AAV if Lawson can be had at that price.