Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast
  1. Re: the need for a WR is a red herring

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Willie Snead, who was WR2 in terms of target share and WR3 in snap count.

This is so ridiculous. You're saying the Ravens offense needs multiple O Linemen, a 4th QB, a 4th RB and, I'm sure, a TE or 2 before they even start thinking about even replacing their WR2. Why stop there when you could add a 2nd FB to the list?

Numerous posters think the O Line, which was much closer to league average, is a huge priority for adding players, whereas the WR group, which was far, far below league average will somehow come good on its own. The Ravens have a long track record of improving O line players and no history of developing receivers, yet WR is the group that numerous posters are asking us to expect individual improvements from the same personnel.

It makes no sense and everyone who is unaffected by the Ravens fan collective madness can see that it makes no sense. That's why every NFL journalist, draft expert and pundit thinks WR should be a priority for the Ravens.
    Willie Snead is still listed as a Raven.

If Willie Snead goes, he'll have to be replaced.

Those NFL journalists are the same ones who think that running QBs don't work, that run first teams don't work, and that more passing is better. Those NFL journalists are wrong.

The Ravens, with a healthy Stanley and O Brown, have 2 good oliners out of 5. Bozeman is mediocre, and at Center and RG, the Ravens are bad.

If you compare the WRs, overall, of the best running team in the NFL and everyone else, you'd find that the stats, like receiving yards, of the best running team, won't be the best, because the thing they do best is running, and do most is running, not passing.

But, again, if Snead is gone, which some suspect will happen, he will have to be replaced. But there's no need for a big Christmas present WR. OL needs upgraded, especially at Center, and edge needs attention. Can the Ravens make edge better? It seems like it's quite possible that at least 1 good edge player will leave. Money needs to be spent oline (Center) and edge, before WR.

Blog Entries

Re: the need for a WR is a red herring

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Im confused on whats happening here, are people arguing against giving lamar a better option at WR?
    People are falsely claiming that some board members believe that’s the only change that needs to be made.

No one, to my knowledge, has said that. We’ve all said that we want to see improvement along the offensive line and the passing scheme itself.

A shocking statement from Harbaugh!
    https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...047827472?s=19
    [To be followed up after FA with "We really didn't think we needed to sign free agent receivers.")
    Next man up...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    [To be followed up after FA with "We really didn't think we needed to sign free agent receivers.")
    Next man up...

Well I do agree on Duvernay stepping up if given the chance, but I see him as a WR3 Snead replacement. And who knows what Proche is capable of because he didn't play last year.

But a starting WR to line up opposite Hollywood is a huge need.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Well I do agree on Duvernay stepping up if given the chance, but I see him as a WR3 Snead replacement. And who knows what Proche is capable of because he didn't play last year.

But a starting WR to line up opposite Hollywood is a huge need.
    It really is this simple.. Duv might be a good snead replacement, but we have no idea. Definitely has the tools. I viewwd snead as a low end 2, a good 3 and Holly wood a good 2. If we can get Duv to a good 2 level while bringing in a top tier 2, we'd be set

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

6. Re: the need for a WR is a red herring

It really is this simple.. Duv might be a good snead replacement, but we have no idea. Definitely has the tools. I viewwd snead as a low end 2, a good 3 and Holly wood a good 2. If we can get Duv to a good 2 level while bringing in a top tier 2, we'd be set

Charles,

I'm a firm believer that in our offensive structure, a WR corp of three 2s makes more sense than a traditional #1, #2, #3 setup.

That said, I don't think they should stop trying to get a #1, which is clearly what they thought they had in Hollywood.

I think we'll see either Marvin Jones Jr or AJ Greene on a 2 year deal and a draft pick (maybe not as high of one as some would prefer). This WR class is deep, so I see them going in other directions with their picks in rounds 1 and 2.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Charles,

I'm a firm believer that in our offensive structure, a WR corp of three 2s makes more sense than a traditional #1, #2, #3 setup.

That said, I don't think they should stop trying to get a #1, which is clearly what they thought they had in Hollywood.

I think we'll see either Marvin Jones Jr or AJ Greene on a 2 year deal and a draft pick (maybe not as high of one as some would prefer). This WR class is deep, so I see them going in other directions with their picks in rounds 1 and 2.

Glad I'm not the only one that looks at it that way. I would be fine with Davis or Jones, I just have no idea what we are getting in aj green

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post

I think this is the most likely scenario for addressing the WR position as well, with perhaps an outside chance the Ravens instead sign a high level WR2.

Maybe as the league cuts players to get under the cap, there will be a surprise free agent(s) WR that becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Next man up...

His comment is kind of dumb when you think about it.

What is a big jump for Proche? 10 snaps on offense considering he had what 3 all of last year?

Duvernay to get 20?

WR is a huge need. They clearly admitted OL was big need at the end of the season, so if they believe WR is ok, that is just frustrating as hell to believe from a fans perspective.

I would like to see them both get snaps but if Hollywood goes down this group has no depth.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    His comment is kind of dumb when you think about it.

What is a big jump for Proche? 10 snaps on offense considering he had what 3 all of last year?

Duvernay to get 20?

WR is a huge need. They clearly admitted OL was big need at the end of the season, so if they believe WR is ok, that is just frustrating as hell to believe from a fans perspective.

I would like to see them both get snaps but if Hollywood goes down this group has no depth.
    Dude if this group goes down... It would be hilariously bad

Dude if this group goes down... It would be hilariously bad

It will be like 2015 when Kamar Aiken was the WR1 the last two months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    It will be like 2015 when Kamar Aiken was the WR1 the last two months of the season.
    How dare you speak ill of Baltimore Legend Lamar Atkin