Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: the need for a WR is a red herring

Sign C. Lindsley
    Sign a vet edge player
    Re-sign Bowser
    Go for bargain WR with size (T Williams, Marvin Jones, etc.)
    Draft Edge in first round assuming the player isn't a reach
    Ideally trade Brown and use a high pick on a tackle and sign a cheap vet RT as insurance

That'd be my perfect offseason. I don't think any of the high profile WR make it to FA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    So when it comes to offense, don't follow the trends of what the best teams all had in common, don't play copycat, just double down on the running game and focus on what we already do well, don't mold after the Bucs #2 pass offense in any way shape or form, because we can win a Super Bowl running more than everyone else
    Lol, pointing to the Bucs isn't a trend its the Tommy Brady effect.
    Where was the Buc's offense pre-Brady? I'll tell you where they were....18th by DVOA. You know where the Ravens were? Take a guess? Yep. Numero Uno. A #1. You know where the Ravens pass offense was ranked? Right again: Tops.
    This year the Bucs offense 3rd by DVOA, 5th in passing and this might surprise you...top 10 in rushing...up from 25th.

You know what didn't change for either in 2019-2020 for either the Ravens or the Bucs? Yup. The WRs.

They added Brady, a starting OT in the draft, Gronk (oh? a TE) and Fournette (quality back-up RB)

Lamar bounces back is our Brady. Add an starting OL. Add a TE. We're good on RBs.
    You know, I like that trend you point to here.
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-01-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Tom Brady went from one of the worst pass catching groups in New England to one of the best in Tampa Bay. Why is it with the Ravens they don't need to invest in pass catchers, but somehow Lamar is just going to bounce back without any help.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I would put pass rush #2 because after Judon and Yannick walk with a DL of Campbell, BW and Wolfe there won't be one.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    It's valid point. 2 or 3 need could be either imo, but 1 is OL to me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Agree, replacing Snead’s “spot” with a reasonable upgrade in the ballpark you suggest is a perfectly weighted reaction to last year. We can’t count on Boykin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's really the most tactical way to approach it. We just need a veteran outside WR that Lamar can count on to make contested plays for him the same way he can count on Andrews over the middle. Lamar has tried a few "go get it" balls with Hollywood with disastrous results (See Patriots game).

No need for a huge overaction. No need to give Golladay 18M dollars to fix an issue that can be reasonably fixed for less.

I've seen us linked to Terrace Marshall and Rashod Bateman in the 1st but I think the WR room is already too young/inexperienced as it is. They have no real veterans left once Snead departs. Think you get the WR in FA and save those high picks for OL and OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Where was the Buc's offense pre-Brady? I'll tell you where they were....18th by DVOA. You know where the Ravens were? Take a guess? Yep. Numero Uno. A #1. You know where the Ravens pass offense was ranked? Right again: Tops.
    This year the Bucs offense 3rd by DVOA, 5th in passing and this might surprise you...top 10 in rushing...up from 25th.

You know what didn't change for either in 2019-2020 for either the Ravens or the Bucs? Yup. The WRs.

They added Brady, a starting OT in the draft, Gronk (oh? a TE) and Fournette (quality back-up RB)

Lamar bounces back is our Brady. Add an starting OL. Add a TE. We're good on RBs.
    You made my point for me as the first half of my post was intentionally facetious

The Ravens defense has been top 10 (including a #1 rank) every year under Wink despite blitzing top 3 in the NFL all three years... so why does the defense need to shy away from blitz heavy and focus on only rushing 4? The stats say it's very effective as is.

It's a contradicting argument. Stating that the run heavy offense is fine because the stats/rankings say it's effective... but the blitz heavy defense isn't fine and we need to be able to only rush 4... even though the stats say it's effective

Which is it? Do the stats dictate what will win Championships or is it a nuanced subject that goes beyond stats/rankings? I'm arguing it's the latter. You can't say that the run heavy scheme is championship caliber just because of a #1 ranking and you can't say that blitzing a ton is a championship strategy just because of a #1 ranking.

Blog Entries

You made my point for me as the first half of my post was intentionally facetious.
    I didn't realize you were joking because it sounds exactly like takes your takes that i've read on the passing game.

The rest of your post isn't a response to me though.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Bucs added Antonio Brown.

9. Re: the need for a WR is a red herring

So when it comes to offense, don't follow the trends of what the best teams all had in common, don't play copycat, just double down on the running game and focus on what we already do well, don't mold after the Bucs #2 pass offense in any way shape or form, because we can win a Super Bowl running more than everyone else

But on defense.... follow the trends of what works, play copycat to the Bucs defense, focus less on what Wink's defense specializes in (blitzing), because we can't win a Super Bowl blitzing more than everyone else because it's not what the Bucs did, being different only works on offense

The arguments just never seem to line up

Why try to copy the TOM BRADY offense when what makes it work so great is TOM BRADY?

You can replace Mahomes for Brady.

When you have the best running QB, you make the best run offense that the NFL has ever seen.

Teams with Tom Brady (or Mahomes) should give those best passers the offense that makes them the best.

When it comes to defense, it isn't so clear cut. The Chiefs oline was injured and the Bucs have a good dline. That helped the Bucs win.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Why try to copy the TOM BRADY offense when what makes it work so great is TOM BRADY?

You can replace Mahomes for Brady.

When you have the best running QB, you make the best run offense that the NFL has ever seen.

Teams with Tom Brady (or Mahomes) should give those best passers the offense that makes them the best.

When it comes to defense, it isn't so clear cut. The Chiefs oline was injured and the Bucs have a good dline. That helped the Bucs win.
    What is clear about playing KC is that all that blitzing 5-6 players accomplishes is exposing your secondary.
    I remember the confusion of that Monday night game last season when one play had Judon covering Hardman. Don't think anything came of the play but that's just begging to get burned.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Bucs added Antonio Brown.
    You’re right. I forgot all about AB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Your dreaming