Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Nick Martin, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Two big L's came at the expense of poor Center QB exchange on Shotgun snaps. What does everyone feel about Castillo? Only played two games, but seemed to play OK. I am ready to move on from Skura, but Merkari, can play more positions, and could be cheap depth.
    He should be in the mix for sure

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

[QUOTE=21xxxv;2062242]Two big L's came at the expense of poor Center QB exchange on Shotgun snaps. What does everyone feel about Castillo? Only played two games, but seemed to play OK. I am ready to move on from Skura, but Merkari, can play more positions, and could be cheap depth.[

Isn’t Skura a FA.?

Two big L's came at the expense of poor Center QB exchange on Shotgun snaps. What does everyone feel about Castillo? Only played two games, but seemed to play OK. I am ready to move on from Skura, but Merkari, can play more positions, and could be cheap depth.
    Skura had consistent problems snapping the ball throughout his career. But as far as I know, the *only* game Mekari had problems with snaps was the playoff game. Those were, of course, HUGE problems in a HUGE game. But we don't really know the cause. There is no reason to suspect those snapping problems are any more than a one-off thing.

At this point, Mekari is our worst-case scenario as the starting center in 2021 -- and that's good news. The guy is a solid, decent NFL center already at this point in his career. He has nowhere to go but up. He's the floor, and him being beaten out by TCC or Bredeson, or us signing a FA or draft pick would all be potential upgrades.
    "Chin up, chest out."

4. Re: Nick Martin, anyone?

The Ravens need a GOOD Center. If Nick Martin is a GOOD Center, then I'd want him. But the Ravens definitely need a GOOD Center. The Ravens have Average or Below Average Centers. They need a GOOD one to be the starter. And they should get an NFL veteran, and be prepared to spend money. Fortunately Centers aren't quite as expensive as many other positions, so an excellent one might be available for, I dunno, less than Judon gets.

TCC was just okay but he's young and can still develop into a player. But at this point in time he's not as good as Mekari. Either way, Ravens should be in a guy like Corey Linsley, they need bolster the iOL in a big way. Especially if they intend on running the ball like they do.

Mekari is so versatile that he's the perfect depth piece, just shouldn't be a starter