Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idol Worship

Re: Idol Worship

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well....if that's how you gauge yourself, have at it. Your body, your life. For me, I'm into hiking mountain trails 21 miles at a shot w/my dogs. Love to see you try to keep up. Oh and I have a few years on you.
    Yeah cardio over muscles any damn day.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Not insinuating anything. Asking what YOU thought.

And where is the talk about Trump being racist coming from? I never said that. Maybe the article does. Full disclosure - I didn't read the entire thing. Just wanted to post a link. If you don't like the source, find something from a source you like. I'm sure there are plenty of articles out there about this event.
    The story was like 4 paragraphs. Jeezus!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Yeah cardio over muscles any damn day.
    Oh, and I can run 4 miles in under 28 minutes. Just sayin'.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Well....if that's how you gauge yourself, have at it. Your body, your life. For me, I'm into hiking mountain trails 21 miles at a shot w/my dogs. Love to see you try to keep up. Oh and I have a few years on you.
    21 miles in one shot at high altitude? Not bad. I would like to try that to gauge my fitness.

5. Re: Idol Worship

21 miles in one shot at high altitude? Not bad. I would like to try that to gauge my fitness.
    This one is 10.5 miles each way. Starts out at about 2,880 feet and climbs to about 4,350. The view at the summit is worth the effort. I'd much rather be out in nature than all cooped up any day.

Blog Entries

This one is 10.5 miles each way. Starts out at about 2,880 feet and climbs to about 4,350. The view at the summit is worth the effort. I'd much rather be out in nature than all cooped up any day.
    How long does it take to finish? And I would imagine starting out at a half mile up my lungs would be burning pretty quickly. But I'd still want to try it.

You’re altitude down there is no joke! My youngest son went to Lee’s McRea college down there in Banner Elk. Wow! Went went to Grandfather Mountain to sight see. No air up there. Lol. Beautiful country though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me, because at 56, I'm damn proud of where I am. I can run a mile in under 6 minutes, squat more than twice my weight for reps, dead lift over 400 with relative ease, bench over 250 (at 160 pounds). Want to join me?

Now to quote the inimitable Snoop, back to the lecture at hand..............
    Sounds like goals I'd be happy to reach even 26 years younger. Except on dead lift - I always think I might hurt myself so never tried going heavy. Fastest 1 mile hasnt been tried since high school but could do 4 miles in 30 minutes pretty easy (about a year ago). Used to bench 275 backwhen I wrestled at 160 but more into push ups these days.

Thankfully I'm moving into my own place very soon. No more roommates and no more excuses and the dojo is coming back... soon lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Sounds like goals I'd be happy to reach even 26 years younger. Except on dead lift - I always think I might hurt myself so never tried going heavy. Fastest 1 mile hasnt been tried since high school but could do 4 miles in 30 minutes pretty easy (about a year ago). Used to bench 275 backwhen I wrestled at 160 but more into push ups these days.

Thankfully I'm moving into my own place very soon. No more roommates and no more excuses and the dojo is coming back... soon lol
    I didn't start dead lifting until 2011, at 46 years old. Just start out very light to get the muscles trained to do it. And make sure your form is impeccable. There are a lot of articles out there to help. If you're on IG, follow Squat University. Once you get the muscle memory, the loading process goes up very quickly. Best total body exercise out there, imo.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 02-28-2021 at 12:28 PM.

10. Re: Idol Worship

How long does it take to finish? And I would imagine starting out at a half mile up my lungs would be burning pretty quickly. But I'd still want to try it.
    Most times, around 9 hours. A lot depends on how busy it is, how much I get started talking w/hikers and if I step it up a bit on the way down (love to). It gets a bit tight in some places, so people slow you down. Then people always want to talk about my dogs. I prefer going on weekdays, so I can escape some of that. I like it, but I also like to keep moving. "Lead, follow or get out of the way"....lol. If it's not busy, I think I could get down to around 8 hours, but it's hardly ever free of people and dogs. I'm never in a hurry or bother to check time, especially w/two dogs. It's more about doing it and having that experience. All this 20 minutes away. Nature's playground.

11. Re: Idol Worship

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You’re altitude down there is no joke! My youngest son went to Lee’s McRea college down there in Banner Elk. Wow! Went went to Grandfather Mountain to sight see. No air up there. Lol. Beautiful country though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that's one badass hike there. It's been years since I was there. We're talking damn near 6,000 feet there. Not for rookies....lol. Thinking of going this spring, though. Have friends from Pa. coming down and they want to go. We'll see.

12. Re: Idol Worship

Well, I guess it's a bit like your workouts and lifting. It takes awhile to acclimate. I live at around 2450 and spend lots of time around here, where it's over 3,000, so I'm used to it.