Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Without the Combine

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Tape is always important, and even moreso this year when factoring in speed. I think this will be one of the fastest timed classes ever. But there will be clock times and what the tape says. For instance, I really like Bateman. He was timed 4.37 unofficial and 4.39 official. But when I look at his tape I don't see that. I see a smooth route runner and a guy that just can really catch. But I don't see him running past defenders and getting massive separation on a go route for instance, like Cheetah, which is what that kind of time would suggest.
    Wow, 4.37/4.39.....no slight against Bateman...but i'm really surprised the league office isn't sending out some sort of pro-day standardization team to these prodays
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

2. Re: Without the Combine

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Tape is always important, and even moreso this year when factoring in speed. I think this will be one of the fastest timed classes ever. But there will be clock times and what the tape says. For instance, I really like Bateman. He was timed 4.37 unofficial and 4.39 official. But when I look at his tape I don't see that. I see a smooth route runner and a guy that just can really catch. But I don't see him running past defenders and getting massive separation on a go route for instance, like Cheetah, which is what that kind of time would suggest.
    Where are you getting those numbers from?

The Minnesota pro day is in about a month. That's probably where you'll get the Minnesota pro day numbers from.

It's generally known or believed that Pro Day numbers are 0.07 faster than Combine numbers.

Quite often, the best players, the ones invited to the combine, run and do everything else at the combine, and don't redo the 40 if they were happy with the 40 time at the combine. There's always that risk that they don't outperform at the pro day.

But, overall, if you had all of the combine 40 runners also run at their pro days, you'd find the set of pro day 40s to be 0.07 faster.

This year all of them will be running pro day 40s, collectively, 0.07 faster than they would've at the combine. A 4.38 pro day number for Bateman = a 4.45 40 at the combine. But I don't think that there have been any pro days yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    And pretty much every player looks great at a pro day.

There are so many top players who either opted out in 2020 or played limited time or strange schedules. Then you have no Combine or visits. It's going to be decisions based on old tape and zoom interviews. We're going to get a lot of wrong picks in this draft. There is just no way around it.
    Or there could be a lot of great picks because teams are going off tape instead of a single workout in shorts. Should be an interesting study afterwards.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I wonder if the small guys will get a chanced this year. There were some gems every year at the combine but how do they find them this year?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I feel like this will produce a better draft, ultimately. It will be about the tape and interviews. No underwear highlights. Can you play, or not? Do you have skills? Or, were you just a guy that dominated college because of your physical talent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I feel like this will produce a better draft, ultimately. It will be about the tape and interviews. No underwear highlights. Can you play, or not? Do you have skills? Or, were you just a guy that dominated college because of your physical talent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    those pro days can be a little misleading where as the combine leveled things out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: Without the Combine

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Where are you getting those numbers from?

The Minnesota pro day is in about a month. That's probably where you'll get the Minnesota pro day numbers from.

It's generally known or believed that Pro Day numbers are 0.07 faster than Combine numbers.

Quite often, the best players, the ones invited to the combine, run and do everything else at the combine, and don't redo the 40 if they were happy with the 40 time at the combine. There's always that risk that they don't outperform at the pro day.

But, overall, if you had all of the combine 40 runners also run at their pro days, you'd find the set of pro day 40s to be 0.07 faster.

This year all of them will be running pro day 40s, collectively, 0.07 faster than they would've at the combine. A 4.38 pro day number for Bateman = a 4.45 40 at the combine. But I don't think that there have been any pro days yet.
    https://saturdaytradition.com/minnes...-exos-combine/

And if I'm a slimy agent I'd tell him to not run on his pro day and stand on this time. I wouldn't be surprised that is exactly what happens.