Blog Entries

OT: Kobe Bryant Logo Change

Admittedly, I live under a rock most days, but I keep reading about this petition for a logo change. Who on earth, thinks that it is a good idea to change the logo to a guy who settled with a victim in a sexual assault case? That has to be one of the most tone-deaf, five steps backward ideas ever presented to the NBA. Thankfully, I read that the NBA has no actual interest in this, because they have common sense.

Look, I was all for letting those children grieve their father without all of that scrutiny. The man is in the grave now. It's more than fair game now. This is a part of his legacy. A horrible part of his legacy. Fitting with a horrible idea.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Kobe Bryant Logo Change

If anything, the logo should be the Jordan game winner against the Jazz in the '98 Finals.

Never was a big Kobe fan, although he was a good player in own right. Just thought he went a little overboard with the Jordan impersonation.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

It doesn't sound like it's going to happen anyway. The NBA claims the existing logo is not any particular player even though everyone says it's Jerry West

Blog Entries

the petition is part of the coping / grieving process. I don't expect it to go anywhere

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Whoa OP you can’t blame Kobe for that dumb b!tch who accused him of sexual assault..she knew what was going to happen by going up to his hotel room...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Whoa OP you can’t blame Kobe for that dumb b!tch who accused him of sexual assault..she knew what was going to happen by going up to his hotel room...
    Lord have mercy.....

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It doesn't sound like it's going to happen anyway. The NBA claims the existing logo is not any particular player even though everyone says it's Jerry West
    And it's for a very specific reason by the NBA because if it is legally determined to be West's likeness, the NBA would have to pay royalties to West. Even if the NBA logo got changed, the league would never admit that yes we used Kobe's likeness. At best the NBA would say Kobe inspired the new logo.

I don't see this going anywhere.

Glad it wasn’t your, doughtier, sister or mother

Who denies that it's Jerry West?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yeh I always thought that it was West

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The league denied that it was a specific person. If we have learned anything from street name sand statues it is you should not name things after real people.

Why not Elgin Baylor?