Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: War Mongers Gonna War Monger

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I mean as president you could easily deschedule weed, but he hasn't done it yet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The problem is half measures. I'll give an example. The current social security net is craziness and a lot of foolishness. There are way too many loopholes and a lot of people need to be employed to do it.

Why not just go all the way with UBI? It helps more people. It impacts local communities way more and you significantly trim the amount of people needed to get it done.

Same with Universal Healthcare. The ACA helps people but it is a mess. M4A saves trillions of dollars in the long run (https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...ll-saves-money) and everyone gets the help needed. I believe it's close to consensus that m4a would save money.

Also the ACA does come from the heritage foundation. Individual mandate and all: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=7746e7db6187

I dislike UBI.
    A better way would be for local governments to provide 16/24/32 hours a week work to anyone who wants it. There is always not enough money to get things fixed or cleaned. Local governments know what they need doing better than some Fed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    There has never been a govt system that saves money. This per the link and always is based on escalating taxation on the populace to recover the losses.

There is zero incentive for fed systems to save money.

I'm still surprised this is a new message to some.
    Government agencies have budgets, and at the end of the year, any money not spent is never turned back in or that agency might run the risk of their budget being lowered the following year. Some of it was given out to the higher ranking employees as year end bonuses. One year, at my agency, I was given access to some databases for my job. I happened to wander across a list of those bonuses. It was quite an eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    There has never been a govt system that saves money. This per the link and always is based on escalating taxation on the populace to recover the losses.

There is zero incentive for fed systems to save money.

I'm still surprised this is a new message to some.
    Norway Invested in their own Oil industry. Now, they have all the money they need to run the country.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I dislike UBI.
    A better way would be for local governments to provide 16/24/32 hours a week work to anyone who wants it. There is always not enough money to get things fixed or cleaned. Local governments know what they need doing better than some Fed.
    I agree with a federal jobs guarantee as well. I think both can be done. We have so much infrastructure work that needs to be done.

I agree with a federal jobs guarantee as well. I think both can be done. We have so much infrastructure work that needs to be done.

Where is the salary to pay for all these extra jobs going to come from? Are these extra jobs turning a profit? If not is it a good business model? Infrastructure work should be bidded on.

As if the random joe off the street is going to have the skills necessary to build infrastructure.
    These are all pie in the sky ideas thst wont work in real life