J.O. and our capspace

if he retires, do we instantly have 6 million more dollars to work with under the cap? and if so, wtf ? shouldnt we be pressing him for a answer?

Re: J.O. and our capspace

I believe the answer to part one of that question is no.

The second part is a bit more complicated. Yes, I would love J.O to make a decision ASAP. But to be honest, after all he's given. What he's put his body through, I think he has earned the right to take his time.

:haggis

Without looking around for the numbers, suffice it to say that it makes ZERO sense for anything to be done with JO's contract until after June 1st, which also happens to be after the draft, therefore, I see no reason for a decision to be made public before then. The recent "paucut" is a fairly obvious precursor I would imagine, thogh Rolle coming off an injury marred season apparentlu took an outright paycut.

BTW, who was the donkey in here(or was it there?) the other day complaining we never have players restructure? We've had TWO players THIS OFFSEASON do restructures that are better then simple restructures to go along with Heap's simple restructure, all to retain Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Without looking around for the numbers, suffice it to say that it makes ZERO sense for anything to be done with JO's contract until after June 1st, which also happens to be after the draft, therefore, I see no reason for a decision to be made public before then. The recent "paucut" is a fairly obvious precursor I would imagine, thogh Rolle coming off an injury marred season apparentlu took an outright paycut.

BTW, who was the donkey in here(or was it there?) the other day complaining we never have players restructure? We've had TWO players THIS OFFSEASON do restructures that are better then simple restructures to go along with Heap's simple restructure, all to retain Suggs.
    A paycut in cap space but not a pay cut in real terms. I believe his salary was converted to incentives based on PT and from his playing time this year it'll be down as NLTBE incentives (Not Likely to be Earned, or whatever they're called) in all likelihood, which doesn't count against this year's cap but if he does get the PT, he'll get his money and that bonus will then be charged to reduce our cap space in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    A paycut in cap space but not a pay cut in real terms. I believe his salary was converted to incentives based on PT and from his playing time this year it'll be down as NLTBE incentives (Not Likely to be Earned, or whatever they're called) in all likelihood, which doesn't count against this year's cap but if he does get the PT, he'll get his money and that bonus will then be charged to reduce our cap space in 2009.
    Actually, based on the NFLPA records I've seen, it looks like it was a true paycut. No LTBE or NLTBE incentives were listed.

There are certainly no LTBE because they would count against this year's cap number, and his listed cap number ($4.1M) only reflected his new base salary ($1.4M), the pro-rata share of his signing bonus ($2.2M) and the $500K roster bonus he received as part of his restructure.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap