Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 1.5 Trillion Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Free college is a terrible idea.

You want free college? Join the military. Earn free college.
    This is what Culex said VLad And I agreed with him. It's such a shame your actions are so far right that you get triggered by certain words without reading and then blame the left for doing the same thing. This shows you how screwed up BOTH sides are

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Free college is a terrible idea.

You want free college? Join the military. Earn free college.
    Not sure if I have ever agreed more vehemently with you!

I can be persuaded towards funding trade schools and possibly even Community College programs at the state level however. As a matter of fact, I don’t need to be persuaded on trade schools, they should be paid with super easy to qualify loans that disappear upon achieving certain levels of success and graduation in a set time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    What im saying is if you want free college join the military it's basically free for us. You earn that free college if you saw what he said. You didn't read you just sniped and that's sad

I don't think that he was disagreeing with you, moreso just adding onto the sentiment.

I don't think that he was disagreeing with you, moreso just adding onto the sentiment.
    Didn't seem that way to me

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Didn't seem that way to me

Yeah. Mr Vlad def didn’t “read” your whole post. He picked up on key words and went on his usual tirade. Happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yeah. Mr Vlad def didn’t “read” your whole post. He picked up on key words and went on his usual tirade. Happens a lot.

It sucks but as I also said BOTH sides do this

It used to be that we were honest enough as a society to accept that not everyone is college material. Some people have the IQ for it... some not. Some are more interested in trades. Some Not. Some are autistic or have ADD... Some not.

Today we ignore all of this, and blame differences in outcome solely on "access to education".

And this is of course nonsense.

And so to fix it... we have more and more people clamoring for "free college"... as if this were going to have any impact at all, on the relative cognitive ability of the people attending that college.

College doesn't make people smarter. It provides them access to information relevant to potential careers. And precious little else of value. Mostly college is just a way of bilking money out of people who are artificially limited in career choice by arbitrary requirements for a piece of paper.

But if EVERYONE has the same piece of paper, it no longer has any value to potential employers.. or to the holders of the degrees.

Key words?

All iceman said was "totally agree with this" lol

Key words?

All iceman said was "totally agree with this" lol
    In response to your post. Yes. The general idea is all Vlad read was ..”free college.”

In response to your post. Yes. The general idea is all Vlad read was ..”free college.”

I don't think vlad was disagreeing with me about it though based on his post. Everything he pointed out was why free college is not good

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    It used to be that we were honest enough as a society to accept that not everyone is college material. Some people have the IQ for it... some not. Some are more interested in trades. Some Not. Some are autistic or have ADD... Some not.

Today we ignore all of this, and blame differences in outcome solely on "access to education".

And this is of course nonsense.

And so to fix it... we have more and more people clamoring for "free college"... as if this were going to have any impact at all, on the relative cognitive ability of the people attending that college.

College doesn't make people smarter. It provides them access to information relevant to potential careers. And precious little else of value. Mostly college is just a way of bilking money out of people who are artificially limited in career choice by arbitrary requirements for a piece of paper.

But if EVERYONE has the same piece of paper, it no longer has any value to potential employers.. or to the holders of the degrees.
    Facts

I don't think vlad was disagreeing with me about it though based on his post. Everything he pointed out was why free college is not good
    He brought up things that were not relevant to what you or I said he was arguing