Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    You sure lowered Vlad's threshold by a lot.
    The point is ...”doom and gloom “ was the battle cry of the Left down here according to some. Now the enchanted slipper is on the other foot. Now the “chosen right “ are crying doom. If the stock goes down a barrel ...pump prices follow. It’s about a 2 month lag behind from Wall St to pump price. $2.68 a barrel prob equals $.50 or more at the pump.

So $.12 now plus the $.50 in Mayish? Almost back to $2 a gallon. At the start of Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    UTI stock dropped $2.62 a barrel Thursday. US reserve is up. Production is up higher than the slight uptic in demand. Plus ....most of Europe is threatening to shut down since their ‘Rona is blowing up again. All factors that lead to lower prices here. Not saying prices will drop to less than $2 again just not gonna hit $5 like the hand wringers forecasted.

As more vaccines role out and people go back to work ...oil workers do also. Big oil is gonna squeeze us for every penny , but they’re gonna up production to sell to Europe if they’re locked down and can’t work

And the oil reserve is up becuz of who? If it goes over 3 dollars a gallon which never happened under TRump are we allowed to blame Biden and his policies for this?

The point is ...”doom and gloom “ was the battle cry of the Left down here according to some. Now the enchanted slipper is on the other foot. Now the “chosen right “ are crying doom. If the stock goes down a barrel ...pump prices follow. It’s about a 2 month lag behind from Wall St to pump price. $2.68 a barrel prob equals $.50 or more at the pump.

So $.12 now plus the $.50 in Mayish? Almost back to $2 a gallon. At the start of Summer.

I've seen prices go up within 2 days of a barrel price jump. You going by 2 months? It was lower in January by a lot.

You sure lowered Vlad's threshold by a lot.
    What does this mean?

It is a good thing that you have a union pension. Because you don’t have any understanding of economics and markets.

As for doom and gloom. The libs have a lock on that. Conservatives are just using common sense. You bash oil, you kill oil jobs, you shut down an oil pipeline, you will see oil prices increase. Add that to the rhetoric left has been saying for 50 years. The combustion engine is evil, oil is evil , we have to bow down to Arab and European countries, the world is coming to an end if we don’t stop using arysol hair spray. It isn’t hard to predict gas prices would increase.

The right wants lower gas prices by increases supply. The left wants higher gas prices to reduce demand. Why on earth would dem politicians want gas prices to go down close to $2 again.

I've seen prices go up within 2 days of a barrel price jump. You going by 2 months? It was lower in January by a lot.
    Absolutely I’ve seen pump prices go UP within days of Barrel jumps. Down takes longer. Always does. Big OIL DOESNT WANNA GIVE BACK MONEY!

And the oil reserve is up becuz of who? If it goes over 3 dollars a gallon which never happened under TRump are we allowed to blame Biden and his policies for this?
    I’m gonna say the reserve is up due to more production here and because of lord people going back to work. I’m not giving any credit to Biden for it if that’s what you’re getting at.

As far as blaming Biden and praising Trump ...here’s the deal ...shit doesn’t happen overnight. A pandemic landed on Trump at the end of his run. Bad deal for him and everyone. Sleepy Joe took over mid stride after it started to turn for the better under Trump. If things go well Biden will get credit. If things go poorly Biden should get the blame. At this point Trump is a non-factor.

It’s like the economy under Trump. Yes his policies drove it higher , but it was headed up when he came in. BHO inherited a recession and turned it around ( slightly ) and Trump took it and made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It is a good thing that you have a union pension. Because you don’t have any understanding of economics and markets.

As for doom and gloom. The libs have a lock on that. Conservatives are just using common sense. You bash oil, you kill oil jobs, you shut down an oil pipeline, you will see oil prices increase. Add that to the rhetoric left has been saying for 50 years. The combustion engine is evil, oil is evil , we have to bow down to Arab and European countries, the world is coming to an end if we don’t stop using arysol hair spray. It isn’t hard to predict gas prices would increase.

The right wants lower gas prices by increases supply. The left wants higher gas prices to reduce demand. Why on earth would dem politicians want gas prices to go down close to $2 again.
    You do realize that North America has more oil deposits than anywhere on Earth? If we stopped trying to “run the Middle East” we’d have more oil than anyone could use. But BOTH parties are ruled by Greed! And that will never change. Big Oil is solidly Republican my man. Just ask the Bush’s and the Chaney’s. They’d drill for oil on the White House lawn if we let them.

You do know that 3/4 of the Keystone is open and operating right? The line Joe stopped was a “high speed bypass” line that was and is still not necessary. Why risk ruining drinking water for Natives for a line that’s not needed?

Since the US is now a net oil exporter, I don't think the right is interested in low prices. Although they would never admit to this. Keeping the oil industry humming is good for the economy.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

What does this mean?
    You said by the end of the year. Lax said the beginning of summer.

Absolutely I’ve seen pump prices go UP within days of Barrel jumps. Down takes longer. Always does. Big OIL DOESNT WANNA GIVE BACK MONEY!

You the biggest damn deflector out there. By your genius the 68 dollar a barrel oil in March than the 50 dollar a barrel oil in January means we're gonna be close to 2 dollars a gallon gas in May. You can't make this shit up lol.