Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I used to do that with my old Trojan 30' which had a 100 gallon gas capacity. My current one holds 700 gallons so lugging fuel is far more trouble than it's worth. I bought diesel all year at marinas for $1.89/gal. That was not bad.
    That’s great. That’s cheaper than I was getting for my truck on land! Lol. Again. Just a thought. I have a 200 gal cube because my farm tractor and my generator are diesel also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would imagine that there are limitations on that as well. I seriously doubt a family pulling in $150K a year is going to get much of anything.
    Yes. Limit is 150K on the new stimulus bill. Don’t know on the child tax credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    You seem to not understand either they literally people off due to covid rules,and rehired due to the rules im taking this from friends that work in the oilfields here in Texas. Just line the airlines industry was the same they were giving people leave of absence and early retirement due to covid

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    The price of gas is determined by the supply and demand. The oil industry is hiring people back because they need them to meet demand by increasing supply. As supply goes down and demand goes up they hire people to meet the new demand at the higher price. They aren't raising prices because they are hiring people. They are hiring because prices are going up.

You have the relationship backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would imagine that there are limitations on that as well. I seriously doubt a family pulling in $150K a year is going to get much of anything.
    75k per person (150k) per household is the cutoff for needy vs elite. If your household makes less than 150k, you will get lots of handouts. If you make more, you will be taxed out the wazoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The economy stated to recover last June. Gas prices have been stable until election dat. That is the point they started to climb slightly. Then the end of January they started this new sharp increase. There has been little change in the economy since the beginning of the year. You are making excuses for an administrator that wants to eliminate the combustion engine and drive oil/ gas prices up
    You are making excuses for Russia and Saudi Arabia who cut oil production last year, as demand was low.
    Now demand has gone up, they haven’t increased production.

But go on, keep the focus of Russian & Saudi production changes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    You are making excuses for Russia and Saudi Arabia who cut oil production last year, as demand was low.
    Now demand has gone up, they haven’t increased production.

But go on, keep the focus of Russian & Saudi production changes.
    All the more reason for the US to be energy independent which we were under Trump. Who gave a shit what Russia and Saudi did with their production and prices.

Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    All the more reason for the US to be energy independent which we were under Trump. Who gave a shit what Russia and Saudi did with their production and prices.
    Oil was exported prior to Covid. That is awesome.
    It’s a shame that no one is going to clean up the abandoned oil wells near my second cousins ranch.... Government will need to pay to fix that.... which is the price we pay for cheap oil.

75k per person (150k) per household is the cutoff for needy vs elite. If your household makes less than 150k, you will get lots of handouts. If you make more, you will be taxed out the wazoooo
    But what if your agi is over 150 but taxable income is under?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    But what if your agi is over 150 but taxable income is under?

How can that be. Your AGI is after deductions/credits. How does your AGI go up

How can that be. Your AGI is after deductions/credits. How does your AGI go up
    Nope AGI is before your standard or itemized deductions

Taxable income is a layman's term that refers to your adjusted gross income (AGI) less any itemized deductions you're entitled to claim or your standard deduction. You're not permitted to both itemize deductions and claim the standard deduction. ... The result is your taxable income.Jan 1, 202

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...taxable-income

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Nope AGI is before your standard or itemized deductions

Taxable income is a layman's term that refers to your adjusted gross income (AGI) less any itemized deductions you're entitled to claim or your standard deduction. You're not permitted to both itemize deductions and claim the standard deduction. ... The result is your taxable income.Jan 1, 202

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...taxable-income
    Tough to have your itemized deductions be higher than the standard deduction of $24,800 for a Married filing jointly couple, especially when mortgage interest rates are so low these days. It makes doing your taxes a whole lot easier taking the standard deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Tough to have your itemized deductions be higher than the standard deduction of $24,800 for a Married filing jointly couple, especially when mortgage interest rates are so low these days. It makes doing your taxes a whole lot easier taking the standard deduction.
    Eh. Donate 10% of your income + mortgage interest at the start of a loan will get you there, at least with the aa housing prices. We did refi this year, so we'll see what happens this year with lower interest.