Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Gas price actually started going up before Biden came in office due to the rehiring of people like i said I have had family and friends directly effected by that working for the oilfields here in West Texas. As soon as the rehiring started prices started going up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    You don't understand economics. They are rehiring because demand is up and they are increasing production, SEE SUPPLY, which would tend to keep the price from rising (or rising as much).

Gas prices don't bother me now that me and my wife work from home and don't drive as much anymore. I think I get gas twice a month at this point.

What will be mildly irritating is when I fill up the boat and it's $1000 for diesel vs. $600 it was last year.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You don't understand economics. They are rehiring because demand is up and they are increasing production, SEE SUPPLY, which would tend to keep the price from rising (or rising as much).
    You seem to not understand either they literally people off due to covid rules,and rehired due to the rules im taking this from friends that work in the oilfields here in Texas. Just line the airlines industry was the same they were giving people leave of absence and early retirement due to covid

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The economy is recovery. Gas usage is going up. Price goes up. price will come down again when more wells reopen.
    The economy stated to recover last June. Gas prices have been stable until election dat. That is the point they started to climb slightly. Then the end of January they started this new sharp increase. There has been little change in the economy since the beginning of the year. You are making excuses for an administrator that wants to eliminate the combustion engine and drive oil/ gas prices up

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    How’s it $14000? What numbers are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First stimulus in January was 1200 per adult and 600 per kid
    March stimulus is 1400 for all
    The new child credit is $300 per month ( this is what they want to make permanent)

“ The new plan would also enable families to receive the child tax credit payments monthly. Starting in July, they could receive up to $300 per month for children up to age 6 and $250 per month for children 6 through 17.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/how-...id-relief.html

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Gas prices don't bother me now that me and my wife work from home and don't drive as much anymore. I think I get gas twice a month at this point.

What will be mildly irritating is when I fill up the boat and it's $1000 for diesel vs. $600 it was last year.

There are going to be a lot of people selling boats this year. Fuel prices are up. My Marino’s is up .75 per gallon from last summer

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The new child credit is $300 per month ( this is what they want to make permanent)

“ The new plan would also enable families to receive the child tax credit payments monthly. Starting in July, they could receive up to $300 per month for children up to age 6 and $250 per month for children 6 through 17.”

The Trump stimulus in Jan was $600 per adult and $600 per child.

So let’s see. Family of 4 making under $150K gets ...

$600x4= $2400
    $1400x4= $5600
    Child tax credit x 2 = $7200

Ok. Fair enough. I didn’t add in the Trump stimulus. This potentially adds up to $15,200. Depending on age of children.

Well played Sir.

There are going to be a lot of people selling boats this year. Fuel prices are up. My Marino’s is up .75 per gallon from last summer
    Not that it fixes things ...but for guys with diesel boats like Camden ...maybe buy a fuel cell and get fuel on land and pump it yourself? I don’t have a huge boat ( 28’) and it’s a gasser but I pull it in spring and whenever I’m taking a long day/trip and put street gas in it. Marina gas is always $.75 to a dollar more. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I'm over in the western part and probably not on your way down, but it has already gone up a bit. Not sure how the prices are over on the eastern side of the state. Saw it for $2.69 here yesterday. Gas in South Carolina is cheaper than North Carolina, by the way. Much lower taxes, for one. You might want to fill up there, if you can. What part of Fla.?
    My parents are in cape Coral. So Gulf Coast near Ft Myers. Apparently we're also going to Orlando for a weekend to meet my sister and her husband and step daughter for the latter's 21st birthday.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

$600x4= $2400
    $1400x4= $5600

Ok. Fair enough. I didn’t add in the Trump stimulus. This potentially adds up to $15,200. Depending on age of children.

Well played Sir.

Tax credit was already there though. The monthly payment only makes a difference if it would be refundable for you, assuming you already had your w-4 filled out correctly.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

$600x4= $2400
    $1400x4= $5600

Well played Sir.

I would imagine that there are limitations on that as well. I seriously doubt a family pulling in $150K a year is going to get much of anything.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not that it fixes things ...but for guys with diesel boats like Camden ...maybe buy a fuel cell and get fuel on land and pump it yourself? I don’t have a huge boat ( 28’) and it’s a gasser but I pull it in spring and whenever I’m taking a long day/trip and put street gas in it. Marina gas is always $.75 to a dollar more. Just a thought.

I used to do that with my old Trojan 30' which had a 100 gallon gas capacity. My current one holds 700 gallons so lugging fuel is far more trouble than it's worth. I bought diesel all year at marinas for $1.89/gal. That was not bad.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012