Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

1. Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    $3.05 in PA yesterday.
    $2.59 down this way. I filled up yesterday for $2.39/gal w/my grocery store points.

Blog Entries

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    $2.59 down this way. I filled up yesterday for $2.39/gal w/my grocery store points.
    Just went up another 6 cents here. Up to $2.75 a gallon. Hasn't Texas thawed yet?

Here's charts over the past year/years. Notice the average price of gas starting to rise right after election day. Coincidence? Doubt it.
    https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Here are some other interesting tidbits. Orange man = renewable energy.
    Texas and Florida had large small-scale solar capacity increases in 2020
    The United States installed more wind turbine capacity in 2020 than in any other year
    Annual U.S. natural gas production decreased by 1% in 2020
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/ar...php?my=Mar2021

It's now $3.12 in PA. Got gas in MD for $2.79.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Just went up another 6 cents here. Up to $2.75 a gallon. Hasn't Texas thawed yet?

Here's charts over the past year/years. Notice the average price of gas starting to rise right after election day. Coincidence? Doubt it.
    https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Here are some other interesting tidbits. Orange man = renewable energy.
    Texas and Florida had large small-scale solar capacity increases in 2020
    The United States installed more wind turbine capacity in 2020 than in any other year
    Annual U.S. natural gas production decreased by 1% in 2020
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/ar...php?my=Mar2021
    Could it be possible that the savings achieved by cheap gas paradoxically make it easier to simultaneously stand up energy alternatives? fit your house with solar? Afford and electric vehicle? .... Or should we unnecessarily drive up the cost of the one thing everyone relies on thus making us all poorer and driving inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    It's now $3.12 in PA. Got gas in MD for $2.79.
    Holy crap that isn’t good.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    We're driving down to FL in a week or so, so hope you guys stay affordable!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

7. Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    We're driving down to FL in a week or so, so hope you guys stay affordable!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I'm over in the western part and probably not on your way down, but it has already gone up a bit. Not sure how the prices are over on the eastern side of the state. Saw it for $2.69 here yesterday. Gas in South Carolina is cheaper than North Carolina, by the way. Much lower taxes, for one. You might want to fill up there, if you can. What part of Fla.?

2.69 yesterday. 2.84 today

People don’t care anymore. The left just passed a 1.9 trillion dollar giveaway. A family of 4 will be getting $14,000 this year in gov handouts. And the left wants to make them permanent. Just 18 months ago, we thought yang was crazy. Now it is the norm.

Gas prices will be $5 by the end of the year. Anyone making more than 75k is going to be gouged in taxes. The left has already set the bar. 75k is poverty, over 80k is elite. Middle class is done.

Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

People don’t care anymore. The left just passed a 1.9 trillion dollar giveaway. A family of 4 will be getting $14,000 this year in gov handouts. And the left wants to make them permanent. Just 18 months ago, we thought yang was crazy. Now it is the norm.

Gas prices will be $5 by the end of the year. Anyone making more than 75k is going to be gouged in taxes. The left has already set the bar. 75k is poverty, over 80k is elite. Middle class is done.
    The economy is recovery. Gas usage is going up. Price goes up. price will come down again when more wells reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

How’s it $14000? What numbers are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The economy is recovery. Gas usage is going up. Price goes up. price will come down again when more wells reopen.
    Yup. Oil production is also still down. OPEC and Russia have stuck to the production cuts they put in late last year and inventories are now drawn down with greater global demand. It's oil prices that are driving up the gasoline prices and not regulation.

I would encourage investors to pick your favorite energy stock and add it to your portfolio. I bought SLB, Schlumbeger, last September and am fully hedged against any increase in gas or heating oil.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The price of gasoline has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand.