Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The price of gasoline has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand.
    You gotta be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    The gas price drop ,was due to covid and layoffs in the oilfields. Now that it's getting better the oilfields rehiring. I have plenty of friends in west Texas that were laid off in the oilfields out here in West Texas. They have been hired back and increased productivity.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    The gas price drop was strictly due to covid with less travel/demand. So you're saying gas prices are going up becuz of increased productivity? I'm stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    The gas price drop was strictly due to covid with less travel/demand. So you're saying gas prices are going up becuz of increased productivity? I'm stunned.
    I'm saying it's not the Presidency that's driving this as both the left and right constituents not politicians like to claim.

Also the companies couldn't pay their employees so they were laying them off.

I'm saying it's not the Presidency that's driving this as both the left and right constituents not politicians like to claim.

Gas prices are up 30% since Biden took over. According to Biden, we are in the middle of the “dark winter”. Those scary words are meant to imply this is the worst part of covid. If that is the case, travel and production are down vs summer/fall when numbers were lower.

Gas prices are up for two main reasons. Biden policy. The day he slashed the pipeline, is the day prices started to increase. The Texas cold weather has a minor impact on prices, but it is the second biggest issue impacting prices now

Never once in Trump's presidency was gas over 3$ a gallon. In 2 months it could happen under Biden. 1st day signing EO's ending future fracking and drilling sites and if we become an importer rather than an exporter I guess it won't be anything Biden did.

$3.05 in PA yesterday.

You gotta be kidding.
    I chose to take that as sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Gas prices are up 30% since Biden took over. According to Biden, we are in the middle of the “dark winter”. Those scary words are meant to imply this is the worst part of covid. If that is the case, travel and production are down vs summer/fall when numbers were lower.

Gas prices are up for two main reasons. Biden policy. The day he slashed the pipeline, is the day prices started to increase. The Texas cold weather has a minor impact on prices, but it is the second biggest issue impacting prices now
    Because he's coming when Covid started getting better and they started rehiring that's why the prices have gone up seen it here in West Texas where they depend on oil

Last edited by iceman43; 02-26-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Because he's coming when Covid started getting better and they started rehiring that's why the prices have gone up seen it here in West Texas where they depend on oil

So shutting down the pipeline, stopping fracking leases, trying to get back in the paris accords had no effect of the prices???? It didn’t scare the shit out of the marketplace? Biden has basically said his administration is gonna increae regulation on oul and gas in order to push alternative fuels. But in your mind this doesn’t negatively impact the market

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So shutting down the pipeline, stopping fracking leases, trying to get back in the paris accords had no effect of the prices???? It didn’t scare the shit out of the marketplace? Biden has basically said his administration is gonna increae regulation on oul and gas in order to push alternative fuels. But in your mind this doesn’t negatively impact the market
    Gas price actually started going up before Biden came in office due to the rehiring of people like i said I have had family and friends directly effected by that working for the oilfields here in West Texas. As soon as the rehiring started prices started going up

Gas price actually started going up before Biden came in office due to the rehiring of people like i said I have had family and friends directly effected by that working for the oilfields here in West Texas. As soon as the rehiring started prices started going up

Its simple supply & demand. Production was cut due to the glut of oil on the market. Now that people are driving more the demand has increased but not the production. Give it some time to get an increase in production. Right now oil companies are getting back their losses on cheap oil sold during the shutdown.

The price also going to increase some more with the summer blend coming to market.