Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Just curious. What was your issue with Dubya? And what did you think of GHWB?
    W was a boring president, basically Nixon-lite. The Gulf war, and clearly riding on RRs coattails was all history will know of HW.

FDR pushed for anything and everything and it likely extended the GD by 7 years. Without Japan attacking PH I think history looks at him far worse, but then again those who praise him tend to like the expansion of centralized power.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    W was a boring president, basically Nixon-lite. The Gulf war, and clearly riding on RRs coattails was all history will know of HW.

FDR pushed for anything and everything and it likely extended the GD by 7 years. Without Japan attacking PH I think history looks at him far worse, but then again those who praise him tend to like the expansion of centralized power.
    I meant the son, not the father. I liked GHWB better than I liked Dubya, who had the benefit of a Karl Rove - led PR machine. I thought his father was a much better leader.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Joe Biden's math lesson for the day on video. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...illion-dollars

Blog Entries

Generalization on your part. I thought FDR was what the country needed at the time. I do like the Federal Highway System, Social Security and other parts of the New Deal. I did not like the expansion of the centralized power though.

Generalization on your part. I thought FDR was what the country needed at the time. I do like the Federal Highway System, Social Security and other parts of the New Deal. I did not like the expansion of the centralized power though.
    Tend to indicates a generalization, does it not?

Social Security has proven to be an abysmal failure that hurts all nearly Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe Colonial paid the randsom to the hackers.

Our demented weakling puppet of an illegitimate president scores another victory on his quest for worst president of all time.

So you like things that caused centralized power, but dont like centralized power?

IKE did the federal highway system.

SS is also a massive failure imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So you like things that caused centralized power, but dont like centralized power?
    Some things need to be managed at the federal level, other things need to be managed at the state level. There's no way an interstate highway system would have materialized without the intervention of the federal government. So yes. I do like that.

Blog Entries

IKE did the federal highway system.

SS is also a massive failure imo
    Oops I thought FDR did that.

Oops I thought FDR did that.
    Ike pushed for it after seeing the efficiency of troop movements in Germany. I'd say it was a great part of why we rose to power so easily after WW2, well that and every industrialized nation needing to rebuild after the war, as we were untouched at home. Gotta wonder what it did for commerce, amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I can't believe Colonial paid the randsom to the hackers.

Our demented weakling puppet of an illegitimate president scores another victory on his quest for worst president of all time.
    All part of the grand plan to destroy this country. Ransom and payouts will be the norm until this country collapses, or elects a president that puts America first.