Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Raiders release Tyrell Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    no interest from me

Me neither... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Tyrell Williams was someone I was very interested in 2 years ago when he hit the market from the Chargers. Williams looked like the kind of player who could break out moving up to the top WR option.
    Same! I wanted him bad a couple offseasons ago.

They gave him every shot in their offense and Williams flopped. I remember hearing that he had the least yards after catch of any qualifying receiver in 2019.
    Did he "flop"? Still over 10 ypt in 2019, which is very good. Better than Darren Waller. In fact it was 7th best in the whole league. The news piece I'm looking at said he was dealing with plantar fascitis that whole season.

He missed all of this past season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. That's not the same thing as "flopped".

As a role player Williams could be good. He comes in and replaces Boykin and you now have real production at that spot.
    Not until we actually start throwing the ball to the X receiver.

Maybe the good thing about it would be, if you have a credentialed veteran at the position, with a thousand-yard season on his resume, they would be pressured to throw the ball to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Same! I wanted him bad a couple offseasons ago.

Did he "flop"? Still over 10 ypt in 2019, which is very good. Better than Darren Waller. The news piece I'm looking at said he was dealing with plantar fascitis that whole season.

He missed all of this past season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. That's not the same thing as "flopped".

Not until we actually start throwing the ball to the X receiver.

Maybe the good thing about it would be, if you have a credentialed veteran at the position, with a thousand-yard season on his resume, they would be pressured to throw the ball to him.
    They're cutting Williams after paying him a lot of money the past 2 years. That's a flop at least in the view of the Raiders. His numbers were almost identical with the Raiders to what they were with the Chargers but they were looking for a lot more.

Part of that could have been unreasonable since Tyrell was supposed to be the #2 with Antonio Brown being the #1. Brown flakes out and suddenly Tyrell is put in a very different situation than the original concept. Put Tyrell Williams with the Saints or the Cardinals or the Seahawks or the Packers who all have a true #1 and I think he'll be good. For the Ravens, I just don't see it.

Part of that could have been unreasonable since Tyrell was supposed to be the #2 with Antonio Brown being the #1. Brown flakes out and suddenly Tyrell is put in a very different situation than the original concept. Put Tyrell Williams with the Saints or the Cardinals or the Seahawks or the Packers who all have a true #1 and I think he'll be good.
    The Raiders had a #1 receiver in both 2019 and 2020. His name was Darren Waller.

Now they've also got Henry Ruggs and Hunter Renfrow. Meanwhile they were like $19M over the cap. They had to make a move.

Tyrell Williams missed all of 2020 with a shoulder injury. He played 2019 while struggling with plantar fasciitis, and still finished top ten in the NFL in yards-per-target. Concluding that he sucks seems WAY premature.

I can understand being leery of the injury history. Plantar fasciitis can be chronic (I think?). He might be a risky signing due to health issues. But he's been good when available.

They're cutting Williams after paying him a lot of money the past 2 years. That's a flop at least in the view of the Raiders. His numbers were almost identical with the Raiders to what they were with the Chargers but they were looking for a lot more.

Part of that could have been unreasonable since Tyrell was supposed to be the #2 with Antonio Brown being the #1. Brown flakes out and suddenly Tyrell is put in a very different situation than the original concept. Put Tyrell Williams with the Saints or the Cardinals or the Seahawks or the Packers who all have a true #1 and I think he'll be good. For the Ravens, I just don't see it.
    i watched those games when he was on the field for the raiders, he def flopped. its like us almost signing that dude from the skins but we got lucky the medical staff let oz off the hook

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If throwing to the X receiver is based on anything other then the X receiver being open....'you got problems'
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    If throwing to the X receiver is based on anything other then the X receiver being open – 'you got problems'
    I hear you.

But I think you'll agree that we do "got problems". Sometimes you need something to force you out of your comfort zone, to help establish new & better habits. If a FA WR will help with that, I'm all for it. Regardless of whether that should be the case or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i watched those games when he was on the field for the raiders, he def flopped.
    I didn't watch, so I'm not really wedded to an opinion on him.

But the reports are that he was playing hurt. Doesn't that make a difference? Esp since he was very efficient, statistically.

(Unless the injury something that's always going to nag and bother him; in which case, too bad for him but no thanks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    I'd rather Marvin Jones or similar in FA and an early Day 3 WR myself. Get a proven guy in FA, roll the dice in the Draft.
    I think so as well. We aren't great at drafting them and the WR room is already looking like a daycare, two top WR's left are under 25. They need a veteran presence (that isn't washed up like Dez)

Get the proven WR in FA and then you can take a flyer in the draft and address OL/OLB early

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    3rd on our team for targets by a WR was 33. 3rd WR is not a valuable position on this team and should not have a highly valued asset in its place.

If Snead is gone, replacing him with a sufficient upgrade makes sense. Spending big in FA PLUS a valuable draft pick does not.

We already have enough young WR’s trying to figure things out, I really hope we don’t spend a pick there at all unless we somehow are in range for one of the top 3 elite guys. Getting one higher end guy in FA or taking two flyers on Tyrell Williams types makes the most sense, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this sentiment. You don't want a position group that is headlined by nothing but young inexperienced WR's. Lamar needs a top guy that knows what he's doing and will bring a calming presence to the offense like Mark Ingram did at RB. Lets set those high picks in the draft aside for OL/OLB

BLAAH

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind taking a look at him. I'd rather get Rashard Higgins if we're going after cheaper guys.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.