Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Raiders release Tyrell Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    The way it's worded "up to $6.2M" would make you think the.base is quite a bit less and it's loaded with incentives.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    going to see a lot of that I think, i.e. the initial JJ Watt report

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Looks like Williams is going to the Lions on a 1 yr/6.2M deal. Let's see how he does. I wouldn't have minded him on the Ravens at that price.

https://sports.yahoo.com/detroit-lio...2.html?src=rss
    Welp. I guess they do need some weapons for Goff. We'll see if they keep Golladay

Raiders release Tyrell Williams

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Welp. I guess they do need some weapons for Goff. We'll see if they keep Golladay
    Can’t imagine they keep all three Golladay, Marvin Jones and Williams, but maybe...

Marvin Jones is probably more in our price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 03-03-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Happy he won't be the Ravens "big WR addition", this is good news for anybody hoping to shoot for Davis, Marvin, Watkins, Green

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ns/6884743002/

The Detroit Lions have one week to use the franchise tag on wide receiver Kenny Golladay, and from the sounds of it, they might push that decision up to the March 9 deadline.

"We want to make the best decision for the Lions, and sometimes those decisions take a little bit longer," general manager Brad Holmes said during a Tuesday video conference. "The great thing is we have a process in place that we believe in, that we've been firm in, and when we really start the planning stages of the process, that process can go all the way up to when you have to make the decision."Franchise tag decision on Kenny Golladay at 'forefront' for Lions

Echoing the sentiment of comments made last week by ownership adviser Chris Spielman, Holmes raved about Golladay's talent, while saying the receiver's status is at the top of front office's top priorities.

"I don't think there's any debate that Kenny has shown the ability to be a No. 1 receiver in this league, with that skill set that everybody knows that he has, that we all know that he has," Holmes said. "There's also been no debate that Kenny has been at the forefront of our mind, in terms of making sure we make the best possible decision, for not only the Lions, but for Kenny. I wish I had a more direct answer to you, to tell you exactly what we're going to do, but out of respect for the process, I'll keep that in house."

Detroit signing Williams might have good knock on effects for the Ravens.

I think this signing is about making the Lions at least functional at WR in a rebuilding/tanking year. I think it makes it much more likely that Golladay hits the market (it's about filling his big-bodied outside role). Golladay himself is out of the Ravens price range but he'll be snapped up by a team with more cap space, pushing better receivers down pecking order. Maybe someone like Davis or Juju gets closer to the Ravens range.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Detroit signing Williams might have good knock on effects for the Ravens.

I think this signing is about making the Lions at least functional at WR in a rebuilding/tanking year. I think it makes it much more likely that Golladay hits the market (it's about filling his big-bodied outside role). Golladay himself is out of the Ravens price range but he'll be snapped up by a team with more cap space, pushing better receivers down pecking order. Maybe someone like Davis or Juju gets closer to the Ravens range.
    I don't know what the fuck the Lions are doing

I hardly ever know what the fuck the Lions are doing

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Biting kneecaps for the next 6 years.

That was the most confusing coaching contract of all this year, even worse than Culley to the Texans because the lions at least had candidates who were willing to take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ns/6884743002/

The Detroit Lions have one week to use the franchise tag on wide receiver Kenny Golladay, and from the sounds of it, they might push that decision up to the March 9 deadline.

"We want to make the best decision for the Lions, and sometimes those decisions take a little bit longer," general manager Brad Holmes said during a Tuesday video conference. "The great thing is we have a process in place that we believe in, that we've been firm in, and when we really start the planning stages of the process, that process can go all the way up to when you have to make the decision."Franchise tag decision on Kenny Golladay at 'forefront' for Lions

Echoing the sentiment of comments made last week by ownership adviser Chris Spielman, Holmes raved about Golladay's talent, while saying the receiver's status is at the top of front office's top priorities.

"I don't think there's any debate that Kenny has shown the ability to be a No. 1 receiver in this league, with that skill set that everybody knows that he has, that we all know that he has," Holmes said. "There's also been no debate that Kenny has been at the forefront of our mind, in terms of making sure we make the best possible decision, for not only the Lions, but for Kenny. I wish I had a more direct answer to you, to tell you exactly what we're going to do, but out of respect for the process, I'll keep that in house."
    To me this means the Lions are gonna wait to see who gets cut before March 9th. If there are some good receivers (not great) that get let go, then they'll pursue a couple of them, and not tag Golladay. If hardly any decent receivers get cut, they'll tag Golladay, imo.

So, for the Ravens' sake, let's hope we see some surprise cuts. Especially since they prefer to sign people that don't count against compensatory picks.
    Last edited by InigoMontoya; 03-04-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Especially since they prefer to sign people that don't count against compensatory picks.
    Comp picks might be crazy next year. Maybe 20 teams will lose more FAs than they sign. We might see some big name players only earning a 5th round comp.

Blog Entries

The Lions don't know what the Lions are doing... Bc

Blog Entries

Dan Campbell kind of gives me the creeps