Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: So, uh, Matthew Judon just blackmailed Jamison Hensley

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Why did Hensley report that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He probably heard it from one of his sources and didn’t think to comb through every league rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    He probably heard it from one of his sources and didn’t think to comb through every league rule.
    Well that source is no longer trustworthy

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Well that source is no longer trustworthy

That source appears to be the real villain here. Judon should be angry at the source, not the person who reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    No body is getting charged with blackmail here.
    No, but now that ESPN's lawyers are involved I bet there's going to be a slander lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That source appears to be the real villain here. Judon should be angry at the source, not the person who reported it.
    Agreed. Im also surprised Hensley didn't know the rule

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Some people here and Judon don't understand it's possible that Hensley isn't lying at all and is just reporting what a source tells him. Either way it looks like the Ravens are leaking things that are false to drive down someone's value. Or some of you can just believe Judon's side of the story.
    The Ravens want Judon to get the biggest contract possible as a FA to maximize the comp pick. How does claiming he turned down $16.5M drive down his value? Judon has stupidly tanked his own value by picking this public fight with Hensley and acting like an immature jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Judon has stupidly tanked his own value by picking this public fight with Hensley and acting like an immature jackass.
    "Tanked his value" is a massive overstatement. If a team was interested in signing him before this incident, they still will be after.

As I said earlier, most of the pearl clutching over this matter seems to be taking place here. The reports WNC linked to, and any others I've read, are reporting it as a minor piece of off season stupidity, not a major "character" concern. When teams are looking at the character of free agents they'll consider the fact that he seems popular with team mates, that his own team used the franchise tag to keep him and that Harbaugh said he wants to re-sign him.

This may have shaved a little off his value but nowhere near enough to drop his comp pick to later round.
    Last edited by QtR Nevermore; 02-26-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Ravens want Judon to get the biggest contract possible as a FA to maximize the comp pick. How does claiming he turned down $16.5M drive down his value? Judon has stupidly tanked his own value by picking this public fight with Hensley and acting like an immature jackass.

Hmmmm I doubt he tanked his own value. There's been players that have done or said worst and still got paid. We got to relax because honestly this situation really isn't all that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    No, but now that ESPN's lawyers are involved I bet there's going to be a slander lawsuit.
    I mean Hensley should’ve done his due diligence and made sure he knew the rules of the league he covers. It’s bad journalism. But blackmailing the dude over it is too far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    If Judon was still under contract with us a lot more people would be defending him on here imo. We usually stick up for our guys even if we know they were out of line.. But I think the fact that we all know he's very likely done in Baltimore makes the fanbase feel like there's no obligation to take his side.

If it were Marcus Peters who did this for instance a lot more people on here would just say "Marcus being Marcus, he's just kidding around"

A lot of people are just kind of tired of Judon not producing and still trying to hype himself up as a premiere player...like he's too good to take anything less than a giant contract. Kind of wore out his welcome with the fanbase at this point so the gloves came off immediately.
    There’s truth to this. A lot more people than I expected, defended Peters during the spitting incident. I strongly felt it was because the felt we needed him for the playoff race.

Judon is about to become a Free Agent, and no one here is convinced of paying what the market would dictate. It’s much easier to dump on him. Not that he doesn’t also make it easier.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    To be fair, that’s a rule he should know.

Edit: I see you covered in two posts above.