Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    2020 highlights: a few deep balls, wr screens where he displays his running ability when he is not going the distance and passes along the sideline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lJH_Uwmss
    That shows him doing many more different things, than the 2019 reel did. Also answers the question of whether he's "right side only" – he's not, they used him on the left side too.

If you can't differentiate concentration drops and "bad hands" then I don't trust anything you have to say about receiver development.

Cool Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

Smith has suspect hands coming out of college (at least according to some)
    Also, they were small hands too which is a big no-no for a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    It's simple. Before even getting into the rest of the evaluation, search for keywords "concentration drops" or "suspect hands". If they show up, you cross him off the list, and you move onto the next prospect.

NEXT!
    Except that draft analysts throw those words into every WR evaluation.
    They're afraid to say a player is just good.

5. Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    We refuse to use the rookies we had this year.

I thought Duvernay would have done really well if we actually played him.

Hard to tell who will be what on this team
    After stepping back I'm looking at it as they did not play him a lot for two reasons:

1. Willie Snead already knew the offense and did not require learning.
    2. Duvernay needed to work on his routes, he had not OTA's or Mini camps so rather than put too much on him in this first year, let him have a few responsibilities but for the most part watch and learn. I think he'll be used heavily going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    On his highlight reel most of his best plays are just go routes. Almost every big catch was the same play. He will never do that consistently against NFL DBS.

He had a few catches over the middle. Obviously love his size and measureables although pretty lean weight wise do not know much about him.

One 1 play he looks mirror image of perriman, and his draft profile reads pretty similar, then on few plays he looks like a young Terrel Owens.

I would say late day 2 or day 3 selection but his highlight reel doesnt show much in the way of a route tree
    You almost have to ignore route tree prowess at the college level. Look for movement skills instead. Look for guys who move similarly to guys like Allen Robinson, Devante Adams, Dionte Johnson, Keenan Allen, etc....movement skills are a good precursor to route running ability.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    On his siz reel that I watched, there's two plays that caught my eye as different. In the one he lined up at TE, then cut outside to take sort of a screen behind the other WR. On the other he cut in and caught the ball, then spun around and ran back outside – almost like a whip route, except the outside cut came after the catch.

Nice change-of-direction on that second one.
    I noticed that too. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    If you can't differentiate concentration drops and "bad hands" then I don't trust anything you have to say about receiver development.
    btw - I think I can differentiate between the two a bit, but would love to hear a take on how real the difference between the two is.

One thing that I don't like is that he doesn't seem dominant at the catch point. There are some contested catches there, but nowhere near top-level status. He's a sensational blocker though. Has a lot of dog in him

10. Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

OK, reading stuff on FLA State boards a) he seems to have a very good work ethic (put on 10 pounds of muscle before the 2020 season b) teammate thinks from practice that he has the full route tree (good to hear but who knows, probably an exaggeration) c) had a scope job to his left knee in October and then left the team... but presumably to prepare for the draft. (so that is not a "head" problem) d) he obviously can catch with hands but is often slow to get them up in time e) even played gunner on special teams e) hands issue is being referred to as "concentration drops" which may be related to d). f) seems to be hungry to be great (but that is only based on a few comments)

So who knows. He looks like a better prospect than Valdes-Scantling and the hands issue is the only thing I see if his health checks out.

I honestly don't want a WR in the first round but I don't think he makes it to us in the 2nd. If he does I would take him.
    Oh, I thought he was a 4th rounder or later.

I'm looking at this drafttek list of WRs and he's not even on it.

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Dr...-NFL-Draft.asp

Here's his page on draftscout.com - he's the 21st best WR. Not a first rounder or a second rounder.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2021

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Oh, I thought he was a 4th rounder or later.

I'm looking at this drafttek list of WRs and he's not even on it.

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Dr...-NFL-Draft.asp

Here's his page on draftscout.com - he's the 21st best WR. Not a first rounder or a second rounder.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2021
    There are other places that list him much higher. People who claim he is the most physically talented WR in the draft. He was great in 2019 and injured in 2020 (but still good).

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    He's a sensational blocker though. Has a lot of dog in him
    Welp, there you have it. Meet our 2nd-rd pick.