Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

OK,

I mostly read this board to learn but here is a question.

I get it that we agonize over the search for a #1 receiver and that Perriman and Metcalfe both had measurables with questions and we guessed wrong. Well I watched the highlights of Tamorrion Terry and came away thinking that physically this guy looks "rare". He is 6'4" tall and has 4.4 speed that seems to more than translate onto the playing field. He is not only fast but elusive as in "If Lamar played WR he would be..."

So his tape looks better to me than Metcalfe's did but there are may be questions about his hands (is he a body-catcher) and head.

So does anyone have an opinion?

Here are some highlights from 2019.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

Blog Entries

Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

Terry is coming off a bad year. If he had just opted out he would have been in a better position going into the draft. Now he's got the rep of someone who gets banged up on top of the suspect hands. I think he could end up being a late 3rd or early 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    OK,

I get it that we agonize over the search for a #1 receiver and that Perriman and Metcalfe both had measurables with questions and we guessed wrong. Well I watched the highlights of Tamorrion Terry and came away thinking that physically this guy looks "rare". He is 6'4" tall and has 4.4 speed that seems to more than translate onto the playing field. He is not only fast but elusive as in "If Lamar played WR he would be..."

So his tape looks better to me than Metcalfe's did but there are may be questions about his hands (is he a body-catcher) and head.

I want him!

Here's a 2020 highlight reel:

— Long-legged gazellle of a player.
    — They used him once on a nifty little inside-out screen from the TE position, on one play. Suggests versatility?
    — Does he only line up on the right side?
    — Flashes a nice game at the LOS, though I'm not sure I saw anyone try to press him.
    — Has a fun little "break the tape" celebration pose when he crosses the goal line.

I never heard of him before 10 mins ago. Has talent.

Part of our issue is the offensive philosophy. Metcalf is a physical freak. He has had a huge impact in his short career in the NFL. However, he is far from a surehanded receiver. The difference is that the Seahawks offense affords him numerous chances throughout a game to make plays. If he bobbles one or is blanketed and can't make a tough catch, that's negated by the volume of looks and targets he gets. He wouldn't get that in our offense and those incompletions would be amplified here.

Seems to be a clone of Marquez Valdes-Scantling from the Packers. If we used him in the same way and can get him around the same draft position (5th round) then go for it.

7. Re: Perriman, Metcalfe, Terry

I like Terry. This man produced on some very bad FSU teams, in a power conference. He's actually on the tape list for the weekend. Chris Rumph II and Tamorrion Terry are the film study players this weekend. I'll be watching 2018 vs Miami, and 2019 vs BC; and 2019 vs UF; 2019 vs Boise State. I cannot find any 2020 film on him thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Seems to be a clone of Marquez Valdes-Scantling from the Packers. If we used him in the same way and can get him around the same draft position (5th round) then go for it.
    That's a good pro comp. I can absolutely see that

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Here's a 2020 highlight reel:

— Long-legged gazellle of a player.
    — They used him once on a nifty little inside-out screen from the TE position, on one play. Suggests versatility?
    — Does he only line up on the right side?
    — Flashes a nice game at the LOS, though I'm not sure I saw anyone try to press him.
    — Has a fun little "break the tape" celebration pose when he crosses the goal line.

I never heard of him before 10 mins ago. Has talent.
    I think this is a mixture of 2019 and 2020 - I did see some hands catches but I don't know what I am looking for well enough.

Blog Entries

I’ve seen some mocks that have him 5th or later and some like Walter football who rate him 1st or 2nd. All over the map and there’s no combine this year.

The drops issue gives me pause but otherwise solid. Fl state was a train wreck the past couple of years too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    OK,

On his highlight reel most of his best plays are just go routes. Almost every big catch was the same play. He will never do that consistently against NFL DBS.

He had a few catches over the middle. Obviously love his size and measureables although pretty lean weight wise do not know much about him.

One 1 play he looks mirror image of perriman, and his draft profile reads pretty similar, then on few plays he looks like a young Terrel Owens.

I would say late day 2 or day 3 selection but his highlight reel doesnt show much in the way of a route tree

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    On his highlight reel most of his best plays are just go routes. Almost every big catch was the same play. He will never do that consistently against NFL DBS.

He had a few catches over the middle.
    On his siz reel that I watched, there's two plays that caught my eye as different. In the one he lined up at TE, then cut outside to take sort of a screen behind the other WR. On the other he cut in and caught the ball, then spun around and ran back outside – almost like a whip route, except the outside cut came after the catch.

Nice change-of-direction on that second one.