Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

How do you feel about all these receivers coming out the woodwork talking down on the ravens?

It’s clear Dez is talking about the passing scheme.

WR’s around the league talk to each other and I’m sure it’s no secret the word is to avoid the ravens if you are a WR.

Dez’s comments kinda pissed me off considering no one even wanted him. Even after coming in out of shape during camp ravens kept their word and signed up when he got back into football shape.

Anyways what are your thoughts?

https://www.nfl.com/news/aiming-to-p...wasn-t-the-pla

Re: Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

What do I think?

I think they are all saying extremely common sense stuff...this is one of, if not the least attractive places for quality WR's who want to catch passes.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Covid year was just not normal and he certainly is respectful of the team, just not how they do things.

Good luck catching on in a year of one-year deals...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Covid year was just not normal and he certainly is respectful of the team, just not how they do things.

He was a cancer anywhere he went.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I can understand that, but why put it out to the media. Just move on. There was no benefit in my eyes to talking about how the ravens do things.

Dez’s comments kinda pissed me off considering no one even wanted him. Even after coming in out of shape during camp ravens kept their word and signed up when he got back into football shape.

Agree with this, very annoying to say the least especially with free agency so close. I think the WRs talking makes it even less likely that we go out and sign a significant free agent WR so I am not expecting anything at this point. Here's to hoping that the new WRs coaches we brought in can help with the draft and improve our WR development. Really hope the board falls well and we go with a big WR for our 1st pick

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    He was a cancer anywhere he went.
    lol that's not true in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    lol that's not true in any way, shape, or form.
    I thought he was in Dallas. Was he better with you guys? I didn’t mean for that to come off as a jab toward you guys.

I'm sure every receiver realizes this when they come to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post

Agree with this, very annoying to say the least especially with free agency so close. I think the WRs talking makes it even less likely that we go out and sign a significant free agent WR so I am not expecting anything at this point. Here's to hoping that the new WRs coaches we brought in can help with the draft and improve our WR development. Really hope the board falls well and we go with a big WR for our 1st pick
    Dez talking is not going to have any impact on how UFA WR's look at this team/offense. It's clear watching and looking at the numbers that this isn't a good offense for guys who want to catch the ball a lot.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I think Bryant's brief remarks don't reflect well on either our passing game or on him as a potential free agent target.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    I'm sure every receiver realizes this when they come to Baltimore.
    You guys just need a star WR. You guys have always had a tough tough defense over the years. That’s why you have 2 SBs since 1996 when you were born into the league. That’s pretty darn good to say the least. Defense wins championships. The Cowboys haven’t even made it to a SB since you guys merged into the league and you are tied with us with 2 SB rings since 96. The Ravens are a great franchise. The Bears just seem like they can never land a good quarterback. It seems like my team can never land a good Defensive line. It seems like every team has a position they are snakebitten in and I say that’s the WR position for the Ravens.