Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

I really wanted him to stick around and all this to be a feel good story, most probably because we wanted to draft him. Guess the reunion was way too late for both parties.

Blog Entries

I’m probably being easier on what he said, because he said what I felt. That said, by his standards, these were decent comments by Dez. He basically said the organization is top class, but the philosophy doesn’t suit WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’m probably being easier on what he said, because he said what I felt. That said, by his standards, these were decent comments by Dez. He basically said the organization is top class, but the philosophy doesn’t suit WRs.
    Upon further review I think you are right (and I was wrong).

Blog Entries

I didn't like the signing. I don't think Dez is being disrespectful but I do think he is unrealistic about what he can do at this point. He says he wants to play 2 more years. The 47 yards he got this year was the most action he's seen in almost 4 years and this wasn't because of a suspension. It's over. All the mini-camps and training camps in world aren't going to turn back the clock.

5. Re: Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

Sure have been an unusually large number of controversial tweets from Ravens today.

6. Re: Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It seems that Snead, Hollywood and Bryant are really just tweeting their feelings about being WRs in a run first system.

For the most part, all 3 of them are just having a conversation, a discussion. It might be rare to hear truth coming out of football players, but that's not a bad thing.

If you put Patrick Ricard out there, often to block, for around 50% of the snaps, whoever is the 3rd receiver, often the slot receiver, is going to get fewer snaps, fewer targets, fewer catches, fewer yards.

On the other hand, if you run 2/3ds of the time, and if you had 2 or 3 players out there who are primarily blockers, the top receiver might get over half the targets, and when the season is done, that top receiver might end up with the stats that the top receiver on a team that throws 2/3s of the time to 3 WRs who get roughly the same number of targets gets.

So, yeah, being a WR on the top running team is worse for all the WRs collectively, but it doesn't need to be bad for the top WR.

7. Re: Dez Bryant “I Realized Quick Baltimore Wasn’t the Place For Me”

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    Hey Dez Baltimore was the only team willing to give you a contract. Trust me teams will not line up to sign you this year. Good luck. This is also an indication of what receivers we can get. Old washed up receivers and has beens. Unless we draft them and our history of developing receivers are on the opposite spectrum of Pittsburgh’s our passing game will be sub par. We had the same issue with Flacco. The last time we had a dynamic passing game was with Testervede. Ever since then it’s been about defense and running Old school 90s team. Ravens haven’t caught up yet to modern day football
    Get Terrelle Pryor!!!

You'd all be surprised that he's great when he's not hurt. Most would put him in the "washed up" and "has been" category. Maybe he gets hurt a lot, yes that's been true, but he has been great when he's not hurt, and has been good when he's hurt, but not badly hurt. Pryor being fully healthy has been rare. He'd be better in 2021 with the Ravens than Dez was in 2020. I can't deny that he's in the washed up has been pile, though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Get Terrelle Pryor!!!

You'd all be surprised that he's great when he's not hurt. Most would put him in the "washed up" and "has been" category. Maybe he gets hurt a lot, yes that's been true, but he has been great when he's not hurt, and has been good when he's hurt, but not badly hurt. Pryor being fully healthy has been rare. He'd be better in 2021 with the Ravens than Dez was in 2020. I can't deny that he's in the washed up has been pile, though.
    He’s not a “has been”... he is a “never been”.

Disgruntled, grumbling WRs will be the norm until the offense is more balanced.

Forced-contract players, namely, draftees, trade acquisitions, free agent WRs with no leverage -- they'll all grumble because that's the only quiver they have. Receivers with options will opt elsewhere -- John Harbaugh's "we look forward to playing against them" bravado meaningless.

Lamar will need to be better. The coaches will need to trust Lamar with more. And, a receiver on the team or joining the team in April will have to prove he's Keyshawn "Just Throw Me the Damn Ball" Johnson. Some combination of that must happen. Until it does, we'll have more "soulja" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    He’s not a “has been”... he is a “never been”.
    I would like to ask John who's a better receiver Matt Jones or Terrelle Pryor?

Nah let's just trade for Ryan Tannehill and make him a receiver again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    .... but it doesn't need to be bad for the top WR.
    That's the irony of Hollywood liking Snead's tweet. Hollywood got 100 targets and still isn't consider a "true #1 WR".
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Im hoping all of these receivers speaking out will be a blessing in disguise for our offense. Its time to evolve Harbs!