Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Dissension on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pass catchers won’t like playing in this scheme. That’s really it. They kept quiet for 14-2, but after continuous playoff disappointment and the same recurring issues, they are losing patience.

That’s really it. Brown is the only other guy and that’s just a positional money thing.
    Get a real pass catcher and it won't be this scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Get a real pass catcher and it won't be this scheme.
    I don’t think so GOTA. I think if we had Randy Moss and Jerry Rice here ...this offense wouldn’t look much different. Harbeckler has wanted to run the ball like this for years. It’s risk adverse. Safe. And with a weapon like Lamar it’s super dangerous. Now we’re playing 11 on 11 instead of 10 on 11.

Either the coaches don’t trust Lamar to make a lot of throws or they just don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually just thinking about this today. It does seem like more players are speaking out than usual. Is it something that we should be concerned about? I'm not sure. Honestly, it could be a good thing if it lights a fire under some people. Remember the Ravens mutiny midway through the 2012 season? Sometimes people and problems being called out is what needs to happen in order for real positive change to happen...or it could be perceived as toxicity. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pass catchers won’t like playing in this scheme. That’s really it. They kept quiet for 14-2, but after continuous playoff disappointment and the same recurring issues, they are losing patience.

That’s really it. Brown is the only other guy and that’s just a positional money thing.
    I wouldn't discount the possibility that many members of the team might agree with the pass catchers. Some fans -- some fans think the QB, the coaching, or the scheme has peaked. Is it unreasonable to suspect that some players are thinking the same thing?

Novelty has zealous fans who relish the idea of doing something new. And it also has schadenfreude doubters, doubters who predict an impending shoe drop or sky fall. If the Ravens ran a traditional offense the question would be, "how do we do this better." But the Ravens don't. So, the question likely to be asked (or whispered) is, "should we still be doing this?"

As Jessie Ventura said when Hulk Hogan announced in front of Randy Savage that Miss Elizabeth would be his manager too, "I smell problems, McMahon."

Lot of receivers on that list, maybe being a receiver in a Lamar offense isn’t very enjoyable, block, block, then watch Lamar hold the ball to long and take a sack. But yet many on here believe FA receivers would love to come here to play with Lamar, sure they would

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t think so GOTA. I think if we had Randy Moss and Jerry Rice here ...this offense wouldn’t look much different. Harbeckler has wanted to run the ball like this for years. It’s risk adverse. Safe. And with a weapon like Lamar it’s super dangerous. Now we’re playing 11 on 11 instead of 10 on 11.

Either the coaches don’t trust Lamar to make a lot of throws or they just don’t want to.

If Allen Robinson comes here he's going to get 150 targets. You really think that Harbaugh is happy about scoring 3 points against the Bills? They've taken this style of offense as far as they can based on the talent. Now in the 3rd year of this it's time to address the deficiencies.

We're not the only team in this situation. The Steelers can't run the ball effectively. They threw the ball more than any team in the NFL last year. They've seen that can only get them so far and will work on that issue the same way we will be working on the pass.

Neither the Steelers nor the Ravens are so married to a system that they won't adjust and improve it.

If Allen Robinson comes here he's going to get 150 targets. You really think that Harbaugh is happy about scoring 3 points against the Bills? They've taken this style of offense as far as they can based on the talent. Now in the 3rd year of this it's time to address the deficiencies.

We're not the only team in this situation. The Steelers can't run the ball effectively. They threw the ball more than any team in the NFL last year. They've seen that can only get them so far and will work on that issue the same way we will be working on the pass.

Neither the Steelers nor the Ravens are so married to a system that they won't adjust and improve it.
    Can’t agree. The Steelers will draft a RB and maybe get a FA. They’re gonna get some run game going.

Harbs doesn’t want to throw. The Ravens arnt changing anything. More run. Less pass. They will prob go all out on the defensive side ...again.

Harbs doesn’t want to throw.
    This is absurd.

The correct statement is Harbs does want an offense built around a very unique quarterback and a desire to run the ball. He has chosen a path that he thinks will lead to winning football based on his personnel and a desire to control the clock and play good defense. He's not "avoiding" or afraid of passing the ball. He simply made a decision about where they want to be strong. Frankly, if he didn't chose that path we would have been hating on Lamar Jackson a year or two into his NFL career.

People can hate that decision, and that's cool. But I think it's silly to attribute all sorts of weird motives to Harbs rather than just calling it what it is.
    "That's what."
    — She

Yea they tried letting Lamar throw and the team went on a loosing streak, and everybody on here was , “just run the damn ball” cant have it both ways

Can’t agree. The Steelers will draft a RB and maybe get a FA. They’re gonna get some run game going.

Harbs doesn’t want to throw. The Ravens arnt changing anything. More run. Less pass. They will prob go all out on the defensive side ...again.

As long as the Squeelers have Big Ben taking the snaps they won't have a running game - no matter who gets to carry the rock. Ben will check out of the run to some form of pass play.

Blog Entries

Spot on. I look for the Ravens to improve on the passing game by adding some good OL guys and drafting a receiver in the later rounds and or FA.
    If the Steelers do indeed bring Fat Bastard back for another season which seems likely I’m guessing they will make a run at Najee Harris if he is still available at 24.
    Neither team is going to ignore the position of importance where they finished dead last.

Players get paid off stats nit wins, except for qbs. So any WR on this team needs to make other teams understand their low stats are system driven not talent driven. I don’t mind players calling for more passing because almost every fan knows we must pass better to beat good teams in post season.