Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Dissension on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    NONE of these guys would have over 50 catches in a Harbaugh offense. I wish it were not so - and you'd be absolutely, positively 100% correct were it not for the Harbaugh factor. You can dream all you want but when the head coach and the owner are BFFs - we are all going to have to live with the consequences.
    Do you mean like three straight years in the playoffs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    NONE of these guys would have over 50 catches in a Harbaugh offense. I wish it were not so - and you'd be absolutely, positively 100% correct were it not for the Harbaugh factor. You can dream all you want but when the head coach and the owner are BFFs - we are all going to have to live with the consequences.
    Steve Smith
    Torrey Smith
    Anquan Boldin
    Mike Wallace
    Derrick Mason
    and even Kamar Aiken all have more than 50 catches and near or over 1000 yards in a season under Harbaugh.

Most of those guys were old or had a career year when they accomplished those numbers. All of the guys I brought up are better then these guys were when they were Ravens. You bring Allen Robinson here and he will have around 100 catches and more than 1100 yards just like he has the past 2 season with Trubisky, Foles and other mediocre passers throwing him the ball

Care to post them I have never seem them, sure he may complete one here and there but definitely not at a high or acceptable rate
    Quote Originally Posted by justaloe View Post
    There are literally videos all over youtube of Lamar Jackson making throws on the outside as you call it. Lamar can make any throw as long as the receivers take the right angles and run the right routes. He's done it over and over and over again. My God people! I can't think of any QB who looks good when their protection breaks down and they feel rushed. Did any of you watch the NFC championship game? If Lamar had been making the crappy throws that Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers made in that game people would have been all over social media calling him a Running back.

Name a QB in Ravens history that's looked as good as Lamar Jackson has over a two year span? I"m talking about passing not running. I'll give you the answer. You can't. I love Joe Flacco but he never came close to a 99 QB rating and Lamar had that in his "down" year. There haven't been many QB's in NFL history that have looked as good PASSING the football as Lamar has in their 1st two seasons as a full-time starter. The problem with the Ravens passing offense is not Lamar Jackson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    One thing we all agree on is that Lamar saved harbs job lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I agree that they don't prioritize passing. They are a run-first team. Maybe the best that ever was. I don't have a problem with this. I am in favor of it with their current roster.

I do not agree with the implication that they don't work on passing enough to be good at—or they aren't even interested in becoming good at it, as some variations of this theory go—and therefore they are shy about passing during the season. I just don't with this unproven theory.

The reasons their passing game "doesn't work" are multiple, and include issues with pass protection, a QB who has some limitations throwing accurately outside the hashes, and receivers who frankly aren't great. I'm certainly in favor of them working on this and getting better, and hope that new coaches may help make a difference, along with investment in additional pass protectors and receivers.

But I just shake my head at the incessant claims that Harbaugh is afraid, or is too stubborn to work on it, or simple abhors passing the ball.

He chose the scheme that features a strong rushing attack because he thinks they can win with it. He did not choose to avoid, or to be a bad at passing the ball. Although the law of unintended consequences may come into play with this choice, of course.

I realize that this choice drives some people nuts who feel like they have to throw the ball to win. I hear you when you describe the kind of offense you want to root for, and this isn't it. And I accept that.

But I don't accept the silly conspiracy theories about how they don't want to work on being a better passing team, or whatever variation that casts aspersions on Roman and Harbaugh's motivations. I'd prefer just disagreeing on the merits of a run-first versus pass oriented offense, rather than continually having people tell us what these coaches are thinking, or doing in practice, as if they know... as if these theories are fact.
    Harbaugh was drawn to Lamar, due to the offense he knew he could create. He was not drawn to Josh Allen, or Baker Mayfield, or even Joe Flacco. There is a reason.

If it didn’t work, because of poor WRs, that’s something you emphasize in the off-season, to keep that from happening. If Lamar has issues with mechanics, again, that’s something you emphasize in the off-season, and then ‘carry’ into the regular season. Tying it in with the other areas of emphasis in the passing offense.

Obviously out side means something totally different to you, than me

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Do you mean like three straight years in the playoffs?

I thought this was a discussion about WIDE RECEIVERS not the PLAYOFFS. Lamar ran the Ravens to the playoffs

Eric better figure it out or else Bischiotti is on that ass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Exactly. We won in 2012 on the back of the passing game. An actually diverse offense that could run and pass once we hit the postseason. Boldin, Torrey, Pitta, Jacoby were a formidable receiving core that we haven't seen the likes of since.

I would implore people to actually watch the full games from 2012 and see how we converted/scored the vast majority of our scoring drives. The league has gone even more passing oriented since then. 2012 is already a relic of the past and even then it required a much more harmonious offense to reach the ultimate goal.
    Don’t forger about an oft-overlooked aspect of when that passing game actually came together and under whom. It wasn’t until later in the season once Cam Cameron was canned and Jim Caldwell was installed that the offense got it together.
    I still to this day wonder what would have happened in subsequent seasons after had Caldwell not been hired as Lions Head Coach. Could Flaccc and the offense done even more than they did under Kubiak ?

One of the key things Caldwell did was put McKinnie in at LT, as he was the best LT we had but Harbs had him in the doghouse for off the field nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They told a bunch of players and not bringing them back including Bryant, so they are going to run their mouth off...... dumbass Matthew can't keep his head out of Jamison's ass.

Otherwise meaningless.

That's a big part of it. Snead and Dez both got the "they're going in another direction" speech from their agent and got salty about it. It's like when a girls breaks it off with you and you tell your friends "I didn't like her anyway"

Quote Originally Posted by justaloe View Post
    If you mean on the sideline where Hollywood and other receivers give Lamar a few inches to make a completion. He's done that more than once as well but to expect a QB to make that throw consistently is not realistic in my opinion. Kurt Warner seems to agree with me by the way.
    That's not mentioned enough in these conversations. The receivers themselves have a lot to do with how much space Lamar has to squeeze the ball into sometimes. Yes, Lamar misses some on his own but at other times he wouldn't need to try (and fail) to make Rodgers/Mahomes style throws into those tiny windows with better receiving options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    That's a big part of it. Snead and Dez both got the "they're going in another direction" speech from their agent and got salty about it. It's like when a girls breaks it off with you and you tell your friends "I didn't like her anyway"

Sour grapes? ... Bc