Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Dissension on the team?

Maybe this is just business as usual in the NFL but this has been an unusual off season for the Ravens. I've never seen so many coaches leave. The receivers subtly and not so subtly complaining. Orlando Brown's ultimatum.

Sure, I get it... coaches going to greener pastures. Happens all the time. Athletes mouthing off on Twitter. No biggie. But it does seem unusual for the Ravens.

Do you think there's more to the story or just nothing there?

Re: Dissension on the team?

If there is Harbaugh deserves it - long overdue

Not everyone is going to be 100% happy with the coaches/scheme. Do you think every player who plays for Belichick loves the way he does things and loves the way they are used? They are pros and as long as they show up and give 100% effort it's not a huge deal. It'd be nice if they kept it off social media but Gen Z is way more online than previous generations so it's going to become more and more common.

It's agent season.

There is definitely smoke. I say this because tho other teams may have problems internally this is the most I’ve seen multiple players from ravens speak out publicly.

Don’t forget even Lamar spoke out publicly during the season calling out Romans pre-school schemes that we’re diagnosed easily.

Blog Entries

You are seeing it throughout the NFL.

Russell Wilson who has been Mr. Seahawk pissed them off to the point where you are seeing trade rumors every day.

Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP and says he's not even sure he's in the Packers plans for the future.

That's 2 of the biggest stars in the NFL criticizing their teams in public. What we've seen here is really nothing

There is isn't more squawking from players, but there are more players squawking than I can recall most seasons.

What I mean is almost every year there seems to be someone who isn't happy about something. And there have been fans who will hang on the controversy to hammer on about firing coach Harbaugh or Bilick. Those are always overblown reactions.

I think it is a keen observation to say it's not Ravens centric.

We have to recognize it's been a tough year. The stress of having to play during a pandemic, having to deal with PPE stuff, having key players have to sit out while they still have to try to win, and wondering what you are bringing home to family. There was the pressure of proving they are playoff worthy. And now we are in contract season with the stress of not knowing who is coming back or will I find a job when money is tight everywhere. And if I can't maybe it's because I wasn't given a fair shake, and I wasn't appreciated for the sacrifices I made just showing up to work not to mention maybe not getting to put up big stats for the sake of the team overall. And if I am coming back what can I expect from what is probably now a new position coach, with so many changes there.

In the old days remember how much trouble teams would have with players getting into trouble with off the field issues during this time of year. Weird shit happens when guys are not consumed by the rigors of the season. Ask Earl Thomas.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-24-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    "That's what."
    — She

Earl who?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    If there is Harbaugh deserves it - long overdue
    Broncos fans opinions don't count.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    There is definitely smoke. I say this because tho other teams may have problems internally this is the most I’ve seen multiple players from ravens speak out publicly.

Don’t forget even Lamar spoke out publicly during the season calling out Romans pre-school schemes that we’re diagnosed easily.
    You started seeing it last season. Before Hayden Hurst got traded he was squaking about not being used. All the players below have said stuff. What is bad alot of them are on rookie contracts, and or late additions and if anything youd expect less complaining.
    Hollywood,
    Dez Bryant
    Orlando Brown
    Willie Snead
    Lamar

The team just lost a bunch of assistant coaches, maybe there is some stuff behind the scenes we are not hearing as of yet?
    Not sure but its definitely been a different off season than most so far.

If Earl Thomas signs with another team this offseason would the amount of his contract be deducted from that grievance he filed?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Pass catchers won’t like playing in this scheme. That’s really it. They kept quiet for 14-2, but after continuous playoff disappointment and the same recurring issues, they are losing patience.

That’s really it. Brown is the only other guy and that’s just a positional money thing.