Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

Think the O is bad now ....wait till Hollywood walks in yr 5. He’s not gonna stay here and block unless the FO overpays him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I think this nothing and they're just hurt by the media calling them nobodies
    Yeah sucks in a contract year to have been in a system where you mainly block. But he had some huge catches too. I love the guy but he wasn’t a #1 in NO either

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    No balance?

Year Passes Sacked Runs (Scrambles) AllPlays Pass% Run%
    2020 406 32 555 50 993 49.1% 50.9%

"Balanced" seems precisely what it is. Probably more balanced than every other offense in the league.

They can also protect the QB. That'd be a good place for us to start.

The Ravens offense literally leads the NFL in scoring over the past two seasons.

Here's the list:

Team PF 2020 PF 2019 PF sum
    Baltimore Ravens 468 531 999
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 492 458 950
    Kansas City Chiefs 473 451 924
    Tennessee Titans 491 402 893
    Green Bay Packers 509 376 885

Do they actually need a "philosophical change"?

Is it actually "arrogant" if Harbs thinks that what they've been doing works well?
    1. We finished dead last in passing attempts and passing yds. How are you going to argue that is balance? We were the most unbalanced offense in the league when you put it into actual context of run vs pass compared to the rest of the NFL. Browns and Titans finished Top 3 in rushing and threw the ball for nearly 800+ yds more a piece. They're examples of run first offenses that aren't one-dimensional.

2. Short term effectiveness does not equate to long term sustainability

I already covered the "But look at these stats, look at the scoring"

When you have a generational talent like Lamar and mash the pedal to the floor of course it's going to be effective. But is it sustainable? Can you ask him to run 150+ times every season in order for your offense to function? It's a ticking time bomb situation. We discuss how short the shelf life of a RB is these days.. We're running him at the volume of a lot of starting RB's.. and Lamar ain't 230 lbs.

Like I said, nobody will care until it catches up to us and then everybody will just repeat this sentiment when it's time for the hindsight criticism. Call out the flawed logic now, not when it's too late. That's how you prevent it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Exactly, we needed an absolutely lights out performance from the defense to secure that W. The Ravens offense really only had one good drive the entire game and it was the Ricard drive out of halftime. Keep in mind that was a Titans defense that wasn't very good and got lit up like a Christmas tree against Watson to the tune of 36 points with their division title on the line just a week earlier.

The Ravens offense in the playoffs has been just woeful the last 3 years. When the opponent/gameplans ramp up to stifle the run they spin their wheels every single time.
    Henry got held to 40 yards on 18 carries and Tannehill threw for 165 yards, yet it took a great play from Lamar to win it. Ravens should have won that games by 14+ points and cruised to a relatively easy win for a playoff game.

1. We finished dead last in passing attempts and passing yds. How are you going to argue that is balance? We were the most unbalanced offense in the league when you put it into actual context of run vs pass compared to the rest of the NFL. Browns and Titans finished Top 3 in rushing and threw the ball for nearly 800+ yds more a piece.

2. Again short term effectiveness doesn't not equate to long term sustainability

I already covered the "But look at these stats, look at the scoring"

When you have a generational talent like Lamar and mash the pedal to the floor of course it's going to be effective. But is it sustainable? Can you ask him to run 150+ times every season in order for your offense to function? It's a ticking time bomb situation. We discuss how short the shelf life of a RB is these days.. We're running him at the volume of a lot of starting RB's.. and Lamar ain't 230 lbs.

Like I said, nobody will care until it catches up to us and then everybody will just repeat this sentiment when it's time for the hindsight criticism
    The great thing about Math is that you don’t have to believe in it for it to be right. You are factually, unequivocally wrong.
    You do not have a desire for balance, you have a desire to be similarly unbalanced in proportion to the mass imbalance seen throughout the league.

I also continue to find it odd how much more obsessed you are with passing attempts and yards compared to points and wins. You really would prefer to see this team air it out and lose than pound the rock and win, correct?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I think this nothing and they're just hurt by the media calling them nobodies
    I kinda agree with this. I think Willie would love to return to the Ravens, no? He was second on the team in targets for WRs and third on the team in total targets.

Players of all positions want to come to the Ravens I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Also see the offense's overall production in the playoffs the past couple years
    I have a hard time seeing that as an offensive philosophy breakdown, when playoff losses in three consecutive seasons featured our OL getting absolutely DOMINATED.
    Maybe a failure of roster building philosophy. Going cheap / moneyball at the iOL positions.

But there's no "offensive philosophy" that works when the DL is shoving the guards into the backfield and the Center is sending the ball over the QB's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Think the O is bad now ....
    Do we think the O is "bad" now? When they lead the league in total scoring since Roman became the OC ?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The great thing about Math is that you don’t have to believe in it for it to be right. You are factually, unequivocally wrong.
    You do not have a desire for balance, you have a desire to be similarly unbalanced in proportion to the mass imbalance seen throughout the league.

I also continue to find it odd how much more obsessed you are with passing attempts and yards compared to points and wins. You really would prefer to see this team air it out and lose than pound the rock and win, correct?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in
    1st in rushing, 32nd in passing. What type of mental gymnastics must be applied to draw any other conclusion than it's the most extreme case of unbalanced? Hollywood Brown said the same thing as well. I guess we're both wrong and the numbers are a mirage. Even if you run an unbalanced offense than statistically you want to be unbalanced towards passing, as all the Conference Round Finalists were Top 10 in passing, 3/4 were top 5 in passing, SB teams were #1 and #2 in passing, and passing DVOA is proven to be more important to success than running DVOA. Those aren't coincidences, those are correlations.

I have ad nauseum said that the point isn't to ramp up the passing volume just for the sake of it. That would be hollow attempts. The point is to make the passing game more effective so the correlation to higher attempts will make sense. You do that two ways, 1. Improve the OL 2. Injection of higher end WR talent. Those are the keys to getting the offense more balanced (in effectiveness, not just attempts). The NFL is a passing league and the analytics back it up. The zig while they all zag schtick is just spitting in the face of the analytics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st in rushing, 32nd in passing. What type of mental gymnastics must be applied to draw any other conclusion than it's the most extreme case of unbalanced? Hollywood Brown said the same thing as well. I guess we're both wrong and the numbers are a mirage. Even if you run an unbalanced offense than statistically you want to be unbalanced towards passing, as all the Conference Round Finalists were Top 10 in passing, 3/4 were top 5 in passing, SB teams were #1 and #2 in passing, and passing DVOA is proven to be more important to success than running DVOA. Those aren't coincidences, those are correlations.

I have ad nauseum said that the point isn't to ramp up the passing volume just for the sake of it. That would be hollow attempts. The point is to make the passing game more effective so the correlation to higher attempts will make sense. You do that two ways, 1. Improve the OL 2. Injection of higher end WR talent. Those are the keys to getting the offense more balanced (in effectiveness, not just attempts). The NFL is a passing league and the analytics back it up. The zig while they all zag schtick is just spitting in the face of the analytics.
    Mental gymnastics? I learned this in elementary school. 49% passing, 51% rushing, from JZC’s stats. That is literally balanced. What do rankings have to do with a run:pass ratio? Again, what you are looking for is to run a system that is proportionately unbalanced like the rest of the league who rarely runs anymore, even though they all scored less points than us the past two years. Every single one of those “better offensive systems” scored less points over the past two years.

Scoring the most points is spitting in the face of analytics? Then sign me up. As far as I know, that’s the goal on offense.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk kit

Exactly, we needed an absolutely lights out performance from the defense to secure that W. The Ravens offense really only had one good drive the entire game and it was the Ricard drive out of halftime. Keep in mind that was a Titans defense that wasn't very good and got lit up like a Christmas tree against Watson to the tune of 36 points with their division title on the line just a week earlier.

The Ravens offense in the playoffs has been just woeful the last 3 years. When the opponent/gameplans ramp up to stifle the run they spin their wheels every single time.

Watson is a better passer than Lamar Jackson. Trying to compare the two quarterbacks is probably not a good way to go especially from a pure passer standpoint. Greg Roman passing schemes may not be creative but even Colin Kapernick was better at attacking defenses outside the numbers . Lamar Jackson simply does not make those types of throws consistently enough for a opposing defenses to respect his arm or stay honest. Jackson is probably the most talented quarterback Roman has ever coached or been around other than Andrew Luck but Jackson still needs to work on his game as a passer.