Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

More and more it sounds like the WRs aren’t a fan of this offense. Anyone still think A-Rob is chomping at the bit to come play in this offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

I think they should trade all of their WR's. And draft nothing but OL'men and TE's for the offense.

Then, run the old Veer offense. Or maybe bring in the old Navy coach to run the option-o and wishbone.

LOL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Maybe this will wake up the front office and Harbaugh that something needs to change. The running is already tops in the league, but the passing offense can improve a lot if the team makes it a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think they should trade all of their WR's. And draft nothing but OL'men and TE's for the offense.

Then, run the old Veer offense. Or maybe bring in the old Navy coach to run the option-o and wishbone.

LOL.

WR's hate our offense and I don't blame them. There is no balance whatsoever. The Titans had a 2000 yd rusher and still threw the ball way more than us. There's a difference between being run first and one-dimensional. We're one-dimensional. When the run game is humming we win, when it's getting stone walled (Like against Buffalo) it's a floundering husk of an NFL offense.

The Ravens need a philosophical change on offense, I loved Arthur Smith's Titans scheme and Stefanski's Browns scheme, two teams that run the ball hard but can open up the passing game when they need to. We need to model after those.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    More and more it sounds like the WRs aren’t a fan of this offense. Anyone still think A-Rob is chomping at the bit to come play in this offense?

I think he's chomping at the bit for a huge pay day (Which the Ravens will never give him).. that's why I've already accepted that the best case scenario in FA is probably a guy like Corey Davis, the top tier WR's ain't coming here

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    WR's hate our offense and I don't blame them. There is no balance whatsoever. The Titans had a 2000 yd rusher and still threw the ball way more than us. There's a difference between being run first and one-dimensional. We're one-dimensional. When the run game is humming we win, when it's getting stone walled (Like against Buffalo) it's a floundering husk of an NFL offense.

The Ravens need a philosophical change on offense, I loved Arthur Smith's Titans scheme and Stefanski's Browns scheme, two teams that run the ball hard but can open up the passing game when they need to. We need to model after those.
    But the arrogance of the head coach who refuses to change what HE thinks works best won’t allow that.

8. Re: Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

LOL.
    Yeah, sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    But the arrogance of the head coach who refuses to change what HE thinks works best won’t allow that.

This goes way up beyond Harbaugh. Have a listen to EDC's end of season presser or what The Biscuit has also said about how they want to win games. This is not one guy's design.

10. Re: Willie Snead sounding off on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I think he's chomping at the bit for a huge pay day (Which the Ravens will never give him).. that's why I've already accepted that the best case scenario in FA is probably a guy like Corey Davis, the top tier WR's ain't coming here

What Snead is saying is "don't blame me, we just don't throw as much". He's not saying "replace me with Corey Davis"

Look, he's a free agent in a down market and I'm sure his agent is giving him bad news about the early feelers he's getting. It seems natural for Snead to be a little bitter that being a WR in the Ravens system is not good for your free agency resume.

They have the off season and a slew of new coaches who may factor into adding new wrinkles. We'll see if it happens.

The message I am hearing from the coach and GM is upgrading the offensive line will make a big difference in the passing game.

The message leaking through from the two gents on Twitter suggest that the system is holding them back.

Both are probably true to one degree or another.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    This goes way up beyond Harbaugh. Have a listen to EDC's end of season presser or what The Biscuit has also said about how they want to win games. This is not one guy's design.
    Well, I would argue that it is Harbaugh's design...EDC and Bisciotti just believe in it...or they believe in Harbaugh (which is probably more the case).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.