Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT: Orioles 2021

Reasons for optimism? Anyone?

Re: OT: Orioles 2021

No

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to my beloved O's (a lot like Bengals fans around here, except the O's have actually won a few championships).

No reason not to have faith in GM Elias. He was assistant during the rebuild of the Astros and seems to be doing all the right things with scouting, player development , etc., duplicating what got them from 100 loss seasons to a WS. Remember the cover of SI in 2014? Predicted a 2017 championship for Houston.

And of course, being in the AL East doesn't help.

Covid isn't helping with developing the young talent, but that impacts all teams.

I periodically lurk on the Orioles Hangout, but it's such a busy, detailed site, I don't have the time to read everything and get a general synopsis of how the rebuild is going.

It's been nearly 40 years since the last WS win; I'm willing to be patient.

With the pitching staff currently assembled, they may challenge the Mets all time loss record. Could lose 120 if they play all 162.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand they were mostly starting from scratch when Elias came in, and had the burden of the worst contract in MLB, but at some point, these legions of prospects they are continually acquiring for real players will have to show something.
    I keep reading, well after the fact, about players whose names I had come to recognize over the prior season having been traded away. Hard to be a fan with no player name recognition. I wonder how long Mancini will last on the team, if he has made a full medical recovery.

O's hope is that names we don't know produce in ways we can't imagine.

Hope springs eternal - it is spring training and the O's are tied for the lead in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    Reasons for optimism? Anyone?
    Ticket prices will be low enough to take the kids?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Did you see where Fangraphs, the top sabermetric site for MLB, gave the Orioles a 0.0% chance of making the playoffs?
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

This year will prolly be another rough one, but there is plenty of reason for optimism past 2021 because they seem to be on the right path now. I trust what Elias is doing.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

"0.0" in my best Dean Wormer

They are acting like this could be one of the worst teams of all time. Are they that bad or is the AL East that good?

I think this is the last year that we are one of the worst teams in baseball (and I think it will be pretty bad). A lot of people are angry with the money being spent (or not spent), but I think that is part of the rebuild. I think I the money will be there when we are ready to compete in a few seasons.

I love some of the young bats we have with Santander, Mountcastle and Hays. We also have some good ones in the system, with Diaz and hopefully Rutschman coming up soon. We have 3, good pitching prospects starting the season in the major league rotation with Means, Aiken and Kramer getting the first crack. Kramer was the second piece in the Manny trade and I think he has a good chance to be really good soon.

We are also in the top 5 farm systems in pretty much every publication site out there. We have prospects like Rutschman, Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and Heston Kjerstad (who even though a lot of people were against the pick, I love) coming through the system right now. We have also stepped up our International Scouting, which is a must if you want to compete in today’s game.

I think the future is bright with Elias and Hyde leading the way. This year will be rough, but there is definitely reason to be excited!

Blog Entries

I genuinely think this will be the last year of being in the basement/100+ loss season. 2022 I think they win over 70 and high priced guys on the farm (Adley, Gray Rod, DL Hall) see real big league action next year. That's when this rebuild really takes the turn. It'll be fun to see Mancini again, Hays and Mountcastle this year, and if Santander can put together another solid year. Pitching will be horrendous and ultimately lose us another 100 games, but that's part of the rebuild. Trust what Elias is doing and be patient people. Everything they've done so far in developing guys gives us no reason not to believe in them.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football