Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Media attacks on Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Because politicians are by nature weak-willed and reactionary
    Whatever polls well

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ted Cruz is a POS that defines the word hypocrisy. However, this is just something that presents bad optics. It does make you wonder though - if in his mind (and most of y'alls) he did nothing wrong then why pull the about face and return home?
    I might be misremembering, but I think that his daughter's friends were on vacation down there and they wanted to go. Being a responsible dad, he took them then came back.

EDIT: It was a pre-planned, large, family vacation.
    Last edited by darb72; 02-21-2021 at 02:32 AM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ted Cruz is a POS that defines the word hypocrisy. However, this is just something that presents bad optics. It does make you wonder though - if in his mind (and most of y'alls) he did nothing wrong then why pull the about face and return home?
    What has he done thats hypocritical?

I used to dislike Cruz for his general cheesiness i.e. weak chin bryll cream look. He's got a good mind and is formidable though.

Agree the optics are bad here but going on a planned family trip is better than f**ing a Chinese spy or killing a few thousand seniors with a horrible policy decision and hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    What has he done thats hypocritical?

I used to dislike Cruz for his general cheesiness i.e. weak chin bryll cream look. He's got a good mind and is formidable though.

Agree the optics are bad here but going on a planned family trip is better than f**ing a Chinese spy or killing a few thousand seniors with a horrible policy decision and hiding it.
    My complaint isn't about the trip.

My complaint was his bending the knee to the leftists who were propagandizing his trip.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    My complaint isn't about the trip.

My complaint was his bending the knee to the leftists who were propagandizing his trip.
    Yup.

That’s why he is a spineless phony. Just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Another thing I've just realized about this Texas tragedy. It's completely illegal for private citizens to price gouge during a natural disaster (and rightfully so), but if the power supply company allows prices to "naturally rise to meet demand" and result in $16,000 bills that would normally be a fraction of that, it's perfectly acceptable.

This system we live in is atrocious. The obvious double standards between citizens and the corporations in politicians pockets is outrageous. Things like these need to be heavily pushed as bipartisan issues going forward.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Another thing I've just realized about this Texas tragedy. It's completely illegal for private citizens to price gouge during a natural disaster (and rightfully so), but if the power supply company allows prices to "naturally rise to meet demand" and result in $16,000 bills that would normally be a fraction of that, it's perfectly acceptable.

This system we live in is atrocious. The obvious double standards between citizens and the corporations in politicians pockets is outrageous. Things like these need to be heavily pushed as bipartisan issues going forward.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    My daughter and her fiance' are afraid that this may happen. They live right outside of Houston. From what I understand, there is no flat rate for energy - the model follows that of Uber, where prices can fluctuate based on demand.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh