Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Cap will be at least 180M

So while the rest of the league is getting more money, we are probably losing $10 million off of our own cap because of ET’s bullshit?

Happy Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    So while the rest of the league is getting more money, we are probably losing $10 million off of our own cap because of ET’s bullshit?

Happy Sunday.
    I don't know if any of us know which way the hearing may go, but yeah, if you are EDC, you have to operate as if that $10 million will hit at any time so it really restricts us.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They had a $5 million hit to the cap last year and there will be a $5 million hit this year. If the Ravens win they will get all $10 million back. If they lose then it’s $5 million against 2021 since they already took the other $5 million hit in 2020.

Honestly I can’t see how the Ravens are going to prove that Thomas violated his contract but we only know what was reported. The basis is the domestic dispute and training camp fight but Thomas was not suspended by the NFL for either. It’s going to depend on how a judge determines detrimental conduct.
    I am pretty sure when he publicly posted a practice on Twitter it violated his contract. Akin to giving playbook information away. I cannot see how he wins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    That's the money they are fighting over.
    No it's not, They are fighting over his salary for 2020 which was guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am pretty sure when he publicly posted a practice on Twitter it violated his contract. Akin to giving playbook information away. I cannot see how he wins.
    They knew the second they released him he was never going to win.

Re-reading this, the NFL is saying that the minimum salary cap for each team will be moved from $175 million to $180 million. That's the amount each team has to spend (and over the life of the CBA) to not get into trouble, or have to pay the player's association directly.

The minimum salary cap is usually 89% of the actual salary cap. So, if the minimum salary cap for each team went up $5 million ($175 million to $180 million) from 2020, it's a good bet the salary cap of $198.2 million will also go up for 2021.

https://twitter.com/RavensSalaryCap/...286452738?s=19
    Looks like the Ravens could add about $15M in extra cap space plus $7.5M more should they decide to release Brandon Williams.
    +$22.5M max.
    Daily Ravens' Salary Cap update (3/2/21):

57 players under contract
    Present Cap space (on a $180.5M Cap): $18,273,773
    Still To be Tendered (or not): 4 ERFAs and 2 RFAs
    Biggest Unknown variable: Annual Incentives Adjustment
    Projected Cap space after Tenders: $13,897,773

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TDL1000; 03-04-2021 at 04:29 PM.