Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh dies

Re: Limbaugh dies

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    As with anybody else, I pray that Rush got right with God before he died. Unfortunately his legacy will be a part of the tragic stain of racism and bigotry that has held this country in grips from the day of founding.

However, as I said before, like the thief on the cross, anybody can change and ask God for grace in their closing moments.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    The irony of the left, the party of racism, finding joy and thinking they are witty, by attacking someone that died.

Interesting to see the hateful non tolerant left, can also be ignorant and proud.

I have no problem debating people that have differing opinions, but seeing the ignorance here is astonishing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You DO remember the Elijah Cummings thread, don't you?
    I meant more the commentary in response to Lax's post.

But you are right - there were a lot of inappropriate and insensitive commentary when Elijah Cummings passed away. I definitely own that I made a joke about him being a corrupt politician. Though I do believe him to have been a corrupt politician and not someone that really helped citizens of Baltimore during his career, I recognize that making a joke at the expense of his passing was certainly offensive and insensitive.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The irony of the left, the party of racism, finding joy and thinking they are witty, by attacking someone that died.
    Ehh, it doesn't bother me that much.

If you're going to put yourself into the public spotlight, then you have to be prepared to have people that will shit on you in life and in death. It comes with the territory.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Celebrating a death is like cheering at a train car in front of you going over the cliff first

We’re all on the same tracks
    You mean like when Rush used to have an "AIDS Update" segment on his show where he would mock the death of gay people and play the song "I'll never love this way again" during the segment?

I'm not attacking him in any way shape or form, just stating the truth. We are different people. To many, MLK's death was a good riddance. They believed he was a Communist, Marxist cancer to the United States. Others saw his legacy as a beacon of hope in fundamentally racist country.

Just different perspectives is all. No attacking at all. I sincerely hope the man was right with God at his passing.

I wasn't mocking him at all. However, it would be incredibly naiive to believe that some may have little sympathy to one who routinely mocked the death of HIV patients.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    You mean like when Rush used to have an "AIDS Update" segment on his show where he would mock the death of gay people and play the song "I'll never love this way again" during the segment?
    I don’t recall that, so I can’t speak to it specifically. When looking into it I see people saying it was satirical, but I do t know.

What’s your point though. Two wrongs make a right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I wasn't mocking him at all. However, it would be incredibly naiive to believe that some may have little sympathy to one who routinely mocked the death of HIV patients.

“Routinely”. I’ve listened for 20 years and never heard that.

You’re what 30(?) so you haven’t either. I guess you found some stuff on google though??

Thanks for showing us that not only did you not listen to Limbaugh, you didn’t even take time to do your own 5 min research on him.

Way to play the part
    Thanks for showing us that not only did you not listen to Limbaugh, you didn’t even take time to do your own 5 min research on him.

Way to play the part
    What in my comment about him was wrong? Did he not get caught with illegal drugs? Did he not get off of said charge because he’s famous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don’t recall that, so I can’t speak to it specifically. When looking into it I see people saying it was satirical, but I do t know.

What’s your point though. Two wrongs make a right?

I have listened to Limbaugh on and off since 1991. This never happened while I listened.

Rush would do parody songs. When a over the top homosexual would do something stupid, he would play a song. I have never heard rush mock anyones death.

Just another example of someone that probably never listened to Limbaugh

Not sure when I “celebrated a human dying” in this thread but whatever.

In my original post here I simply made light of his job. And the fact that he had an opioid issue. I mean did he or did he not bash the Left on a daily basis on his show? Does anyone else not think that being a “shock jock “ is an easy job? Prob a pretty sweet gig? I mean the job is stating your opinion on air for an allotted time. But I digress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk