Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 18192021 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh dies

Blog Entries

Re: Limbaugh dies

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’d like it to be private. As is it’s corrupt as hell.

Take my FIL. He worked for GM for 32 yrs. never drew Unemployment. Where’s that $$$. Same with a lot of older people I know. They all paid into ( prob more employer pay than employee pay ) and didn’t draw a dime? Who gets that money??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well... that's how insurance works. You pay a small amount for a potential bigger amount later IF you need it. IF you don't need it you don't get it.

However, I'm not a fan of it being forced. If you want to participate go for it, if not save for a rainy day. Don't do either and SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well... that's how insurance works. You pay a small amount for a potential bigger amount later IF you need it. IF you don't need it you don't get it.

However, I'm not a fan of it being forced. If you want to participate go for it, if not save for a rainy day. Don't do either and SOL.
    I agree. But here my biggest issue. If it’s insurrection...why do they tax it? Why do you have to claim it on your income tax?

If you file a claim against your car insurance and they issue a check..no taxes taken out and not claimed on Income tax.

Homeowners claim ...here’s a check ..no taxes no claiming.

If you have Aflac and file a claim for bandaids ...here’s your check no taxes.

So if it’s Unemployment Insurance....why is it taxed??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Sounds remarkably like what would happen in a legitimately free country.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    They've actually come way down on their membership fees. When I first looked into joining 10 years ago, they were way too expensive (2 basic memberships for me and my wife costed 120.00 per month). I checked back in 2018 and it's now half that.
    Interesting. I remember when I looked in 2014 or so it would've been over 100 a month so we stuck with LA fitness. Had no idea it came down.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Looks like Dan Bongino will be taking the vacant three-hour radio time slot on Westwood One stations that previously belonged to late radio legend Rush Limbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Looks like Dan Bongino will be taking the vacant three-hour radio time slot on Westwood One stations that previously belonged to late radio legend Rush Limbaugh.
    I may get flamed for this but I find War Room with Steve Bannon and Raheem Kassam to be more enjoyable to listen to. It's smarter, lighter and the chemistry between the two is more enjoyable/entertaining. Those two are pretty funny together. Anyone who wants to flame me for that statement flame away but please watch a couple of episodes first. I think a lot of people would be surprised to see the deference they give people like AOC. Those guys disagree with her but respect her star power and populist appeal. It's kind of amusing to see. That show has laser like focus on the threat posed to the US by the CCP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I may get flamed for this but I find War Room with Steve Bannon and Raheem Kassam to be more enjoyable to listen to. It's smarter, lighter and the chemistry between the two is more enjoyable/entertaining. Those two are pretty funny together. Anyone who wants to flame me for that statement flame away but please watch a couple of episodes first. I think a lot of people would be surprised to see the deference they give people like AOC. Those guys disagree with her but respect her star power and populist appeal. It's kind of amusing to see. That show has laser like focus on the threat posed to the US by the CCP.
    I agree. Bongino is okay, but that war room (haven't seen it in a while) is great. Raheem and Jack are entertaining and Jack really has some inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Probably a mistake.

Limbaugh's biggest attributes: he was light-hearted and thought just differently enough to be interesting. Humor and insight make it easy to reflexively tune the dial and keep it tuned.

From what I've seen from Bongino -- I can get that anywhere. Worse still, it's one note, one tone, one dimension. He's not someone that's going to make a point and make me laugh while a whittle away the time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Probably a mistake.

Limbaugh's biggest attributes: he was light-hearted and thought just differently enough to be interesting. Humor and insight make it easy to reflexively tune the dial and keep it tuned.

From what I've seen from Bongino -- I can get that anywhere. Worse still, it's one note, one tone, one dimension. He's not someone that's going to make a point and make me laugh while a whittle away the time at work.
    The word grating comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The word grating comes to mind.
    I initially misread your comment as "grinding."

I think that's more likely what a three hour experience will be: grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    I initially misread your comment as "grinding."

I think that's more likely what a three hour experience will be: grinding.
    Dan has one note. He's a good guy but it's like a dude at a party droning at you wide eyed about something with the New Yawk accent trying to impress a point on you and your like "I got you bro, I got you bro... but he keeps doing it.

So it looks like clay travis and buck sexton are taking over on the EIB network startin june 21