Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OBJ Trade offers

This would be some trade for the Ravens.

We should definitely be looking at an elite pass rusher picking around that area to get our new Terrell Suggs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You are only keeping him for a year and then he hits the market. The Ravens aren't paying Brown LT money to stay and play RT. They aren't trading Stanley and taking a massive cap hit. They aren't franchising Brown since all offensive lineman get the same number so it's like a LT cap amount.

The options are; keep Brown for 2021 and get a 3rd round comp pick when he leaves in 2022.

or

Trade Brown for something significantly more that the comp pick in 2021 but you have to find a new RT for the season.

Honestly both options are good ones. You just don't want to trade Brown for something close to the comp value and lose him for 2021 without top compensation.
    This is a very good summary of the situation. The hole is coming at RT. Now, historically, we have done a good job of filling that hole. However, it is not a certainty. But the point is that the hole is coming and if you’re going to accelerate it, you need it to be worth your while.

If you keep Brown, you can develop Powers at RG, move Bozeman to Center and find yourself a LG and you may have a line that could do some damage in 2021. Worst case scenario, you’ll need to replace to starters in the interior. If you trade him now, you may have to replace three spots and there’s no guarantee that a rookie, even a first round guy, is going to give you what Brown could have given you in 2021. Now, it may be better than what we saw in Buffalo, but that doesn’t mean it’s enough to win a Super Bowl, or even get to one. For all of Kansas City’s line issues, they still made it to the Super Bowl with that line. We are not going to be able to do that.

And we still don’t know how Stanley will be in his first year returning from that injury.

Because of that, while I personally would not give up a first for Brown, to then pay him an extension and have him play LT, that’s what I would take for me to give him up if I’m DeCosta.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This would be some trade for the Ravens.

We should definitely be looking at an elite pass rusher picking around that area to get our new Terrell Suggs
    Jaelan Phillips is all you got and he might go top 10. Not much of an edge class, at least at the top of the board.

Chase/Waddle/Smith/Pitts are even better than the Lamb/Jeudy/Jefferson/Ruggs group from last year. If you want BPA it's likely there and it's also a position of need on top of that

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Blue chip pass catcher or edge would definitely be at the top of my wish list with that 13th pick if they manage to land it

I just don't really love this edge class a whole ton, too boom or bust for a pick that high. Love Chase/Waddle/Smith/Pitts... I feel very safe with all those guys hitting. In a perfect world it would be a stud pass rusher but based on the draft class I think you take the pass catcher

Jaelan Phillips is the only edge guy that in intrigues me if we end up picking that high
    Definitely agree on that point. If there isn’t an obvious standout prospect then trade back, but don’t pass on the next Dwight Freeney just to acquire an additional third or fourth round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Definitely agree on that point. If there isn’t an obvious standout prospect then trade back, but don’t pass on the next Dwight Freeney just to acquire an additional third or fourth round pick.
    Agreed. Just not sure the edge class has that much high end talent

But if Waddle or Smith are staring you in the face it would be criminal to pass that up.

Not ready to count chickens yet though, don't think this Chargers rumor has any concrete sources behind it... but damn do I hope it materializes

Agreed. Just not sure the edge class has that much high end talent

But if Waddle or Smith are staring you in the face it would be criminal to pass that up.

Not ready to count chickens yet though, don't think this Chargers rumor has any concrete sources behind it... but damn do I hope it materializes
    I don’t think it’s a legit rumor yet, but I’m going to be checking my phone every 10 minutes this weekend now just in case, lol.

Blog Entries

Even if DeCosta does not move up from 13 (Hypothetically), what’s most important is that he would have the ability to if he wanted to.

Blog Entries

I would take that Chargers pick all day even if the chart value was the same. Puts us in striking range of the top 10 for a trade up or Devonta Smith/Waddle might even fall to us at #13 and we would still have another 1st round pick on top of that
    If they get #13 or even #10...I would bet my Alabama hat that they trade back for the draft capital.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Even if DeCosta does not move up from 13 (Hypothetically), what’s most important is that he would have the ability to if he wanted to.
    I agree .... But ...Lets say they got the hypothetical deal from the Chargers

Chargers get:
    Orlando Brown Jr.
    Ravens 2021 4th Round Pick (131)
    Ravens get:
    Chargers 2021 1st Round Pick (13)
    Chargers 2021 3rd Round Pick (77)
    Chargers 2022 2nd Round Pick
    They would have #13(1150), #27 (660) ,#60 (300) #77 (118), #96 (205) (comp), #155 (28.2) , #160 (26) (est comp MP), #186 (15.8), and #223 (1.5) (EST Comp PO)

They could trade #13 to Indy or Washington for their #1 and #2

Then they'd have
    1st
    #19 or #21 (Wash or Colts)
    #27 (Ours)

2nds
    #51 or #54 (Wash or IND)
    #60 (Ours)

3rds
    #77 (Chargers)
    #96 (Ours comp)

4th

5th

6th

7th

Thats 6 players if the top 96 in the draft. With needs a DE (x2), WR, Center, OG, CB, and RT. We could fill the, with guys ready to play. I expect that we will flirt with Watt or another DE in free agency and most likely a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    If they get #13 or even #10...I would bet my Alabama hat that they trade back for the draft capital.
    What if Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle lands in your lap. Both guys who are better prospects than Justin Jefferson was coming out.

I like accumulating picks as much as the next guy but the Ravens need a blue chip talent if they can get one. A big needle mover. They RARELY get a chance to draft one, I would hate to pass on one of those guys. Reminds me of when Derwin James miraculously landed in their lap and they traded back.

Especially if you have another 1st round pick as well, don't get too cute with the trading back, take the blue chip guy and be happy imo. Don't pull another Derwin. You can always trade out of 27 and get more picks.

Blog Entries

What if Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle lands in your lap. Both guys who are better prospects than Justin Jefferson was coming out.

I like accumulating picks as much as the next guy but the Ravens need a blue chip talent if they can get one. A big needle mover. They RARELY get a chance to draft one, I would hate to pass on one of those guys. Reminds me of when Derwin James miraculously landed in their lap and they traded back.

Especially if you have another 1st round pick as well, don't get too cute with the trading back, take the blue chip guy and be happy imo. Don't pull another Derwin. You can always trade out of 27 and get more picks.
    So ...IMO and your going to hate it. But, drafting a round 1 WR with LJ is a waste of the draft capital.

They can get 700-800 yards and 5-7 TDs out of Marvin Jones or Mike Williams after he’s released.

Paying Robinson or drafting one of those guys is a waste of resources with our offense.

Spend one of your 20s 1st rounders on Friermuth or Jordan.

Plus the extra picks allow you to draft Dickerson and a OG like D Brown early.

Blog Entries

In The Athletic’s bold predictions for the offseason, Shiel Kapadia predicts that the Ravens trade Brown Jr. to Los Angeles.

“Let’s keep this one simple. A first-round pick is completely reasonable for a 25-year-old franchise left tackle. The Chargers trade the Ravens the 13th overall pick for Brown, and everyone goes home happy,” Kapadia said.

Prior to this, I laid out a few trade scenarios that make sense to acquire the two-time Pro Bowler.

Given the fact that he’s only going to be 25 years old next season and he’s played at a high level at both left and right tackle all without getting injured to this point, a first-round pick is likely the starting point to land him.

While no one likes shipping their first rounder, Brown would be well worth it. There’s no guarantee that a top consensus tackle pans out in the league, but the former Oklahoma product has already proven himself as a premiere blindside blocker.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-ot...183727710.html