Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OBJ Trade offers

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    That would be a home run for the Ravens, kill two birds with one stone by getting an X receiver to replace Boykin and some juicy draft capital

From #13 they could:

- Take one of the top Tackles
    - Trade back and accumulate even more picks
    - Trade up and get a blue chip pass catcher and take a Tackle at #27
    Good point .... I think there is little chance that they would move up and maybe a 30% chance that they select at that selection. They can do so much by trading back if they can find a taker. The Colts would still be looking for a LT and probably would like to leap the Skins, Dolphins, and Bears. Their #1 and #2 would be 10 points higher than #13 via Draftek. We could swop our 6th for their 7th and the numbers would match almost perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    Good point .... I think there is little chance that they would move up and maybe a 30% chance that they select at that selection. They can do so much by trading back if they can find a taker. The Colts would still be looking for a LT and probably would like to leap the Skins, Dolphins, and Bears. Their #1 and #2 would be 10 points higher than #13 via Draftek. We could swop our 6th for their 7th and the numbers would match almost perfectly.
    Pick #13 = 1150 points
    Jacksonville Pick #25+pick #47=1150 points

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While anything can happen on draft day, and usually does, I do not see Pitts (the consensus #1 TE) being available @ #13. Matter of fact, he may even go in the Top - 10... Bc
    We're discussing trading up if we landed that 13th pick, we could likely do it without having to give up #27 which would be huge

Blog Entries

We're discussing trading up if we landed that 13th pick, we could likely do it without having to give up #27 which would be huge
    OK, agreed. I don't see EDC trading up... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OK, agreed. I don't see EDC trading up... Bc
    Probably more likely to trade back than up but we can dream. I think the Ravens need quality over quantity, we rarely ever get to draft a blue chip talent so it might be an opportunity we don't want to pass up if we did in fact get this Chargers deal done.

Probably won't get an opportunity to pick that high again for a very long time, to grab a cheap blue chip talent with a 5th year option before we have to pay Lamar would be huge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Pick #13 = 1150 points
    Jacksonville Pick #25+pick #47=1150 points

Actually Jax has #25 and #45 ... But its still close and I'm all in on Jacksonville if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    Actually Jax has #25 and #45 ... But its still close and I'm all in on Jacksonville if possible
    I would take that Chargers pick all day even if the chart value was the same. Puts us in striking range of the top 10 for a trade up or Devonta Smith/Waddle might even fall to us at #13 and we would still have another 1st round pick on top of that

Probably more likely to trade back than up but we can dream. I think the Ravens need quality over quantity, we rarely ever get to draft a blue chip talent so it might be an opportunity we don't want to pass up if we did in fact get this Chargers deal done.

Probably won't get an opportunity to pick that high again for a very long time, to grab a cheap blue chip talent with a 5th year option before we have to pay Lamar would be huge.
    If we somehow manage to get 13, we better use it or trade up. We won’t be picking that early for another decade with any luck.

I cant foresee a situation we end up with a pick that high AND our own, but... I’m not even sure that Z2+27 is enough value for Mike Williams and #13 but that is a separate discussion.

The trade being discussed here is highway robbery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I like this option they suggest:
    Chargers get:
    Orlando Brown Jr.
    Ravens 2021 4th Round Pick (131)
    Ravens get:
    Chargers 2021 1st Round Pick (13)
    Chargers 2021 3rd Round Pick (77)
    Chargers 2022 2nd Round Pick

I like this better than taking on Mike Williams’ $15M salary for his fifth year option next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If we somehow manage to get 13, we better use it or trade up. We won’t be picking that early for another decade with any luck.

I cant foresee a situation we end up with a pick that high AND our own, but... I’m not even sure that Z2+27 is enough value for Mike Williams and #13 but that is a separate discussion.

The trade being discussed here is highway robbery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, sounds too good to be true to me as well.

Hell I would give them OBJ + our 3rd for #13 by itself... forget Mike Williams even being involved, that's already a good trade for us

The Ravens badly need a young blue chip pass rusher and trading back would be a mistake if one is available when it’s their turn to draft.

I don’t like the idea of paying Ngakoue like an elite pass rusher or overpaying Judon like he’s one as well. I want to keep Judon at right player, right price, but not at a premier pass rusher price point.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The Ravens badly need a young blue chip pass rusher and trading back would be a mistake if one is available when it’s their turn to draft.

I don’t like the idea of paying Ngakoue like an elite pass rusher or overpaying Judon like he’s one as well. I want to keep Judon at right player, right price, but not at a premier pass rusher price point.
    Blue chip pass catcher or edge would definitely be at the top of my wish list with that 13th pick if they manage to land it

I just don't really love this edge class a whole ton, too boom or bust for a pick that high. Love Chase/Waddle/Smith/Pitts... I feel very safe with all those guys hitting. In a perfect world it would be a stud pass rusher but based on the draft class I think you take the pass catcher

Jaelan Phillips is the only edge guy that in intrigues me if we end up picking that high