Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OBJ Trade offers

That would be a home run for the Ravens, kill two birds with one stone by getting an X receiver to replace Boykin and some juicy draft capital

From #13 they could:

- Take one of the top Tackles
    - Trade back and accumulate even more picks
    - Trade up and get a blue chip pass catcher and take a Tackle at #27

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    So this is a hypothetical and doesn't look to be an actual rumor.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ando-brown-jr/
    I like this option they suggest:
    Chargers get:
    Orlando Brown Jr.
    Ravens 2021 4th Round Pick (131)
    Ravens get:
    Chargers 2021 1st Round Pick (13)
    Chargers 2021 3rd Round Pick (77)
    Chargers 2022 2nd Round Pick

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I heard it was 3 firsts and a unicorn. Should I start a thread?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My initial thought was that this wasn't true, because the deal would have been done if it were. This is the sort of return that I think the board can unanimously support. The debate has been over whether or not they would get it.
    After thinking about it Williams performance was mediocre and not worth 16 million dollars. According to over the cap his dead money is zero and he can be cut. I think the value of that is low if any.....

I think Brown Jrs value is mid20s 1st with a 2nd at this point if the Chargers offer their #1.

The Chargers #1 is basically that as its 1150 compared to the Colts #1 800 and #2 360.

So their #1 is fair value IMO by itself .....our #2 value 300 and their #4 value 78 = 222.

So Williams asking is a #3....I’m thinking he’s worth a #4 or #5

So if we exchange the second with our 3rd comp (approach #96) has a value of 118 or so.

#96 (118) minus their 4th #108 (78) would give them 40 points in value which is an early 5th

So

They Get
    Brown and our 3rd round #96

For

we get

1st #13

4th #108

and Williams

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    I’m starting to feel like getting rid of Orlando might be a mistake. He played solid and he’s durable. Plus it’s not so simple to draft a new guy and have the same or better production
    He wants to be traded, this isn't the Ravens pushing him out the door. Just the reality of the situation. Ravens front office takes care of their players and accommodates them when they can, they aren't going to force him into camp and get into a messy holdout situation. Not their style.

I imagine EDC already had a lengthy conversation with Orlando and tried to mend the situation for a return, to no avail

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I like this option they suggest:
    Chargers get:
    Orlando Brown Jr.
    Ravens get:

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    I like this deal and signing Detroit’s Jones or Williams after they cut him.

So the value is basically Brown and the 4th for basically a 1st and 2 3rds as the seconds value is future value and therefore diminished by a round.

Blog Entries

I’m starting to feel like getting rid of Orlando might be a mistake. He played solid and he’s durable. Plus it’s not so simple to draft a new guy and have the same or better production
    You are only keeping him for a year and then he hits the market. The Ravens aren't paying Brown LT money to stay and play RT. They aren't trading Stanley and taking a massive cap hit. They aren't franchising Brown since all offensive lineman get the same number so it's like a LT cap amount.

The options are; keep Brown for 2021 and get a 3rd round comp pick when he leaves in 2022.

or

Trade Brown for something significantly more that the comp pick in 2021 but you have to find a new RT for the season.

Honestly both options are good ones. You just don't want to trade Brown for something close to the comp value and lose him for 2021 without top compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    That would be a home run for the Ravens, kill two birds with one stone by getting an X receiver to replace Boykin and some juicy draft capital

From #13 they could:

- Take one of the top Tackles
    - Trade back and accumulate even more picks
    - Trade up and get a blue chip pass catcher and take a Tackle at #27
    At #13 I'm going all in to go get Pitts and then pick up a tackle at 27. Mike Williams and Kyle Pitts absolutely transforms this offense. There would literally be nothing you could do with all that talent on the field. Go get your lineman later on. This is a super deep draft for RT's. There's only 1 Kyle Pitts.

Blog Entries

It will hurt but you lose him next year anyway. 1st or 2nd round compensation is a win imo. If you could actually get pick 13...and I'm one that doesn't believe that's realistic at all...either alone or with a WR, that is a huge win. Huge.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    If this is true, MAKE THIS TRADE NOW!
    Of the trade scenarios, I do like this one :

--------------------------------------------------------->

Chargers get:

Orlando Brown Jr.

--------------------------------------------------------->

Ravens get:

----------------------------------------------------------

The Ravens would have two 1sts (#13 and our #27) and their 3rd (#77) plus our Comp Pick, minus a 4th (#131). So 5 picks in the first three rounds in 2021. Then an additional 2nd round pick in 2022. OK, no Mike Williams, but no $$$ contract either.

This one (above) is something I believe I'd do, if true. Wonder if DeCosta would too?

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    At #13 I'm going all in to go get Pitts and then pick up a tackle at 27. Mike Williams and Kyle Pitts absolutely transforms this offense. There would literally be nothing you could do with all that talent on the field. Go get your lineman later on. This is a super deep draft for RT's. There's only 1 Kyle Pitts.
    I'm on board with going all out for Pitts 100% if they can get within striking distance from this OBJ trade. Lamar loves him some big frame contested catch guys like Andrews.

Pitts is like Darren Waller on steroids, even more fluid with better ball skills. They can use him all over the place as well, even as a massive slot target.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by bandc
    At #13 I'm going all in to go get Pitts and then pick up a tackle at 27.
    Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm on board with going all out for Pitts 100% if they can get within striking distance from this OBJ trade. Lamar loves him some big frame contested catch guys like Andrews.

Pitts is like Darren Waller on steroids, even more fluid with better ball skills. They can use him all over the place as well, even as a massive slot target.
    While anything can happen on draft day, and usually does, I do not see Pitts (the consensus #1 TE) being available @ #13. Matter of fact, he may even go in the Top - 10... Bc