Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OBJ Trade offers

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I know there's another OBJ post but wanted to create this one on rumored offers.

This is what I saw today.

"According to Chargers media Fernando Ramirez, the Chargers are rumored to offer their 13th pick and Mike Williams for OBJ when the time comes. The Chargers priority in the draft is a LT"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I saw this exact deal being kicked around on Reddit (and maybe this site, can't remember) when it was first reported OBJ wanted a trade. So I'm going to have to have some doubt about this report until I see a more legitimate source than a quote that can't even be linked back to the supposed author.

We'd have to figure out a new deal for Mike Williams, but he's exactly what we need at WR and #13 overall is a great value for a RT on an expiring contract.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 02-12-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    That would be a good deal for the Chargers if they were looking to dump salary but they'd be better off dealing that #13 pick back into the mid 20's and picking up an extra 2 and 3 before pulling the trigger on it

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Sounds good in theory, but the teens are often no man's land for trade downs. The coveted blue chip players are off the board and there's usually not a lot of drop off from mid 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Sounds good in theory, but the teens are often no man's land for trade downs. The coveted blue chip players are off the board and there's usually not a lot of drop off from mid 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder.
    That's why you will see a draft-day trade in a situation like that. No way they make a move like that before the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I know there's another OBJ post but wanted to create this one on rumored offers.

This is what I saw today.

"According to Chargers media Fernando Ramirez, the Chargers are rumored to offer their 13th pick and Mike Williams for OBJ when the time comes. The Chargers priority in the draft is a LT"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    So trying to gauge the value of Williams in draft capital. If were were to trade for him what would it take? I just saw that his cap number is $15.860 Million. Honestly his contract isnt worth the production.

Chargers #13 = 1150

Looks like he can be cut with no dead money. I would want to know if he'd be interested in redoing his deal at an AAV of around 10 million.

Blog Entries

Isn't Mike Williams (1st round draft pick in 2017) an UFA in 2021 OR does he have an existing extended contract? While OBJ has "only " $3 mil+ for 2021, he certainly will command much more going forward, so the money difference would even out. All things being equal, I see the Ravens possibly getting the better of the trade because there should be a capable OT to choose from @ #13 to man RT (with hopefully Stanley healthy enough @ LT) meanwhile adding a competent WR (so we wouldn't have to sign a FA WR)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If this is true. Holy shit.
    Yup. I think if that was real it would be done already. How can you turn that down?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    That would be a good deal for the Chargers if they were looking to dump salary but they'd be better off dealing that #13 pick back into the mid 20's and picking up an extra 2 and 3 before pulling the trigger on it

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Just pointing out that their pick isn't worth an 1, 2, and 3 over say the mid20s teams. Their pick is worth 1150 and the Colts 1st is worth 800. So the difference is a late second and I think the Ravens are looking for a 1 and and additional 3 or 4 anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Isn't Mike Williams (1st round draft pick in 2017) an UFA in 2021 OR does he have an existing extended contract? While OBJ has "only " $3 mil+ for 2021, he certainly will command much more going forward, so the money difference would even out. All things being equal, I see the Ravens possibly getting the better of the trade because there should be a capable OT to choose from @ #13 to man RT (with hopefully Stanley healthy enough @ LT) meanwhile adding a competent WR (so we wouldn't have to sign a FA WR)... Bc
    He's on his 5th year option which is very expensive. The cap number for Mike Williams is $15.6 this year and you would have to extend him to keep him past 2021. That could be how the Chargers are justifying pay Brown LT money

Blog Entries

My initial thought was that this wasn't true, because the deal would have been done if it were. This is the sort of return that I think the board can unanimously support. The debate has been over whether or not they would get it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I’m starting to feel like getting rid of Orlando might be a mistake. He played solid and he’s durable. Plus it’s not so simple to draft a new guy and have the same or better production

Cool Re: OBJ Trade offers

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    So this is a hypothetical and doesn't look to be an actual rumor.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ando-brown-jr/
    If this is true, MAKE THIS TRADE NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If this is true. Holy shit.
    If this were true it would already be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk