Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,297 to 1,308 of 1321

Re: OBJ Trade offers

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That was an April fools joke from Tony
    Tony gets a few people every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Hmmmmm no first round pick offers yet? No mega contract offers yet? OBJ isn't worth it! Never was and never will be. The Ravens may get some kind of deal done just to make a bad situation in to a good one. They hardly want someone on the roster who clearly doesn't want to be here. That isn't a good situation for anyone. OBJ is getting a big slice of humble pie right now.......no one is beating down his door to get him signed. My personal opinion is that he will be on the Ravens roster opening day......50/50
    Like I said much earlier if you were one of the organizations in need of a LT you are probably willing to spend FA money betting OBJ can play LT longterm but giving up an asset in the form of a first round pick AND paying LT is a bit too much of a risk.

For OBJ it's obviously about the money he wants to establish himself as a LT before hitting FA or at least be paid as one on any extension. It's a very tricky situation. We sort of had the chance to figure out if teams viewed him as a LT playing RT they clearly don't. There are still questions otherwise a deal would have been made already.

The other issue is the draft it's pretty deep at OT. We may end up just keeping him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    So, despite all the claims of his wanting to be a left tackle not being money related, it WAS MONEY RELATED.

Let's just hope he gives 100% for the Ravens this year.
    (a) They both go hand-in-hand. A LT is more highly paid than an RT. However, there's a limit to what a team will spend on a player who has been an RT for 3 years, with a stint @ LT last year, as far as his wanting a Mega-Contract... Bc

(b) He would be a damn fool not to give it his all in 2021. I don't think he wants to impede his ability to get a sweet deal as an UFA in 2022. If he purposely tanks the season having a hissy-fit, other teams can see that too and it should drop their bids... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    I had been pretty impressed by how both sides had seemed to be handling a situation that often becomes publicly ugly, but so much for “it’s not about the money, it was my dead father’s greatest wish.” The player or agent decided “it’s not about the money, it’s about THE MONEY “ and the team decided to leak a story because it was pissed.
    IMO if either side, player or team, "opens the door" on a subject then the other side not has the right to give their side of the story. Just like in a court of law... Bc

The simple fact of the matter is if the Ravens are dead set on getting a first round pick for him they can wait right up until the draft to pull the trigger on it. It would make no sense for them to jump the gun now and accept the first offer they receive (if there is one) when there's plenty of time to see what else may come along between now and then.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is if the Ravens are dead set on getting a first round pick for him they can wait right up until the draft to pull the trigger on it. It would make no sense for them to jump the gun now and accept the first offer they receive (if there is one) when there's plenty of time to see what else may come along between now and then.

Also you may want to see how the draft plays out. No sense to trade now if the players you target in that area are gone. Or there would have been someone who fell at your original pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Also you may want to see how the draft plays out. No sense to trade now if the players you target in that area are gone. Or there would have been someone who fell at your original pick.
    At worst they'll have a proven RT for 2021 and a comp pick in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Sounds like this is on OBJ and his lofty money demands, wanting to top Trent Williams (A proven All-Pro LT) deal? 23M+ APY? He's dreaming

Either Orlando comes back down to Earth and takes a strong (but fair) deal with a suitor or he's shit out of luck until next offseason

This deal was probably done weeks ago on the Ravens end of things
    I swear there are gonna be some people years from now holding a grudge against Orlando for being greedy and lying about it being about the money all because of this April Fool’s article lol

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I swear there are gonna be some people years from now holding a grudge against Orlando for being greedy and lying about it being about the money all because of this April Fool’s article lol
    Yeah, the context will be lost over time. That's our world today.

Now that Carolina has traded for Darnold, are they in the mix for Brown? They have a need at T, draft capital, one more year of some dead money but cap space to work a deal and Tepper's deep pockets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Now that Carolina has traded for Darnold, are they in the mix for Brown? They have a need at T, draft capital, one more year of some dead money but cap space to work a deal and Tepper's deep pockets.
    What kind of "draft capital" do they have? I thought they had 7 picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and two 6ths)? If that is correct, then I don't see any excess. Of course the Panthers could give up a 2022 pick or two too... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A trade that I would absolutely love.(Probably not a chance in Hades it would ever happen).
    Baltimore sends:
    OBJ
    Pick #58 Round 2
    Pick #131 Round 4
    To Carolina for:
    Pick #8 Round 1
    Then trade the hell out of that #8 pick! I'm sure if they traded down 2-3 times they could end up with a late one, a couple of number two's and a few other picks as well.