Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2nd Impeachment Trial

McConnell basics said in a interview after the “verdict” that’s the reason the then Senate pushed to have the trial/hearing after Biden’s inauguration. This was his predicted outcome because Trump is out of office. Who cares now.

He did allude to the idea had this happened while Trump was still Pres ...he , McConnell would have voted to convict him. McConnell feels that the insurrection can be laid at Trumps feet.

This was frivolous at best from the start. Trump won’t run again in 4yrs. The GOP won’t allow it. He’s basically taken the Tea Party faction and grown it so the GOP is as fractured if not more that the Dems.

100% waste of tax dollars. But that’s our Gov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    More like 7 Republicans who had enough integrity and moral clarity to choose our democracy over their political careers.

I've never voted for a Democrat for President, US House, US Senate, or Maryland Governor. Today I switched my party affiliation to Democrat. I can hardly stand the Democratic party, but I'd rather side with a party I disagree with on policy than one that lacks the moral clarity to convict a President who undermines election results and the peaceful transition of power. Put another way: I'd rather live in a democracy with policies I disagree with than a "shithole country."

But you are ok voting for a party that failed In their first attempt at a coup(Russian collusion hoax) so they had to perform a second attempt(COVID) to be successful in stealing the White House?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But you are ok voting for a party that failed In their first attempt at a coup(Russian collusion hoax) so they had to perform a second attempt(COVID) to be successful in stealing the White House?

Covid as a coup attempt.... wow!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    All the GOP Senators that will be left once the Patriot Party forms.
    That's certainly a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Covid as a coup attempt.... wow!
    A world wide coup! The whole world hates Trump. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyOnTheCouch View Post
    That's certainly a possibility.
    Then I would be able to Vote for the GOP again!

7. Re: 2nd Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It’s the typical squishy RINO’s...Collins, Romney, Sasse, Murkowski, etc.

Plus a couple who usually don't run w/those, like our Senator Burr. He's not running again in 2022, so that may help explain why he decided to join those spineless jellyfish. I mean after all, Trump did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Rage-populism can excite a base, but it alienates the middle. And you risk turning the base into an mob that chooses anger and conspiracy over principles and reason.

I'll vote for moderate Dems in primaries. When candidates I can stomach get to the general I'll vote for them there too. I'll still have standards.

I'd love to have reasonable conservative alternatives, but I don't really see a conservative party right now. I just see one that defines itself by its resentment of the left. That resentment is the only thing driving the bus. That's how you end up in a place where people are willing to follow someone who's undermining our elections.

If that changes I'll happily change my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    McConnell basics said in a interview after the “verdict” that’s the reason the then Senate pushed to have the trial/hearing after Biden’s inauguration. This was his predicted outcome because Trump is out of office. Who cares now.

He did allude to the idea had this happened while Trump was still Pres ...he , McConnell would have voted to convict him. McConnell feels that the insurrection can be laid at Trumps feet.

This was frivolous at best from the start. Trump won’t run again in 4yrs. The GOP won’t allow it. He’s basically taken the Tea Party faction and grown it so the GOP is as fractured if not more that the Dems.

100% waste of tax dollars. But that’s our Gov.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosob...15669294596096

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Plus a couple who usually don't run w/those, like our Senator Burr. He's not running again in 2022, so that may help explain why he decided to join those spineless jellyfish. I mean after all, Trump did nothing wrong whatsoever.
    If he did they wouldn’t have needed to doctor evidence...

I'll vote for moderate Dems in primaries. When candidates I can stomach get to the general I'll vote for them there too. I'll still have standards.

I'd love to have reasonable conservative alternatives, but I don't really see a conservative party right now. I just see one that defines itself by its resentment of the left. That resentment is the only thing driving the bus. That's how you end up in a place where people are willing to follow someone who's undermining our elections.

If that changes I'll happily change my mind.
    Wow! Talk about twisted! There are no moderates on the left. They are all in with extreme liberalism. Now, if you don’t believe there are 57 genders, for example, you’ll possibly lose your job or go to jail. The Nazis are in power now.

12. Re: 2nd Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If he did they wouldn’t have needed to doctor evidence...
    As long as they can keep convincing enough feeble-minded sheep to keep buying what they are selling, they'll keep on keepin' on.