Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2nd Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    More like 7 Republicans who had enough integrity and moral clarity to choose our democracy over their political careers.

I've never voted for a Democrat for President, US House, US Senate, or Maryland Governor. Today I switched my party affiliation to Democrat. I can hardly stand the Democratic party, but I'd rather side with a party I disagree with on policy than one that lacks the moral clarity to convict a President who undermines election results and the peaceful transition of power. Put another way: I'd rather live in a democracy with policies I disagree with than a "shithole country."

You're free to be as deluded as you want to be.

I'd rather live in a democracy with policies I disagree with than a "shithole country."

Amen.

Blog Entries

It's amazing how nobody has the balls to show up in the threads where the evidence of voter fraud is laid out but always show up in other threads to declare "There was no voter fraud."

What a coincidence!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It’s the typical squishy RINO’s...Collins, Romney, Sasse, Murkowski, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All the GOP Senators that will be left once the Patriot Party forms.

The lack of interest in this trial bolsters the argument that it was an unconstitutional exercise.

A political trial needs politics. An ex-president defendant doesn't bring same political vitality to the trial or, more importantly, to his defense. People don't fight as hard to save an ex-president as they do to save a sitting president.

Disqualification is the easy downhill roll after the arduous uphill struggle of removal. It's the cherry on top of the removal sundae.

What you had here was a practically no-risk prosecution up against a practically no-reward defense. That is not heavyweight constitutional political battle. That is not a battle of equals.

You can dance on the grave after you do the killing. You don't dance on the grave after death by natural causes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    You're free to be as deluded as you want to be.
    Good gracious l, I hope you stick with not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Good gracious l, I hope you stick with not voting.
    I can't tell if this was directed at me or pickles, but to be clear I always vote. I just hadn't voted for a Democrat in a national election or for governor.

Blog Entries

More like 7 Republicans who had enough integrity and moral clarity to choose our democracy over their political careers.

I've never voted for a Democrat for President, US House, US Senate, or Maryland Governor. Today I switched my party affiliation to Democrat. I can hardly stand the Democratic party, but I'd rather side with a party I disagree with on policy than one that lacks the moral clarity to convict a President who undermines election results and the peaceful transition of power. Put another way: I'd rather live in a democracy with policies I disagree with than a "shithole country."

Oh puhhhhlleeease...

Choosing moral clarity and integrity over career. Don’t make me laugh.

These are people that will tell you the sky is green and McDonalds is nutritious food if they thought it would score them points. They go whichever way the wind blows man.

They have no integrity. They have no spine. They don’t stand for anything.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    All the GOP Senators that will be left once the Patriot Party forms.
    Will never take hold.

If the GOP wants to survive then they need to grow a pair and start fighting back. That’s why so many conservative voters like Trump.

The Leftists knew that they had to take over the Democratic Party to get power. They started doing this years ago. They targeted academia and entertainment. Once they had a stranglehold on mainstream culture, then they were able to get people like AOC into position to be the face of the Democratic Party.

This is why I have no respect for the GOP. They sat back and watched it all happen. It’s not like Leftists were shy about their intentions.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Oh puhhhhlleeease...

Choosing moral clarity and integrity over career. Don’t make me laugh.

These are people that will tell you the sky is green and McDonalds is nutritious food if they thought it would score them points. They go whichever way the wind blows man.

They have no integrity. They have no spine. They don’t stand for anything.

The vast majority of the time I would agree. Politicians are largely self interested. But it doesn't mean that some of them don't have a limit. There's no upside for Republicans voting to convict Trump. The likeliest explanation is that they were doing what they thought was right.

Blog Entries

Will never take hold.

If the GOP wants to survive then they need to grow a pair and start fighting back. That’s why so many conservative voters like Trump.

The Leftists knew that they had to take over the Democratic Party to get power. They started doing this years ago. They targeted academia and entertainment. Once they had a stranglehold on mainstream culture, then they were able to get people like AOC into position to be the face of the Democratic Party.

This is why I have no respect for the GOP. They sat back and watched it all happen. It’s not like Leftists were shy about their intentions.

And yet the Leftist candidate lost the Democratic primary to a moderate. If the Left really controlled the Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders would have won the Democratic nomination. Instead, Sanders lost resoundingly.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Will never take hold.

I think some of this is a little overblown, but I agree that the Democratic party is becoming more extreme. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the best way to oppose that would be to appear more reasonable than them rather than trying to out-derange them. Rage-populism can excite a base, but it alienates the middle. And you risk turning the base into an mob that chooses anger and conspiracy over principles and reason. There are elements of that on both sides to be sure, but IMO the right has completely lost it. Trump abdicated his duty while a mob of people waving flags with his name on it stormed the capitol. That's a no-brainer. He should have been impeached and convicted in landslides.